• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonjonaug

In fairness, there is a lot of bullshit happening this election. Russians are hacking, the opposition is crazy and possibly violent, and now some fuckwad elector seems to have decided that one of the bluest states should not vote for the Democratic candidate because of both sides bullshit.

It's one elector, who cares? I don't think I've seen any scenario where Clinton wins at precisely 270 electoral votes.

Grief.exe

When you look at stuff like 1.5 million more registered voters in Texas I'm inclined to believe Mook. People are going to be crawling out of the woodwork to vote against Trump as we're mainly seeing growth among minorities. Growth among Trump's preferred demographic has been pretty standard by comparison.

Which the Clinton Campaign's increased ground game presence will benefit from as well.

Lol
How could he possibly have evidence to disprove every single allegation of sexual assault? This is not just one single claim, but multiple. Spanning many years.
"I actually exist in a different plane of reality, the best reality, and cannot physically have contact with people, and definitely not with women"

I don't know about what to make about it possible being the highest turnout. The campaign also says that it will be a close election.

I know that they say that at least partly to keep people engaged but something doesn't add up. If it is close and there is a high turnout than that might be due to deplorables showing up in masses.

Deplorables AKA white trash is a pretty dependable voting bloc already.

High turnout is usually bad for Republicans.

Blader

What could be a more appropriate time to provide evidence that disproves sexual assault/harassment allegations against a presidential nominee than, like, fucking immediately? To say nothing of wanting to quickly salvage his own credibility, there's less than four weeks until the election!

shiba5

In fairness, there is a lot of bullshit happening this election. Russians are hacking, the opposition is crazy and possibly violent, and now some fuckwad elector seems to have decided that one of the bluest states should not vote for the Democratic candidate because of both sides bullshit.

I missed this elector thing. Which blue state? (Please don't be MD cuz I'm going to riot.)

MoxManiac

My mom is disabled and doesn't usually vote, but she has asked me this year to help her get an absentee ballot in to vote against trump.

Grief.exe

BREAKING NEWS
DRUDGE

Wikileaks show John Podesta's emails that will end the Clinton Campaign.

Latest email leaks show Podesta using non-Kosher Pork in his stew recipe.

explodet

giphy.gif

Emarv

Isn't there a poll out in 20 mins? I forget which one and I'm too lazy to dig pages back.

Anybody remember which pollster and which state?

kevin1025

Banned
I'm rather upset that there was this woman on CNN just now that supposedly helps victims of sexual assault, and she just spent five minutes spewing outrageous garbage about how these women are lying and that they should not be believed because it's within the last 30 days of the election.

Veelk

Banned
It's one elector, who cares? I don't think I've seen any scenario where Clinton wins at precisely 270 electoral votes.

One state is nothing, but what if it gets around? What if more electors do it?

Any other election, whatever. But it's never been more critical to vote than in this one. If there was any justice in the world, Trump wouldn't get a single electoral vote period.

The 'appropriate time', meaning the moment his campaign has enough ammo to character assassinate the victims who came forward.

This is what I'm most worried about. Trump is riling up a base that would have no problem ruining these women's lives and possibly even putting them in physical danger for coming forward. It's scary.

kevin1025

Banned
He can't do that for the People Magazine writer, we literally have proof they were in the same place at the same time.

Subpoena the butler, he walked in on it. He also fished for gold dollars when Trump's father tossed them into the gravel of the driveway and said it was great. He's also a little racist.

zethren

Banned
I want Georgia.

At this point, I'm skeptical about the House.

Yes, it's likely that GOP turnout will be down. But other than that, I don't think people are necessarily buying the tying-to-Trump thing. Trump is so obviously damaged goods that I think it's hard to associate "normal" Republicans to him at this point. As long as they don't outright condemn him but say they disapprove, they can thread the (not fairly large) eye of the needle.

I would love it if my state turned blue.
Georgia, pls...

BREAKING NEWS
DRUDGE

Wikileaks show John Podesta's emails that will end the Clinton Campaign.

Latest email leaks show Podesta using non-Kosher Pork in his stew recipe.

Speaking of pork, but am I imagining things, or was there once a time in this campaign when Trump was saying we should dip bullets in pigs blood when fighting in Muslim countries? There's been so much crap this election I can't keep things straight anymore.

studyguy

This is what I'm most worried about. Trump is riling up a base that would have no problem ruining these women's lives and possibly even putting them in physical danger for coming forward. It's scary.

It is literally what he meant by the evidence exonerating him being released at the appropriate time. The women who came forward know who Trump is and what's coming.

kevin1025

Banned
Speaking of pork, but am I imagining things, or was there once a time in this campaign when Trump was saying we should dip bullets in pigs blood when fighting in Muslim countries? There's been so much crap this election I can't keep things straight anymore.

He quoted a false story about some general or some such doing it when he killed captured enemies. He dipped the bullets in pig's blood before shooting them.

Like a lot of people, I think we need to seriously consider mass, targeted misinformation on the internet as a threat. There needs to be better education going forward for people to be able to think critically about information they're provided. The internet isn't an encyclopedia of knowledge anymore, it's a minefield.

There's no way he can resist now

White House warns Trump not to attack Michelle Obama - http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/warning-trump-attack-michelle-obama-229749

Of course he will do it. He has to now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom