• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this has to have been one of the fastest moving PoliGAF threads this election cycle
KuGsj.gif

Trump said at his rally that he doesn't have to be doing this, and could be "enjoying the fruits of many successful business deals". He needs to keep saying that he's successful until he believes it himself.

Amir0x

Banned
The election thread is gonna be like 100 pages dedicated to yawning (and exit poll fear mongering) as the first results come back and the night is called early. 300 pages will be dedicated to looking up and watching every conservative tv news channel, youtube channel, radio channel or politician and dredging all sweet sweet tears to consume.

@ShaneGoldmacher
In conference call, Robby Mook says total vote in 2016 will break records. Relevant amid talk of dispiriting campaign driving down turnout.

Needless to say, this would be VERY good for Clinton.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The election thread is gonna be like 100 pages dedicated to yawning (and exit poll fear mongering) as the first results come back and the night is called early. 300 pages will be dedicated to looking up and watching every conservative tv news channel, youtube channel, radio channel or politician and dredging all sweet sweet tears to consume.

I am going to drink all of the salty tears

Meanwhile this thread will be panicking about every twitter rumor.

it's not the same, but it is objectifying and women tend to hate it. Tone is everything though.

I think it's safe to say most men have had boys only crude talk about sexual conquests etc. I think this is especially true the younger the person is. I think this is also true for a lot of women only conversations as well. People tend to sexually objectify. The problem is trying to equate vulgarity among men with sexual assault. Doing so normalizes the behavior and that's fucking ... deplorable.

NeoXChaos

Is Mook talking percentage or raw vote. Johnson 1964 was the last time turnout was above 60% and we have more people living here. I assume he thinks its going to top 2008's 58.2%

NeoXChaos

I just hope election day workers and courts are prepared for long lines and litigation. The Trump campaign is going to be trying to sue and make voting irregularities and inaccuracy at every turn.

kevin1025

Banned
Barbara Res, who worked for Trump for 18 years, is on CNN saying that Trump changed when the celebrity of his book (Art of the Deal) and the blow-up of his marriage turned him into what he essentially is today. Couldn't approach him, couldn't correct him. He would bring up at random how a certain movie star is after him sexually, etc.

Snake

I'm skeptical that overall turnout will be higher than 2008, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see turnout up in the contested states.

I just hope election day workers and courts are prepared for long lines and litigation. The Trump campaign is going to be trying to sue and make voting irregularities and inaccuracy at every turn.

The Trump campaign is a giant mess. This kind of interference is going to come from local and state parties, and even then it's not going to be that bad (it never really is).

Dierce

I don't know about what to make about it possible being the highest turnout. The campaign also says that it will be a close election.

I know that they say that at least partly to keep people engaged but something doesn't add up. If it is close and there is a high turnout than that might be due to deplorables showing up in masses.

Teggy

This is Lou Dobbs' "apology"

Lou DobbsVerified account
‏@LouDobbs
My Retweet,My Mistake,My Apology to Jessica Leeds Lou Dobbs tweets Trump accuser's address and phone # http://politi.co/2ekK77E #MAGA #Dobbs

Yup, that's it. A link to the article that says what he did without additional comment other than "My Apology". And freaking maga hashtag.

I want Georgia.

At this point, I'm skeptical about the House.

Yes, it's likely that GOP turnout will be down. But other than that, I don't think people are necessarily buying the tying-to-Trump thing. Trump is so obviously damaged goods that I think it's hard to associate "normal" Republicans to him at this point. As long as they don't outright condemn him but say they disapprove, they can thread the (not fairly large) eye of the needle.

Revolver

Barbara Res, who worked for Trump for 18 years, is on CNN saying that Trump changed when the celebrity of his book (Art of the Deal) and the blow-up of his marriage turned him into what he essentially is today. Couldn't approach him, couldn't correct him. He would bring up at random how a certain movie star is after him sexually, etc.

"He's a blatant sexist. He doesn't respect women. He doesn't respect anyone. He has no business running for president."

That's got to sting. She's someone I thought that stuck up for him.

Veelk

Banned
Meanwhile this thread will be panicking about every twitter rumor.

In fairness, there is a lot of bullshit happening this election. Russians are hacking, the opposition is crazy and possibly violent, and now some fuckwad elector seems to have decided that one of the bluest states should not vote for the Democratic candidate because of both sides bullshit.

When you look at stuff like 1.5 million more registered voters in Texas I'm inclined to believe Mook. People are going to be crawling out of the woodwork to vote against Trump as we're mainly seeing growth among minorities. Growth among Trump's preferred demographic has been pretty standard by comparison.

I don't know about what to make about it possible being the highest turnout. The campaign also says that it will be a close election.

I know that they say that at least partly to keep people engaged but something doesn't add up. If it is close and there is a high turnout than that might be due to deplorables showing up in masses.
when did they say it'd be close?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom