• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nate Silver said:
Newt Gingrich had a ~25% favorable rating and ~60% unfavorable rating when pollsters last asked about him in 2012. Almost as bad as Trump.

Please, please, please pick Newt, Trump!

NeoXChaos

We dont know that Kaine is out of the running based off some Politico story. Its also highly unlikely Warren gets picked but its 40 people deep despite the stories on her.

If it wasnt for that Politco story you'd all still be Kaine train.

johnsmith

remember me
oh man this is great. This is some good avatar fodder too.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1481488007/?tag=neogaf0e-20

71MMIBeUxHL.jpg

81ktCSe8l5L.jpg

81myEOxJwLL.jpg

81Je8FPVj7L.jpg

If your name is not on the list tell me. You have till tomorrow night to be on it. Your choice is FINAL once I submit it.
Clinton: Warren
Trump: Christie

I'm split on Trump between Gingrich and Christie, but I think Christie has been kissing up to him better. I feel like Warren is pretty much a lock for Hillary at this point.

It doesn't matter if they're both hated. Newt already pointed out something very keen about Trump, which is that he's not going to think about this until two days before the convention. And when he does, the only question on his mind is going to be "who is most qualified and most in line with my thinking to be on board?" The answer is Newt Gingrich. Newt and Trump have been friends for a long time. The fact is that Trump relates more to slimy Newt than he does some fucking heehaw from Alabama.

BanGy.nz

Banned
If your name is not on the list tell me. You have till tomorrow night to be on it. Your choice is FINAL once I submit it.

Bronx-Man (Currently banned because he dank meme'd too close to the sun) told us who he wanted to vote for weeks ago, we're terrible and all forgot. Can he get a possible extension until we find him?

fauxtrot

Banned
Please, please, please pick Newt, Trump!

Imagine a scenario where Trump picks someone for VP and the Democrats / media start talking about how the VP has higher favorability ratings and is more fit to be president, causing Trump to turn on his own VP pick. I'm salivating.

This honest doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to orchestrate... look at how easily people have found Trump's buttons and he just can't control himself when they're pushed.

Also, after being stuck at the auto shop for a state safety inspection, I'm starting to see Benji's side of things. Goddamn nanny state, trying to tell me when and where I need to have working blinkers.

MS got rid of its inspection requirement
after an investigative journalist found that over half of the state legislature had expired inspection papers. Instead of updating their own records, they just eliminated the practice.

Emarv

I'm still on the Kaine train.

It's my Sessions pick that I'm more worried about now.

Yeah, I'm worried about my Sessions choice too. I had hoped Manafort was smarter than putting known losers like Gringrich and Christie on the ticket.

NeoXChaos

The next PoliGAF game after Veepstakes is going to be the Electoral College Map Sweepstakes.

What's a fair cutoff date for map submissions?

Nobody cares enough about Birdie whoever to form an unfavourable view. Let alone poll for it. It's like you having an unfavourable view of my grandpa. You don't know him. Also he's already dead.

What did Poopyshitshow say that makes Kaine unlikely now? I have been busy laughing at British stupidity.
He received $160,000 in gifts from various sources. While legal in PA it might look bad if Hillary picks someone who looks corrupt. While I don't think it necessarily eliminates him, she'd be a little stupid in picking him with this anti-establishment trend going on.

johnsmith

remember me
So Tim Kaine gets a few gifts and he's disqualified for vp but Hillary Clinton gets millions from Wall Street and Saudi Arabia and she's good to be president? How is that fair?

/s

Brian said:
Donald Trump’s campaign has begun formally vetting possible running mates, with former House speaker Newt Gingrich emerging as the leading candidate followed by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. But there are more than a half-dozen others being discussed as possibilities, according to several people with knowledge of the process.
Oh, would you look at this! And just like that, we have a giant list of losers:

Jeff Sessions:
IggyChooChoo
Plinko
B-Dubs
eBay Huckster
itschris
Paskil
adam387
Ondore
euphemism
Brinbe