• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShOcKwAvE

Not only is Trump running against a formidable political opponent, he's running against someone who's already been through a presidential run and learned from past mistakes. I really believe her team is planning to take the high road all the way through November.

Hopefully.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Not only is Trump running against a formidable political opponent, he's running against someone who's already been through a presidential run and learned from past mistakes. I really believe her team is planning to take the high road all the way through November.

Hopefully.

Hillary is a policy wonk, frankly it's what I admire most about her.

She must have jumped for joy at that NY Daily News interview ;)

Bowdz

That would be the last-minute cram to end all crams

The debates are going to be so damn glorious.

Trump doesn't want to, or think he has to, do debate prep and Hillary can't get enough of debate prep. Trump is all overinflated persona, Clinton is wonk to the core. Trump is literally leaving the details until the end, Clinton has 170 some odd pages of official campaign platform. The contrast will be stark.

Clinton just needs to look calm and competent while Trump explodes looking like a complete lunatic and she'll rock them.

Trouble

Banned
The debates are going to be so damn glorious.

Trump doesn't want to, or think he has to, do debate prep and Hillary can't get enough of debate prep. Trump is all overinflated persona, Clinton is wonk to the core. Trump is literally leaving the details until the end, Clinton has 170 some odd pages of official campaign platform. The contrast will be stark.

Clinton just needs to look calm and competent while Trump explodes looking like a complete lunatic and she'll rock them.

After 11 hours of being grilled by a bunch of former prosecutors and not flinching, I'm not even worried about a debate with Trump.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
After 11 hours of being grilled by a bunch of former prosecutors and not flinching, I'm not even worried about a debate with Trump.

Yeah, that pretty much guarantees she won't lose her cool. Kinda impossible to have better prep, hehe.

Trump also fucking hated those debates and only had about fifteen minutes' worth of napalm in him before he got bored/tired/punchy. It's just that it was usually enough for that clown car.

Yep, I don't think Perez is mainly to shore up Latinos, it's to shore up the left. He won't hurt with Latinos, but speeches like this show why he'd be a good complement to Hillary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byV_O_6C0gU
I think they'd have good working chemistry together as well. Both legit policy wonks.

There's new noise from the NYT that Xavier Becerra is being considered for VP.

He'd be a solid pick. More than anything I'm happy that Castro is bring increasingly sidelined.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
But warren has name recognition which means she's an obvious olive branch to Sanderistas and I have to say she is being an amazing attack dog.

I think Perez would be great too-- loved him on real time--but you will have to get around the THATS NOT ELIZABETH WARREN thing.

It's kind of a Huelenical pick

But warren has name recognition which means she's an obvious olive branch to Sanderistas and I have to say she is being an amazing attack dog.

I think Perez would be great too-- loved him on real time--but you will have to get around the THATS NOT ELIZABETH WARREN thing.

She's a better attack dog than I thought she would be...but....sometimes she seems so devoid of personality it's just crazy. Don't get me wrong. I like her. I volunteered and donated for her...but still. Then again, I don't think Bernie has personality either other than EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE!!!1one!11eleven.

So, maybe I'm not the person they need to attract with an ultra progressive pick.

Holmes

Hopefully.
Hillary Clinton will take the high road on the campaign trail and in the debates. Her team, surrogates, and SuperPAC will probably hit Trump really hard and relentlessly.

ShOcKwAvE

Hillary Clinton will take the high road on the campaign trail and in the debates. Her team, surrogates, and SuperPAC will probably hit Trump really hard and relentlessly.

Agreed, I just meant she'll avoid a lot of confrontation and let him humiliate himself.

I still want there to be a SuperPac ad showing Trump while they play "He's got the whole world in his hands..." and he has tiny little baby hands....and....really, that's all I want. I should form a Pac.

ampere

Actually, drug crimes count for a very small portion of prisoners in the country. The best way to reduce incarceration in this country is probably to reduce gun crimes (this is the number one reason we put kids in jail. If a glock costed 40k instead of 3k, do you think we'd be seeing kids with them anymore?)

Cost, you mean bail?

Drug crimes on a state level are only about 16%, you're right, but that's still a lot of people! Just because it's not the primary issue doesn't mean reform from the federal government couldn't be beneficial.

Guns are a huge mess in general. I'd personally go as far as repealing the 2nd amendment and making it a big deal to buy a gun, but alas. I don't really have any realistic plan in mind.

The GOP is winning with abortion.

Depends on that pending SC case really, but for now you're right they are getting away with the ridiculous restrictions and reasons to close clinics.

DYING INTERNALLY

Even for Trump omg lol. "My plan is no plans until I get elected"

But too old. Need to groom a successor.

She can be an attack dog without being VP.

Obama's atacks would reach way more people and will come off better than any Hillary attack anyway.

Guy Cecil says a quarter to a third of PrioritiesUSA ads will be positive, so the rest would be negative against Trump. They may start going on the air earlier than June 8.

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/729786978485583872
Also, they won't be personal. Probably all professional and statements he's made. This is assuming Trump doesn't say something even more grotesque to clinton between now and the fall.

I still want there to be a SuperPac ad showing Trump while they play "He's got the whole world in his hands..." and he has tiny little baby hands....and....really, that's all I want. I should form a Pac.

I'm waiting for someone to subtly shop every new picture of Trump with his hands, like, 15% smaller and disseminate them across news feeds.

I'm waiting for someone to subtly shop every new picture of Trump with his hands, like, 15% smaller and disseminate them across news feeds.

3CpVvk9.gif

He's got the whole world in his hands,
He's got you and me Huma, in his hands,
He's got you and me Chelsea, in his hands,
He's got every little baby, in his hands
He's got the whole world in his hands.

ivysaur12

Banned
I would die if this got through by 2024:

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/t...for-health-care-public-option-medicare-buy-in

At a campaign stop Monday in Northern Virginia, Hillary Clinton reiterated her support for a government-run health plan in the insurance market, possibly by letting let Americans buy into Medicare, to stem the rise of health-care costs.

"I'm also in favor of what's called the public option, so that people can buy into Medicare at a certain age," the Democratic presidential front-runner said during a roundtable with local residents at the Mug'N Muffin coffee shop. "Which will take a lot of pressure off the costs."

While Clinton long has supported including a public option in the insurance market, her campaign said she was floating the idea of letting Americans not yet of retirement age buy into the Medicare system as one way of accomplishing that. She's also open to creating a separate government-run option on the Obamacare exchanges.

The idea of a government-run insurance option long has been favored by the liberal wing of the Democratic Party, but it was stripped from the final version of Obamacare legislation in the face of firm opposition by Republicans and the insurance industry.

Clinton has endorsed a public option on her website, though it seldom comes up on the campaign trail. She also discussed her proposal to ease the cutoff point for Affordable Care Act subsidies, which the law makes available to Americans making 400 percent of the federal poverty level.

She was responding to a question from a resident who complained that she's just above the cutoff level to enjoy subsidies on the Obamacare exchanges.

"There's just a cutoff, instead of what I'd like to see which is a kind of gradual diminishment. People shouldn't just—once they get to a certain income level shouldn't lose all their benefits," Clinton said. "That's something I'm looking at."

BanGy.nz

Banned
Obama's atacks would reach way more people and will come off better than any Hillary attack anyway.
Wouldn't you want Obama to stay above the fray as well? It would highlight Trumps temperamental deficiency and a clear sign that Hillary is his successor.
Also, they won't be personal. Probably all professional and statements he's made. This is assuming Trump doesn't say something even more grotesque to clinton between now and the fall.
Roger Stone has already made it clear that 'Hillary is a rape enabler' is their strategy to depress Clintons overwhelmingly advantage with woman. I expect Juanita Broaddrick and Trump will appear on stage together at some point.

If you make a PAC with the promise to produce said commercial and air it on national TV, I will donate.

Like, I just want any commercial that attacks his baby hands.

tbm24

I think the effect Perez would have being able to go on Spanish language media wouls create a much more solid level of support than picking Warren for the sake of appealing to Sanderistas who quite frankly I don't trust to stay engaged in the political process. My mother and.her 8 siblings would have a grand time talking politics all day, especially if Perez is the one spreading the information. That would spread to their 200 cousins.

Now that I think about it, I was a Troll Trump PAC that does nothing but troll him.

There's no way he'd be able to resist commenting on it all the time.

royalan

In Trump's warped mind, I can see how the "no policy" strategy makes sense. It got him this far. Got Bernie pretty far, too.

If the debates have been any indication, a lot of people don't have the attention spans for detailed, wonkish answers. Let's hope this isn't true of a general election audience.

I don't think it will cost her the election by any means. But I can see Hillary's reluctance to break things down in simple, plain language hurting her, at least in perception.

Clefargle

So is trumps strategy to avoid policy altogether and muddy the waters through personal attacks in a war of attrition designed to bring Clinton down to his level? What the shit?

Suikoguy

I want Sanders out there galvanizing his base in 2018, it might actually be possible if we can flip a couple of more seats. I'd also be asking for DWS to step down, her messaging at the 2014 midterms was a failure. She is not 100% to blame, but the leader rarely is. But then the purity bullshit rears it's ugly head again...

So is trumps strategy to avoid policy altogether and muddy the waters through personal attacks in a war of attrition designed to bring Clinton down to his level? What the shit?

Probably one of the worst strategies he could come up with if that's really it, lol.

I'm forming

PAC that Ass Up right now.

Plz send money.

Will you troll Ted Cruz, too? I'd pay for someone to follow him outside his home all the time and every single time he goes to the restroom, that person is there asking him for his birth certificate affirming he's male when entering the men's restroom.

There's an economic analysis saying Sanders' healthcare plan would cost double what he claims but really don't know if any of Sanders' plans need to discussed in depth right now.

Will you troll Ted Cruz, too? I'd pay for someone to follow him outside his home all the time and every single time he goes to the restroom, that person is there asking him for his birth certificate affirming he's male when entering the men's restroom.

Of course. I'll even throw in randomly air horning Jeb! for no reason other than I like to see him cry.

thcsquad

I'm forming

PAC that Ass Up right now.

Plz send money.

Take a page from Donald 'Baby Hands' Trump's playbook: if you make the name a direct reference, the media has to repeat your premise on any reference to the story.

Donald Trump has Baby Hands PAC

How do you even defend this, huelen. HE IS ABOUT NOTHING AND HE'S SAYING SO.
All about that executive order 66.

I'm not totally sold on Warren as VP but it would go a long ways towards mending fences between the Sanders and Clinton camps. Plus breaking both of those boundaries would be cool. Still would prefer Perez but I wouldn't be unhappy with Warren.

Although it would be hilarious if the fringe left turned its thing into "You thought Clinton being a secret Republican was bad, her VP was a FORMER Republican!"

royalan

I think Bernie is allowing his campaign to grow so extreme and drawn out that I think it'll now be a lot easier to peel off support once the primary is over.

The VP should definitely be used to groom the next up-an-coming.

Take a page from Donald 'Baby Hands' Trump's playbook: if you make the name a direct reference, the media has to repeat your premise on any reference to the story.

Donald Trump has Baby Hands PAC

I'd have gone with Baby Got PAC but that already exists.....and it supported Rubio. What a damn waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom