• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

Yooooo

Battleground bloodbath: Clinton leads Trump in 7 swing states

http://www.politico.com/blogs/swing...2016/06/clinton-trump-swing-state-poll-224923

CmHWkBXUoAAaiGD.jpg:large

Diablos

Yooooo

Battleground bloodbath: Clinton leads Trump in 7 swing states

http://www.politico.com/blogs/swing...2016/06/clinton-trump-swing-state-poll-224923
b-b-but PA is gonna flip

Why are so many poligaffers thinking that Pennsylvania is actually going to flip or be a close race

I do worry generally speaking that because Clinton is also a rather polarizing figure, that voters might just get turned off and vote Johnson or Stein, enough to have an impact on the electoral map if enough people would be inclined to vote that way

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
b-b-but PA is gonna flip

Why are so many poligaffers thinking that Pennsylvania is actually going to flip or be a close race

I do worry generally speaking that because Clinton is also a rather polarizing figure, that voters might just get turned off and vote Johnson or Stein neck, enough to have an impact on the electoral map if enough people would be inclined to vote that way

Brexit tanking the economy could flip it pretty quick, but I don't think that's realistic.

b-b-but PA is gonna flip

I do worry generally speaking that because Clinton is also a rather polarizing figure, that voters might just get turned off and vote Johnson or Stein, enough to have an impact on the electoral map if enough people would be inclined to vote that way
Because there are a lot of white people in Pennsylvania. It and Ohio are his best chances. Doesn't mean they're great but he has a shot. Just like there's a chance a lion will eat me for breakfast. It's not completely likely, but within the realm of possible.

* I was originally going to say bear, but then I realized that might work for me...

I grew up in Pennsyltucky and drove through there this week and there are way more hand drawn black paint on white plywood TRUMP 2016 signs than I thought I'd see.

NeoXChaos

The White House is weeks away from finalizing the convention speech that aides know will be Obama’s last big speech with the full political spotlight on him. Planning the fall campaign calendar is further off than that, with the needs of the Clinton campaign and Senate candidates still uncertain.
“It’s persuasion and turnout. He’s the guy who can do it,” said Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney, where Obama’s expected to spend a significant amount of time into the fall, though adding, “Don’t discount Bill either.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/obama-campaign-clinton-

Until his Farewell Address in January.

jmood88

I mean, you joke, but I feel like if she does get picked as Veep, that is effectively why. Watching the Ohio rally, you do feel pretty hyped for the ticket. Maybe what Warren adds to the equation is enthusiasm. That's something people are always saying team Clinton lacks right now. Plus, it does signal to the far left that Clinton will take their views seriously in a way. Whether that signaling is genuine or perceived as genuine, I have no idea, but yeah. I wasn't immediately taken with the idea at first, but this feels like a really good move. Especially given how insane Warren makes Trump.

I can't stand Hillary (I don't like Bernie, either) but I'll give her campaign money if she puts out some Elizabeth Warren merchandise for sale.

Iolo

Battleground State Ad Spending (In June)

Colorado: Team Clinton $2.9 million, Team Trump $0
Florida: Team Clinton $7.3 million, Team Trump $0
Iowa: Team Clinton $1.6 million, Team Trump $0
North Carolina: Team Clinton $2.3 million, Team Trump $0
New Hampshire: Team Clinton $1.2 million, Team Trump $0
Nevada: Team Clinton $2.5 million, Team Trump $0
Ohio: Team Clinton $5.6 million, Team Trump $0
Virginia: Team Clinton $2.4 million, Team Trump $0
Total: Team Clinton $25.8 million, Team Trump $0

Battleground State Ad Spending (To Date + Reserved Time)

Total Team Clinton: $140 million
Total Team Trump: $0

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/first-read-trump-vs-big-business-n600961

Paskil

Bernie will tepidly endorse Hillary on January 21, 2017. It should probably sink in at that point that he will not be the Democratic nominee. Well, at least until he tries to primary her in 2020.

royalan

Hillary has already given more than any previous winner of the primary process, despite winning by a large margin in every measure able sense. Why is it she always has to come crawling to Bernie?

Yep.

What more could he possibly want? They've already bent over backwards for him. You don't get the ENTIRE platform when you've lost.

His reasoning for staying in no longer makes sense. Anything to keep from admitting you lost, I guess.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Bernie will tepidly endorse Hillary on January 21, 2017. It should probably sink in at that point that he will not be the Democratic nominee. Well, at least until he tries to primary her in 2020.
Bernie's going to end up leading the anti-administration forces in the 2018 midterms under some foolish guise of trying to push Hillary further left.

Yep.

What more could he possibly want? They've already bent over backwards for him. You don't get the ENTIRE platform when you've lost.

His reasoning for staying in no longer makes sense. Anything to keep from admitting you lost, I guess.
Has she offered him the nomination yet? That might make him be quiet. Maybe.

Paskil

Bernie's going to end up leading the anti-administration forces in the 2018 midterms under some foolish guise of trying to push Hillary further left.

We need to keep him around because only Bernie can lead the revolution against the machines once Skynet is turned on.

Teggy

If Bernie does wind up endorsing and getting a speaking spot, it would't surprise me if he pulled a Christie 2012 and basically just talk about himself and not even mention Hillary.

Goddaaaamn those swing state polls.

I'm going to choose not to put too much stock into them out of caution, but if she really does lead by that much there's no way Portman, Toomey, Rubio etc outrun the top of the ballot enough to win.

Vahagn

Britain and America have a 5% unemployment rate and we're blaming the rising fascism in both countries on neo-liberalism and a "failed economy"?

what utter nonsense.

Emarv

Britain and America have a 5% unemployment rate and we're blaming the rising fascism in both countries on neo-liberalism and a "failed economy"?

what utter nonsense.
Yeah but numbers don't help me feel better, ya know? The only number I see is "Press 2 for Spanish" and that's a number I don't like!

Iolo

This doesn't seem like great news to be honest...he gets way too much support by just doing nothing.

Well, first, there is an absolute floor of support that is virtually impossible to crash through, probably in the low 40s. Second, it's not necessarily about polls right now, it's about establishing a narrative and a ceiling on the opponent; basically, what Obama did to Romney in 2012, and what Bush did to Kerry in 2004. It's made worse when the opponent continues to reinforce this narrative.

In short, you don't win a war by bombing planes on the runway, but you gain a decisive advantage. We don't know what will happen, but zero opposition ads at a critical time while opinions are beginning to harden is as much as you could ask for.

tl;dr: ads : ice cream :: opinions : magic shell

Emarv

I agree that some of those battleground numbers are too high and the Party ID might be slightly skeweed, but even things like Trump's -3 with white women have me optimistic. Even if those numbers aren't spot on, the trends they're showing are fascinating.

Emarv

Lol at 1% of AA vote. "Look at my African American" indeed, Trump.

The Hispanic spread makes me sad and reiterates what I keep saying: just voting against Trump isn't enough to get Hispanics, much less motivated to get registered and show up.

Edit: I guess I should calm down and note that 33% of Latinos still seems too close and that as we've seen this election , Latinos are really hard to poll accurately.

Youth trends bode well. Especially once Warren and Obama get in gear.

Q poll internals

Men: Trump 47-34
Women: Clinton 50-33

White: DT 47-34
Black: HC 91-1
Hispanic: HC 50-33

18-34: HC 48-23
>65: DT 51-35

I remember when America, which has not yet begun to suffer much at all from inequality, elected Ronald Reagan, who became famous in politics for opposing the Civil Rights Act.

It's almost like racism doesn't have to come from neoliberalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom