• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowdz

I'll start believing Hillary will turn this around as soon as she actually starts closing the gap (which she's not).

gaugebozo

HARRY ENTEN 9:33 PM
I’m looking on the Wayne County clerk’s website to try to get an idea of where the vote is being reported from in Wayne County. It seems, at least as of earlier this hour, that Detroit was at 0 percent. The nearly uniformly white areas of Grosse Pointe Shores and Plymouth were at 100 percent. In other words, the percentages coming out of Wayne County right now don’t really reflect how black areas are voting.

This is likely. My mom was a poll worker in Grosse Pointe City. She said it almost all went to Kasich, but the Democrats were split.

Can I just point out it's sad that potentially 30% AA vote fir Sanders is considered an improvement?

Given that Mississippi backed Hillary 89-11 or so today among black voters, I don't think it's so much an improvement on Bernie's part as it is proof that the strength of Hillary's black support is at least somewhat dependent on where you are in the country.

Diablos

Trump is going from being entertaining to making me feel sick. The fact that he would even stand a possible chance of winning the presidency is a huge risk. He is so insane. I think we're underestimating him.

While all this 'polling being way off' is super exciting (and it is), let's not forget that 538 have Sanders needing 67 of Michigan's 130 pledged delegates to be on track... and that was based on him *already being on track*. If this is close to 50:50, Clinton beats her targets yet again, and Sanders misses his, yet again. Sanders doesn't need to beat whatever the polls thought was going to happen. He needs to win enough delegates, and splitting any large state with Clinton... it doesn't do him any good.

I'll start believing Hillary will turn this around as soon as she actually starts closing the gap (which she's not).

According to CNN's prediction Bernie just shot up from 48% to a new high of 71%. He's been fluctuating between 30 and 60 since I've been watching results.

Bowdz

Trump is going from being entertaining to making me feel sick. The fact that he would even stand a possible chance of winning the presidency is a huge risk. He is so insane. I think we're underestimating him.

Huge risk for a huge reward.

Fortune favors the bold bro. - Nathan Drake

Given that Mississippi backed Hillary 89-11 or so today among black voters, I don't think it's so much an improvement on Bernie's part as it is proof that the strength of Hillary's black support is at least somewhat dependent on where you are in the country.

Point is people call him a politician for the people but he doesn't clearly do enough to try and win an important group.

It just shows how much work he actually has to do.

Bowdz

Berries got this one

Yep.

While all this 'polling being way off' is super exciting (and it is), let's not forget that 538 have Sanders needing 67 of Michigan's 130 pledged delegates to be on track... and that was based on him *already being on track*. If this is close to 50:50, Clinton beats her targets yet again, and Sanders misses his, yet again. Sanders doesn't need to beat whatever the polls thought was going to happen. He needs to win enough delegates, and splitting any large state with Clinton... it doesn't do him any good.

Strong this. Remember, Bernie needs to win the remaining contests by an average of 56% to overcome Clinton. Is he going to do that in Florida? New York? California? Not a chance.

More than anything, I'm pissed off that Wayne County apparently literally makes you wait an hour between updates regarding where the votes are actually being reported from

PBY

Banned
Nate CohnVerified account
‏@Nate_Cohn
The updated exit poll gives Sanders a 1 point edge in Michigan.
9:52 PM - 8 Mar 2016

I too think Bernie has MI.

GG Bernie Bros. :)

If current margins in MS and MI hold, Hillary will increase her delegate lead by 15-18 delegates this evening.

@Nate_Cohn 47s47 seconds ago Washington, DC
The updated exit poll gives Sanders a 1 point edge in Michigan.

jJJHukc.gif

I too think Bernie has MI.

GG Bernie Bros. :)

If current margins in MS and MI hold, Hillary will increase her delegate lead by 15-18 delegates this evening.

I don't really understand Michigan. I thought the auto-bailout thing would really hurt Bernie, and Hillary's had a great week. ::shrug::

Yep.

Strong this. Remember, Bernie needs to win the remaining contests by an average of 56% to overcome Clinton. Is he going to do that in Florida? New York? California? Not a chance.

Probably not, but could he get 52% in CA and then, say, 62% in Oregon? It's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom