• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Washington Post: Obama and Sanders battle over TPP and the Democratic platform

Interesting - that wasn't known before about the Obama-Sanders meeting, right?

I was interested to read this article yesterday because it's amazing how much Democratic support for TPP has evaporated.

If Obama gets TPP passed it will be in the lame duck on GOP votes. I honestly don't believe that Hillary really opposed it so I assume there was always a deal to push it through in the lame duck, but man. It would be amazing if TPP ended up dead after all this work. Not to mention the EU situation going on at the same time!

I still have to say I'm tentatively in support of it because globalization is good, world governments are good, etc. But maybe I'm wrong here. Maybe it's just too messy of an agreement with too many parts.

I was interested to read this article yesterday because it's amazing how much Democratic support for TPP has evaporated.

If Obama gets TPP passed it will be in the lame duck on GOP votes. I honestly don't believe that Hillary really opposed it so I assume there was always a deal to push it through in the lame duck, but man. It would be amazing if TPP ended up dead after all this work. Not to mention the EU situation going on at the same time!

I still have to say I'm tentatively in support of it because globalization is good, world governments are good, etc. But maybe I'm wrong here. Maybe it's just too messy of an agreement with too many parts.

Maddow was playing a clip of 08 debates. They both were anti-trade. Its a common theme in democratic campaigns.

People give lip service to keeping jobs here but they know these forces are overwhelming and irreversible and we need these deals to protect the US economy.

Its a unpopular policy that's good policy

Iolo

kfiYMcf.jpg

I couldn't find a gif.

I'm passively supporting TPP for similar globalization reasons, but also because it'll make the Chinese behave a bit better over time. There's some internet-related law in there, too, which is an area the entire globe has been soooo far behind on.

Would be okay with a lame duck GOP passing. We'd probably never hear about it again after that. Actually, now that I think about it, the fact that Sanders and Trump are both terrified of TPP is a reason I've warmed up to it a bit more. There must be some good in it if both these politicians I'm sick of are so furious!

There are a lot of messy things wrong with TPP but that's going to happen when you have so many moving parts and the fact that its a trade agreement. To be fair I feel like Obama failed in galvanizing a movement to support it and before his speech yesterday felt somewhat like he was tepidly endorsing it.

Not at all. Pennsylvania has moved to the right in last 4-5 elections. Nate, Wasserman, Enten all believe it will be more competitive than Colorado or Nevada this week.

And Plouffe disagrees and warned about falling for the trap of thinking that PA is a swing state. I mean, look at the polls so far. He hasn't lead one and her lead is pretty sizable. There haven't been any signs yet that this is a state Trump could win.

HylianTom

Banned
And Plouffe disagrees and warned about falling for the trap of thinking that PA is a swing state. I mean, look at the polls so far. He hasn't lead one and her lead is pretty sizable. There haven't been any signs yet that this is a state Trump could win.
I'd be more likely to take claims about PA being vulnerable seriously.. if Trump had an operation there. But he's basically gifting Hillary little bits of margin from state to state by not building a proper campaign machine.

Emarv

I love this growing argument that "Look how competitive Trump is without ads or infrastructure! He hasn't even begun to fight yet!"

It's like, bro, this aint like cramming for finals at the last minute. That's not how you win.

Diablos

Don't you people understand that when Philly votes it's basically over? Pittsburgh, Philly, and the counties around Philly always deliver.

The western part of the state outside Allegheny county is solid red but the population is dwarfed by the "blue wall" of counties I referred to.

If I'm not Diablosing you shouldn't be either

Was just at city hall and they had CNN on with fuckwit complaining about the military allowing trans solders to serve openly. He was saying it shows Obama admin was not serious on ISIS and should've been delayed until ISIS is defeated.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It'll wind up doing a lot of good for a lot of people, but it's also far from perfect and there's stuff in there that I do not like at all. Odds are in the long term it will be a net good that will help far more people than it hurts, but we should have some reservations about some provisions in there.

Guys, Mika is back on the market.

Eh, a 23-year age gap is a bit much for me.

Seriously though, it sucks when a long relationship ends. That shit is rough.

Obviously there's something wrong with him mentally, whether it's sleep deprivation or dementia, likely a cocktail of disorders. He's in over his head, and these things are going to present some real wtf moments. He needs to go home, log off of his sites and just watch the shows for a few years, get some rest. He's past the point of no return, but I can imagine his family attempting to step in and put an end to this thing. Mark Cuban said we're watching him get stupider in front of our eyes, but I think it's more a case of whatever is wrong with him worsening.

Teggy

Benjy Sarlin ‏@BenjySarlin 12m12 minutes ago
This Trump speech feels different. Like a low energy version of his primary stump speech + a bunch of new statistics + weird Mexico joke.

That's gotta sting.

User1608

Banned
I dunno how I ended up on Team Kaine on the list but whatever. Gonna love it when Elizabeth Warren is the running mate of Hillary!

Also watch out folks I'm coming for you in my plane.

To all the people who chose Kaine 3 days ago, AKA

NeoXChaos
HylianTom
Cesare Borgia
Crayons
Plinko
pigeon
Aaron Strife
chiym1992
Y2Kev
Alcander
TheLostBigBoss
Frank the Great
Farmboy
Box of Kittens
Brinbe
thebloo
HylianHistorian
Grexeno
Aceun
whyamihere
Tubie
Bronx-Man
studyguy
Shalashaska161
HK-47
Necrovex
Veritigo_X
GutsOfThor
Renji_11

Aaaaaaaahahahahahhaha you all already lost! Hilarious.

studyguy

Hey guys, Clinton finally won California.

F R
O
D

To all the people who chose Kaine 3 days ago, AKA

NeoXChaos
HylianTom
Cesare Borgia
Crayons
Plinko
pigeon
Aaron Strife
chiym1992
Y2Kev
Alcander
TheLostBigBoss
Frank the Great
Farmboy
Box of Kittens
Brinbe
thebloo
HylianHistorian
Grexeno
Aceun
whyamihere
Tubie
Bronx-Man
studyguy
Shalashaska161
HK-47
Necrovex
Veritigo_X
GutsOfThor
Renji_11

Aaaaaaaahahahahahhaha you all already lost! Hilarious.

Did I say Tim Kaine?
I clearly meant Herman Cain. >.>
The only way to win this game is not play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom