• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think that the Democratic Party is better with both the technocrat and populist wings having a say. Not just because I myself see the value in both. If they swung too much to one end either the Libertarian or Green parties would be able to pick off more people from the other end.

Agreed. I think one of the worse arguments that it won't be Warren is that she's from a different wing of the party than Clinton. Choosing a nominee in part for ideological balance is a common thing.

Iolo

a8ATmsg.png

^trump

Bill, yet again, with the unforced errors.

Even if Hillary wins. I'm incredibly concerned about what he will do during the course of HIllary's presidency.

I just can't help but feel he's going to fuck us again.

edit: I really should have added the word "over" in there somewhere

Woman asks Trump to get rid of all of the "hibijabis" at the TSA.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/kXLqCyJAE5k

I know this term is tossed around but I have no respect for Trump voters. Why don't you say what you want to say you racist prick (e.g. "Why don't we get rid of all Muslims working for the TSA?"). I cannot wait for Hillary to win, for a liberal Supreme Court, and these old white racists to fade away into obscurity where they belong.

On a sidenote, as somebody who has worked as a VA, there isn't a lot of love for Trump in my anecdotes. These people who claim to speak for veterans are a crock- the last thing a lot of my patients would want is to work at the friggin TSA.

You guys need to stop morning joeing and 24/7 news mediaing. No one cares about bill doing anything. There were at least five OMG bill!!!! Moments during the primary and they all registered precisely 0 with anyone.

The meeting happened on like Tuesday and y'all are just catching on now

JFC this. I was so confused, I saw a fairly benign article about it in the Post this morning and was wondering why everyone suddenly shit their pants about it in here just now.

This Bill/Lynch meeting is a stupid thing to be worried about. Stop it. The conspiracy is gonna blame it on Obama. It's already written. This ain't gonna make a difference.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Rush Limbaugh was frothing over it this morning.

Lmao, I love the right's meltdown over the Bill/Loretta meeting. U mad brah? Come at us.
And this is why, despite the incredibly bad optics, nothing will come of this. The right can't help themselves whenever there's a negative Clinton story. They insist that it's the most egregious offense in history every time, and then repeat it ad nauseum until no one cares anymore.

I think my "ban Bill" belief still stands, though. Only allow him out from his sex dungeon when you need him.
Do we ever let James Carville out from the same dungeon? Because if Robert Mook doesn't work out I want to see him crouching under kitchen sinks again.

Also, after being stuck at the auto shop for a state safety inspection, I'm starting to see Benji's side of things. Goddamn nanny state, trying to tell me when and where I need to have working blinkers.

Bill saw Loretta at an airport and decided to say hello. This is a non-story. Stop it, people.

And before anyone says "Why would you meet with someone who is on the other side and may be investigating you or whatever," you must have never talked to a lawyer/judge in your life.

Shit, lawyers on opposing councils will go out to lunch/dinner all the time. And with the judges.

It's a nothingburger like all the others.

And this is why, despite the incredibly bad optics, nothing will come of this. The right can't help themselves whenever there's a negative Clinton story. They insist that it's the most egregious offense in history every time, and then repeat it ad nauseum until no one cares anymore.

Right.. But he should have known how it would look.

Farmboy

Mmm. I actually liked Brown. Blair was eh. Milibrand was horrible and now Corbyn is just the worst. Labour needs someone competent who can excite people.

Exactly. Dump Corbyn -> Get gud -> Win the election -> Save Britain.

I'd take the other Miliband, at this point.

My father: "There's a better chance Bill was setting up a future booty call than there was actual legal influence."

I agreed. This of course doesn't excuse it! It just explains it better. Bill, you idiot.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
The right can't help themselves whenever there's a negative Clinton story. They insist that it's the most egregious offense in history every time, and then repeat it ad nauseum until no one cares anymore.

They are making the same mistake as they did with Obama. EVERYTHING he ever did or does is so terrible that when it comes time to criticize him on "real" issues it's just background noise.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Right.. But he should have known how it would look.
Oh, I agree it was a very stupid move, but the Republicans are going to scream so loud about it, no one is going to keep listening.

They are making the same mistake as they did with Obama. EVERYTHING he ever did or does is so terrible that when it comes time to criticize him on "real" issues it's just background noise.
Exactly.

GutsOfThor

Reading through this thread and seeing what some of you have to go through with your parents makes me very happy that I have liberal parents. Both my mom and dad love Hillary and loath trump so much so that for my mother's birthday in August, she bought a trump pinanta and is having her friends and family that hate trump come over to beat it lol.

itschris

The new conspiracy is that this was planned to make Loretta Lynch look bad enough to force her to resign, thus delaying the indictment until after the election! Since of course, her replacement will need time to be brought up to speed.

Iolo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...fa3ecc-3eef-11e6-84e8-1580c7db5275_story.html

So Gingrich is being vetted after all. The question is, is this just a smokescreen, like most leaked vetting picks. I still think it's a smokescreen on the Democratic side as well for what it is worth.

The contenders under the most serious consideration, such as Gingrich and Christie, have been asked by attorney Arthur B. Culvahouse Jr. to answer more than 100 questions and to provide reams of personal and professional files that include tax records and any article or book they have published.

Question one: who is your daddy? Correct answer is "Trump daddy".

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Bill saw Loretta at an airport and decided to say hello. This is a non-story. Stop it, people.

And before anyone says "Why would you meet with someone who is on the other side and may be investigating you or whatever," you must have never talked to a lawyer/judge in your life.

Shit, lawyers on opposing councils will go out to lunch/dinner all the time. And with the judges.

It's a nothingburger like all the others.

Bingo.

What do you guys expect Lynch to do? Flee in terror when Bill came up to her?

Teggy

I still think Trump will pick a woman. Which one I have no idea.

Pulled this off Facebook. It was written by an R. Eric Thomas about the shot of Obama and the 2 other world leaders walking through the doorway with the Mounties. Thought some of you (Adam) might enjoy it.

Whoever took this photo deserves a GD Pulitzer Prize. We may be two minutes from doomsday but thank the Lordt we still live in a universe where three world leaders can strut into a room like they're the new interracial male cast of Sex and the City. Like I have ALREADY prepurchased tickets to this film. Out here in these streets looking like Career Day Ken. Looking like Destiny's DILF. Looking like the Alternate Universe version of our Current Political Universe. Looking like Tom Ford presents The Avengers. How you going to be one of the leaders of the "free" world and still stalk the runway, killing all our faves? The only thing that would make it better is if they were pounding through a pool of water like Bey-sus on the BET Awards. Why do any of us walk on land anymore, tbh? YES YOU BETTA SALUTE YOU MOUNTIES! Pledge allegiance to this day drag! Based solely on this photo all three of them were just declared the first non-drag winners of RuPaul's Drag Race. Happy Heterosexual Pride Day, y'all. And look at Obama's smile! Don't try to tell me that man isn't angling for the lead in a Rihanna's next music video. Drake wishes he was this happy. And Drake is so happy. Oh my God. I need to sit down. I'm getting light-headed.

[Edit: unclear if the photographer is Kevin Lamarque or Stephen Crowley--it's credited to Reuters. So... Give them both the Pultizer.]

LOL Cenk trying to downplay Nate. That MSM media again.

Yeah, this happened in the 538 general election prediction thread in OT too; lots of concern trolling - "geez, I really want to believe this model, but ya know... Trump... Michigan" - mostly by people who were unapologetic Bernie supporters who have had an axe to grind on Nate's head for months.

Nate acted like a pundit with Trump and screwed up, but he called Sanders' trajectory quite well during the primaries.

You guys need to stop morning joeing and 24/7 news mediaing. No one cares about bill doing anything. There were at least five OMG bill!!!! Moments during the primary and they all registered precisely 0 with anyone.

The meeting happened on like Tuesday and y'all are just catching on now
Y2kev spiting truth.

Turn off cable. Improve your health.

itschris

Washington Post: How Bernie Sanders missed his moment

Sanders’s performance during the presidential nominating process gave him leverage with Hillary Clinton, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, who has wanted Sanders’s enthusiastic endorsement for weeks.

But instead of using that leverage when it was at its peak, Sanders bungled the greatest political opportunity he will ever have. Instead of getting on board with the Clinton campaign, the former mayor of Burlington, Vt., and current member of Congress hesitated, resisted, dithered and shilly-shallied.

Apparently, getting five Sanders supporters on the Democratic National Committee’s platform committee wasn’t enough for the senator from Vermont. He still wants more. Of course, he always wants more. Whether it is ego, vanity or simply a political miscalculation, Sanders has over-read his mandate.

What Sanders doesn’t seem to understand is that Clinton won the Democratic nomination. She did that by getting more votes than he did.

Sanders pushed his agenda for months, contrasting his priorities and values with Clinton’s. Yet Democratic voters gave her more votes and more delegates. Now, Sanders is fighting for a platform that Clinton must run on. In other words, he is trying to win through the platform what he couldn’t at the polls.

Sanders is not yet irrelevant. But he is moving in that direction. The longer he delays endorsing Clinton, the pettier and smaller he seems. In fact, he reached a point weeks ago when his stubbornness became counterproductive.

Like the professional athlete who has arrived at the end of the line, his skills having deteriorated and his reputation sinking because he insists on suiting up for yet another season, Sanders increasingly is a man in denial.

Delaying a full-throated endorsement of Clinton until delegates arrive in Philadelphia won’t make Sanders more influential. It will merely make him look irrelevant and delusional.

Whether he realizes it or not, his moment has already passed.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

digdug2k

Its always weird after the primaries to realize that in a few short months no one will remember any of the losers or the drama.

fauxtrot

Banned
If your name is not on the list tell me. You have till tomorrow night to be on it. Your choice is FINAL once I submit it.

Clinton -- Warren
Trump -- Sessions

So true... Bernie could have had a hell of a lot of bargaining power if he'd have endorsed Clinton at a calculated time when it was obvious her lead over Trump was only going to widen and Sanders supporters were beginning to shrug their shoulders and side with Clinton anyway. Dude could have made it look like he was delivering her the ability to crush Trump, and playing nicer would have likely gotten him more concessions regarding the direction of the party and his future position in it. Sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom