• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Lol, Republicans wasted $7 million to exonerate Hillary. Could've funded three Mighty No. 9 games for that kinda scratch..

True, that would have been better than nothing.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
This is a good article on why a party full of con-artists can't stop a con-artist:

Cain, Gingrich, and Huckabee all proved that running for president could in fact be what Trump thought it was: a money-making enterprise that gave you access to a nearly unlimited supply of rubes to buy your products.

https://newrepublic.com/article/134667/conservatives-groomed-perfect-suckers-trumps-epic-scam

I've been arguing that for a while now. Trump is not trying to get a temporary boost in publicity like he was back during the birth certificate shit many years ago. He seems to be in this for the long haul, and has been trying to cultivate a permanent following of right-wing nitwits that will support him financially for the rest of his life.

Hugh Hewitt @hughhewitt

If @realDonaldTrump names Gen James Mattis as SecDef designate, he'll at least draw even w/@HillaryClinton Name @TomCottonAR VP, he's ahead

Hugh Hewitt living in the bubble within the bubble, ladies and gentlemen.

smurfx

get some go again
This is a good article on why a party full of con-artists can't stop a con-artist:

https://newrepublic.com/article/134667/conservatives-groomed-perfect-suckers-trumps-epic-scam

I've been arguing that for a while now. Trump is not trying to get a temporary boost in publicity like he was back during the birth certificate shit many years ago. He seems to be in this for the long haul, and has been trying to cultivate a permanent following of right-wing nitwits that will support him financially for the rest of his life.
what is he going to sell though? books? he's likely going to lose a lot of money when he is through with his campaign. neither of those guys had big established businesses that are currently losing money thanks to their owners toxic image.

Holmes

Trump: I'll name James Mattis as Secretary of Defense.

America:

giphy.gif

NYC primary update

So, here in NYC, Congressman Jerrold Nadler, ranked as the 16th most progressive member of Congress with a 95% ProgressivePunch score, is facing a primary challenge tomorrow.

His challenger is a 30-year-old, openly gay, Orthodox Jewish political neophyte, Oliver Rosenberg, who was a Republican until very recently and switched parties to challenge Nadler for no discernible reason other than that Rosenberg is a Likudnik with an axe to grind over Nadler's support for the Iran deal last year.

The debate they had this morning is, um, really something.

Unofficial Results as of now:

Name Party Votes Percentage
1 JERROLD L. NADLER Democratic 21945 88.60 %

2 MIKHAIL OLIVER ROSENBERG Democratic 2620 10.58 %

And there was a dude running as a Berniecrat (I got a facebook ad for him lol he came in third)

1 YUNGMAN F. LEE Democratic 4145 27.41 %

2 JEFFREY M. KURZON Democratic 1522 10.06 %

3 NYDIA M. VELAZQUEZ Democratic 9384 62.05 %

4 WRITE-IN 72 0.48 %

Good luck with the revolution (Also why is it always white dudes who are challenging women and especially women of color?) And bernie's people can't win LES/Williamsburg/Bushwick hipsters. Sad!

and Rangles old seat is super close with Espaillat leading Wright right now

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

Oblivion

what is he going to sell though? books? he's likely going to lose a lot of money when he is through with his campaign. neither of those guys had big established businesses that are currently losing money thanks to their owners toxic image.

Yes. Books, among other things like creating his own Right-wing channel (which he does plan on doing, calling it, unsurprisingly, "Trump T.V.") go on speaking tours and right-wing conventions, hawking all kinds of Republican paraphernalia, etc. Basically doing everything Palin has done since 2009, except presumably much better.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
NYC primary update

Unofficial Results as of now:

Name Party Votes Percentage
1 JERROLD L. NADLER Democratic 21945 88.60 %

2 MIKHAIL OLIVER ROSENBERG Democratic 2620 10.58 %

And there was a dude running as a Berniecrat (I got a facebook ad for him lol he came in third)

1 YUNGMAN F. LEE Democratic 4145 27.41 %

2 JEFFREY M. KURZON Democratic 1522 10.06 %

3 NYDIA M. VELAZQUEZ Democratic 9384 62.05 %

4 WRITE-IN 72 0.48 %

Good luck with the revolution (Also why is it always white dudes who are challenging women and especially women of color?) And bernie's people can't win LES/Williamsburg/Bushwick hipsters. Sad!

and Rangles old seat is super close with Espaillat leading Wright right now

Did anyone really think Nadler was going to lose? The only interesting race is probably the NY3rd.

Oblivion

And considering Trump's pissed off a ton of his former partners and affiliates, and that his name alone will be toxic to at least half the country, he'll have to rely on conservative rubes more than ever.

hawk2025

He can transition smoothly into a racist "pundit" with his own TV network now that the built-in audience has been captured, and give his kids the current crop of businesses.

Truly an inspiring story of the american dream.

Holmes

Eric Kingson, the Democrat that Sanders went to Syracuse to campaign for a few days ago, has lost the primary to Collean Deacon, a former Gillibrand aide.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
1 JON KAIMAN Democratic 804 22.62 %

2 STEVE STERN Democratic 323 9.09 %

3 JONATHAN C. CLARKE Democratic 158 4.44 %

4 THOMAS R. SUOZZI Democratic 1511 42.50 %

5 ANNA KAPLAN Democratic 751 21.13 %

6 WRITE-IN 8 0.23 %

Your a little behind, Stren has a pretty good lead.

EDIT: And now Suozzi does.

Eric Kingson, the Democrat that Sanders went to Syracuse to campaign for a few days ago, has lost the primary to Collean Deacon, a former Gillibrand aide.

Well, yea. Who didn't see that coming? Of course Gillibrand has more pull in NY than Bernie.

smurfx

get some go again
He can transition smoothly into a racist "pundit" with his own TV network now that the built-in audience has been captured, and give his kids the current crop of businesses.

Truly an inspiring story of the american dream.
i don't see these people abandoning fox news for trump tv. i doubt many companies would even carry the channel. if it ends up being some online tv channel then it will fail.

dramatis

Votes in. I'm in Nassau county, which means polls opened at 6am. While there was three stations the one I used, that's been open since 6am, had a total of seven votes including mine.

Pssst, People my age who think votes don't matter. All those elections you skip, the small ones like local and congressional primaries, or the yearly local elections and ballot measures, are when your vote matters most.

NYC primary update
Thank gerd

I was working polls again today and there were a whopping 11 people who voted at the election district I manned. Nobody was young; I think the youngest that voted was 53 years old.

I thought that this kind of abysmal turnout would be bad for Nadler.

Yeah, it's pretty sad that not a single young person at my poll site, not even my ED, voted today.

itschris

So is this what Sanders wants to do with his time from now on? Stumping for underdog primary candidates who usually end up losing, even with his support?

Oblivion

John Feery is in that bubble too. His Trump spin on Hardball is hilariously bad.

Feehery's doing that? He's a Republican, but he's generally not that bad.

i don't see these people abandoning fox news for trump tv. i doubt many companies would even carry the channel. if it ends up being some online tv channel then it will fail.

Trump T.V. will be a channel for people who thinks Fox is too liberal. Look at how successful Breitbart has become.

Thank gerd

I was working polls again today and there were a whopping 11 people who voted at the election district I manned. Nobody was young; I think the youngest that voted was 53 years old.

Yeah, it's pretty sad that not a single young person at my poll site, not even my ED, voted today.

Its bullshit they're wasting so much money for three primaries. I can understand two but there is no need for this one. Have one in August

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

This would make more sense to me without his (now forgiven?) $46m loan, because that seems like a tall order to make up in post-campaign scams, alongside the other damages this campaign is doing to his current businesses. Especially if it involves trying to launch some kind of conservative news outfit, even on other investors' dimes. As other articles have noted, even heavyweights like Oprah have struggled to launch TV networks, and she has way more friends than Trump.

I guess funneling campaign spending back into his associated business ventures helps a bit. Plus, I suppose this shoddy business plan would be perfectly fitting in with Trump's history.

Wilsongt

Now that the Ben. G. Hazi Clinton Foundation checks have cashed and cleared her of any wrong doing, I except the FBI's checks to be deposited and cashed soon so that the e-mail investigation is closed.

Thank gerd

It turns out that most American Jews aren't actually single-issue Israel voters, and that the Democratic Party is more popular with them than Likud.

This would make more sense to me without his (now forgiven?) $46m loan, because that seems like a tall order to make up in post-campaign scams, alongside the other damages this campaign is doing to his current businesses. Especially if it involves trying to launch some kind of conservative news outfit, even on other investors' dimes. As other articles have noted, even heavyweights like Oprah have struggled to launch TV networks, and she has way more friends than Trump.

I guess funneling campaign spending back into his associated business ventures helps a bit. Plus, I suppose this shoddy business plan would be perfectly fitting in with Trump's history.

His business model is all sizzle and no substance. He trades on his name alone. If he starts a network it'll be one of many licensing deals he signs. The amount of time/effort it would take to create a true Trump Network would take away from his other scams.

Oblivion

Like I said above, Trump has poisoned the well, and his brand name is toxic to all but the most openly right-wing of businesses. He has only one segment left that he still market to that will happily swallow his shit no matter what.

It looks like Trump will forgo getting any donations. The speech itself is pretty anti-GOP. One of the GOPs main bread and butter is furthering business interests, and Trump pretty much crapped all on that. He is just making it even harder to get the officials and donors to support him.

He is pretty narcissistic enough to think he can try to court the rest of the party and I bet that his campaign thinks so to. While, at the same time shitting on the party and screwing with their agenda. Either Trump will keep playing the GOP until the election or Trump will give up getting support from the party and sole focus on grassroots organization and gaining support just from voters. He might also try to get anti-trade liberals on his side.

Diablos

The RNC will have great ratings, no?

It's perfect for people who don't care about politics to watch what they normally wouldn't.

Zona

700,000+ people in the 3rd congressional district and it's looking like we'll end up with less then 20k votes.

Amazing.

Suozzi better win it in November. I really don't see anyone with a D behind their name losing it this year, but I guess this will be what I Diablos over.

The RNC will have great ratings, no?

It's perfect for people who don't care about politics to watch what they normally wouldn't.

Oh, I'm watching. Every minute. Since I got a clean bill of health, and should be good to go, I'm going to watch it shit faced....but I'ma watch it.

Where's Tom Brady on the list? He'd better be there or I'm not watching.
I'm watching anyway. Drunk. Also, fuck the Patriots.

This guy gets it.

So, the guy who is running for Congress in my district (who has no chance in hell of winning, to be fair) is actually using the phrase " We are being represented by AmeriCAN'Ts. It is time that we are represented by AmeriCANs" unironically.

: sigh :

Everything about his campaign is sad. And I feel sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom