• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Look at the polls! Look at the states! Look at the news! PoliGAF is wetting the bed out of sheer happiness. Just wait until next week when PoliGAF is wetting the bed in fear!

I'm not even looking at polls until at least a week after the first debate.
I blame DQ7 3DS.

Boke1879

It's freaky seeing people on Facebook who complain about how "this election sucks, ugh, both sides are bad" all the time reacting so well to that Between Two Ferns interview.

Most seem impressed with how funny Hillary can be when she wants to be.

Shes at her best in situations like that and that video shows she's fine with making fun of herself.

Emarv

It's freaky seeing people on Facebook who complain about how "this election sucks, ugh, both sides are bad" all the time reacting so well to that Between Two Ferns interview.

Most seem impressed with how funny Hillary can be when she wants to be. An actual Buster posting about how funny it was. And not in a dumb passive aggressive way, either.

I honestly do find it funny how easily us millennials are swayed by this stuff. How much we crave our politicians to feel young and hip and "human". We're so easy.

Joeytj

Banned

Most seem impressed with how funny Hillary can be when she wants to be. An actual Buster posting about how funny it was. And not in a dumb passive aggressive way, either.

Yeah, I've been keeing an eye on the reaction to Between Two Ferns all day, and it's crazy how positive the reaction has been. It's already at 13 M views in just 11 hrs.

It's a really funny video but it's somehow more depressing if that's what ends up successfully selling her to reluctant voters. (I'll take it though.)

Voters aren't rational. None of us are. We make snap moral judgements about what we see and backfill in justifications after the fact. The video helps people see Clinton in a new light. It gives them a new chance to make that snap moral judgement in a new context.

Don't be depressed about it. We're all just hairless apes trying to get by.

That's it. I'm voting Trump.

image.php

Valhelm

contribute something
Trump panicking about Lester Holt is a very good sign. Hillary just needs to take her cough drops and watch Trump slip.

Remember when I was talking about sign theft in my neighborhood? Well, it started with people stealing yard signs, but this is the incident that prompted my post.

Here's what happened in Northside: Perennial local candidate Jim Berns (Mayor, Congress, City Council, Cincinnati Board of Education) had stationed himself at an intersection with a "Trump for president, honk support our police" sign. (He's a Libertarian, but backing Trump this year.)

Enter Harper Clark of Northside, who grabbed Berns' sign and tried to take off with it.

"I literally got like five steps," before police officers "yelled from their car I would be charged with theft and assault," she told The Enquirer. One of two flags affixed to the top of Berns' sign came undone during the tug-of-war . He picked it up and placed it in his breast pocket.

After being forced to return Berns' sign, she confronted him, asking him "Are you a rape culture supporter?"

Berns replied: "I support Trump."

Yay being ahead in NC early voting!

It's great that Democrats have gotten so good at this, even with voter ID laws and other suppression schemes.

Yay being ahead in NC early voting!

It's great that Democrats have gotten so good at this, even with voter ID laws and other suppression schemes.

I expect early voting to be specifically targeted over the next few years by the GOP as something to remove.

Because, obviously, rather than trying to get more people to vote for you, you just make it harder for the people not voting for you to vote.

Hillary's Between Two Ferns interview was mostly improvisation

She taped this on the day she was diagnosed with pneumonia acc to CNN's Dan Merica.

EDIT:

More Info on this interview from Funny or Die executive producer's interview with Politico:

“It was actually her idea, strangely enough,” comedian Scott Aukerman, who directs and executive produces the web series, said. “… She told her team she wanted to do it and that she really liked the one with President Obama, so that kind of made the process really easy. We didn’t have to go through the hoops we sometimes have to go through in order to even get Hollywood people to do it.”

the crew had no idea she had been feeling unwell... “We kind of went, ‘she had pneumonia?!,’” Aukerman said. “We couldn’t believe it. The one clue we had was that she was drinking hot water.”

The interview was mostly improvised. As a result of the improvisation, none of the questions Galifianakis asked Clinton had been cleared with the candidate or with Clinton’s team.

That protesters hate white people because they are successful might be the most racist thing I've heard from a congressman in a longoing time.

Also do these curfews actually work? It seems like it's going to be another night of chaos soon.

I expect early voting to be specifically targeted over the next few years by the GOP as something to remove.

Because, obviously, rather than trying to get more people to vote for you, you just make it harder for the people not voting for you to vote.
Good luck with that, liberal Supreme Court will smack it down.

NC will hopefully have Cooper ready to veto any right wing shenanigans. We'll also have to make sure to get Dem governors in WI, FL and MI in 2018 (among others but these are probably the most important).

NeoXChaos

Good luck with that, liberal Supreme Court will smack it down.

NC will hopefully have Cooper ready to veto any right wing shenanigans. We'll also have to make sure to get Dem governors in WI, FL and MI in 2018 (among others but these are probably the most important).

I thought NC had a supermajority

On mobile. Have we posted that Buzzfeed article from the hacked DNC emails that talks about how Hillary decided to change her campaign strategy and distinguish him from the rest of the GOP?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/rubycramer/how-a-decision-in-may-changed-the-general-election
It's a wise choice. If she went after the party as a whole and tied Donald with them at the hip, it would have backfired. It wouldn't help toward consolidating her base, and would have pushed away people on the right trying to escape Donald's hold of the party.

Emarv

Yoooooo, this Omarosa comment, yoooooooo

Omarosa: ‘Every Critic, Every Detractor, Will Have to Bow Down to President Trump’

And Omarosa gave this actual quote (I cannot emphasize enough that this is a real thing she said):

“Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump. It’s everyone who’s ever doubted Donald, who ever disagreed, who ever challenged him. It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/omar...tor-will-have-to-bow-down-to-president-trump/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom