• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ana will turn back to being a typical Republican after the election. She is just love right now because she hates Trump and his surrogates.

I am going to be so sad when we aren't on the same side anymore. Maybe she'll get sick of the whole damn party and join us.

Revolver

Guys we aren't all watching CNN. Come on.

Quick summary, Andre Bauer was doing his talking points about emails, wikileaks etc, Angie Rye started to say something and he cut her off saying, "I never interrupted you darlin', I totally respect your position..." and she said "You just called me darlin' at 2:30 in the afternoon. You don't respect my position at all."

Wiz

Ana will turn back to being a typical Republican after the election. She is just love right now because she hates Trump and his surrogates.

True, but at least we know she's willing to stand against the BS coming from her own party.

I am going to be so sad when we aren't on the same side anymore. Maybe she'll get sick of the whole damn party and join us.

Sadly I think while she obviously despises trump so much she still believes in the typical conservative bullet points and that will keep her from switching sides

Damn, thread moves fast today.

I saw Trump on TV with the sound down, he looked pouty. He's defeated.

I love the Kaine quote about winning the election, not the debate. I cannot wait to see the behind the scenes book about how this has been planned, what was deliberate and what was serendipity.

Don't think the vote would consolidate to a anti-populist candidate.

GOP is fucked either way.
Fewer candidates who all take each other seriously and do some basic oppo research on each other.

The fatal mistake this year was everyone either not taking Trump as a serious threat or slipstreaming behind him until it was too late to stop him.

NBC/WSJ/Marist polls of NC and OH at 4 EST. Done from 10/10-10/12.

Predict:

+3 NC +2 OH.

Crooked Urban and the Buckeye deplorables make sure that Wolf Blitzer has at least one dead heat to dream by for the next few weeks.

the amount of 'omg, did you just see this on cable news!!!1' in this thread is comical. Of course I didn't see it because who on earth watches cable news unless they are getting ready for work in the morning.

Notorious R.B.G had it right-NewsHour is the only watchable media show on TV.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Predict:

+3 NC +2 OH.

Crooked Urban and the Buckeye deplorables make sure that Wolf Blitzer has at least one dead heat to dream by for the next few weeks.

the amount of 'omg, did you just see this on cable news!!!1' in this thread is comical. Of course I didn't see it because who on earth watches cable news unless they are getting ready for work in the morning.

After the election literally no one will watch morning joe again for four years

Veelk

Banned
Okay, so I saw michelle's speech, NYT's response, the apparently Trump made a fascist speech that I'm not going to watch and am trying to get the clifnotes for, Obamacare is on the fritz, and some fuckhead shiteating elector may decide to fuck all of America over.

Anything I miss?

Can you at least use a noun that would indicate what you are even talking about?
It was a commercial for this amazing nonstick frying pan where you can fry cheese and marshmallows and it doesn't stick to the pan... thought you all were watching :p

After the election literally no one will watch morning joe again for four years

Is this the morning show that Trump used to call into all the time? Did their ratings change after he stopped doing anything other than Hannity?

PKrockin

Well this is an attack ad in the making if I've ever seen one. On Howard Stern, Trump reacting to being called a sexual predator with a smile and a nod like "can't argue with that", maybe mouths "it's true" (hard to tell).

https://youtu.be/aHPUZk5HdRA?t=21m51s

There are so many tapes and accounts flooding in I can't keep track of them all.

Predict:

+3 NC +2 OH.

No way. the last three polls out of there were +4, +4, and +10.
+10 is probably a bit on the high side, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the next poll in between those numbers.

+2 is waaaaaay too low.

marrec

Banned
Okay, so I saw michelle's speech, NYT's response, the apparently Trump made a fascist speech that I'm not going to watch and am trying to get the clifnotes for, Obamacare is on the fritz, and some fuckhead shiteating elector may decide to fuck all of America over.

Anything I miss?

Risotto recipe.

Grief.exe

They're going to have to teach this in history class going forward, and I hope Conservative media takes note of this, just how close we came from a functioning, progressive society to full blown second coming of Hitler.

It was a commercial for this amazing nonstick frying pan where you can fry cheese and marshmallows and it doesn't stick to the pan... thought you all were watching :p

Is this the morning show that Trump used to call into all the time? Did their ratings change after he stopped doing anything other than Hannity?

Trump Non-Stick Frying Pans are the best frying pans and the Sharper Image is the ONLY place where you can buy them!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I went to go teach a class and I come back and see this thread exploded like 13 pages. What the hell happened?

Michelle gave us life, Trump gave a Nazi speech (again), and the NYTimes told Trump to bring it and/or go fuck himself in regards to his lawsuit against them.

Campaign denying the Serbian interview:
Cuq1hN_WgAE0Evh.jpg:large

WTF

Syncytia

Re: "Look at her" I kind of think it's just his way of speaking. If you see it on video rather than reading the text, it just seems to me like his normal way of speaking on any given topic. "Look at CNN" "Look at the polls" "Look at Obamacare" "Look at Syria" Not defending him in any way, just saying...

I work at night so I get to bask in the shenanigans all day. I miss most of the morning stuff though. I just wish people would put some quotes in their posts, rather than just things like "Ohh Ana is on fire."

marrec

Banned
They're going to have to teach this in history class going forward, and I hope Conservative media takes note of this, just how close we came from a functioning, progressive society to full blown second coming of Hitler.

Like a lot of people, I think we need to seriously consider mass, targeted misinformation on the internet as a threat. There needs to be better education going forward for people to be able to think critically about information they're provided. The internet isn't an encyclopedia of knowledge anymore, it's a minefield.

“I hope it’s not true, but I can’t look at that right now,” said Karen Hainline, 54, of Wellington, Fla. “I have to look at who is going to run our country and make jobs. We’re getting people beheaded in our own country. We need security.”

Sorry, people are being beheaded in the US? Did I miss something?

This election has really flipped my world upside down. I live in California, yet so many people I know are exposing their true selves in defending the "locker room talk." I've never had an election destroy as many friendships as this one.

I even had someone say "you are no different than Trump, I have heard your locker room talk." No, I am not like Trump when I say "That woman was hot, I'd like to get with her." That's not even close to being the same, right?

Ha, you think that's what they're going to teach once Texas writes the textbooks? :p

Pyrokai

Like a lot of people, I think we need to seriously consider mass, targeted misinformation on the internet as a threat. There needs to be better education going forward for people to be able to think critically about information they're provided. The internet isn't an encyclopedia of knowledge anymore, it's a minefield.

And this needs to start with our actual education system.

This election has really flipped my world upside down. I live in California, yet so many people I know are exposing their true selves in defending the "locker room talk." I've never had an election destroy as many friendships as this one.

I even had someone say "you are no different than Trump, I have heard your locker room talk." No, I am not like Trump when I say "That woman was hot, I'd like to get with her." That's not even close to being the same, right?

Misogynists often don't see the difference between sex and rape.

I mean, both include sex!

Foffy

Banned

All of this happening as we start to ponder more and more if the universe is a simulation.

Coincidence? I think not. The simulation is self-aware of our self-awareness and is in troll mode.

To the Berenstein universe we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom