• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
SE Cupp melting down lmao

Okay, I'm alright w/ this result so far. Really would love the robot to go ofor tho

Clinton's pledged delegate count from tonight's wins stands at 405 to his 187.
This ignore supers.

I.e. have we already reached the point where it's mathematically impossible to close that?
(Without massive upset wins in later states)

watershed

Banned
Rubio already prepped his donors for a scenario where he wouldn't win a single Super Tuesday state and still makes it to the convention for a floor fight, lol. He and his campaign are really delusional. Their entire strategy now relies on the RNC and party establishment intervening in his favor and basically undermining all the voting thus far.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Clinton's pledged delegate count from tonight's wins stands at 405 to his 187.
This ignore supers.

I.e. have we already reached the point where it's mathematically impossible to close that?
(Without massive upset wins in later states)

I'd say were about there. A 200~ delegate margin is huge.

Bowdz

Holy shit, will Hilldawg really have a 200+ pledged delegate lead after tonight?!? Didn't Barry-O only have a 100 delegate lead and that was an insurmountable chasm for Hillary in 08.

Kusagari

Rubio is done.

GOP has to make a choice tonight. Rally around the guy they hate or stomach the guy that is destroying their party.

Cruz is probably one of the top 3 most disliked people in DC. It's clear republicans want to stop Trump...but it's also clear only Cruz can do it.

It's got a super tiny Democratic population, mostly clustered in college towns. Some of the rural Democrats prefer Sanders because he's not an "establishment politician", I expect.

With equal numbers of precincts in the Democratic Primary only has 40k less votes than the Republican--it comes out to about 15% less, which isn't that substantial considering South Carolina had twice as many Republicans as Democrats.

GOP has to make a choice tonight. Rally around the guy they hate or stomach the guy that is destroying their party.

I feel like that describes both Trump and Cruz--as in, the GOP hates both and thinks they are both destructive.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Yeah, OK was the biggest upset of the night:

ooNyYvz.png

The establishment will absolutely get behind Cruz if it means stumping Trump. Everybody hates Cruz, but he presents a more overtly palatable GOP face to the general electorate and is, for better or worse, all in on conservative principles across the board.

OMG at Fox News saying several sources predicting Rick Scott is going to endorse Donald Trump. Rubio is goddamn cooked.

Holy shit, will Hilldawg really have a 200+ pledged delegate lead after tonight?!? Didn't Barry-O only have a 100 delegate lead and that was an insurmountable chasm for Hillary in 08.

Getting destroyed in large southern states is impossible to come back from

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
we all agree that Cruz winning the nomination and having a 1% chance of winning he presidency is better than trump getting the nom and having any chance, right? right?

The establishment will absolutely get behind Cruz if it means stumping Trump. Everybody hates Cruz, but he presents a more overtly palatable GOP face to the general electorate and is, for better or worse, all in on conservative principles across the board.

OMG at Fox News saying several sources predicting Rick Scott is going to endorse Donald Trump. Rubio is goddamn cooked.

They can't get behind Cruz, he's dead in most of the remaining states. Same with Kasich. For all of Rubio's inadequacies, there's no alternative to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom