• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is now tweeting results from subsets in the polls to show he's "winning"
pPf8vtg.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Greenwald and Billmon are now fighting with Brianna Wu on Twitter, thus completing Jacobin-twitter's descent into GamerGate.

I for one am shocked that there's misogyny in Jacobin-twitter. And of course he's now accusing the people of calling him out on it of being homophobic.

Greenwald and Billmon are now fighting with Brianna Wu on Twitter, thus completing Jacobin-twitter's descent into GamerGate.

Here's the tweet that got The Intercept and Jacobin so fucking mad.

CmYfLJvWEAEONjO.jpg

Honestly, though, Dr. "Hillary Clinton is a shitty mother" Jill "Obama committed treason with TPP" Stein is a terrible candidate and anyone voting for her is pretty stupid.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Honestly I'm relatively hopeful that Stein's idiocy is so evident that even hardcore Bernie supporters are looking at her and going "wait...what?"

Honestly I'm relatively hopeful that Stein's idiocy is so evident that even hardcore Bernie supporters are looking at her and going "wait...what?"

Jill Stein is so ethical that she's willing to stand up to... well, not Reddit anti-Vaxxers that she desperately needs because no one other than insane people would vote for her so Jill will rant about Big Pharma and their measles vaccines when asked about autism, BUT... Jill Stein will stand up for what's right.

Jill Stein, Make America Infested With the Measles Again.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Jill Stein is so ethical that she's willing to stand up to... well, not Reddit anti-Vaxxers that she desperately needs because no one other than insane people would vote for her so Jill will rant about Big Pharma and their measles vaccines when asked about autism, BUT... Jill Stein will stand up for what's right.

Jill Stein, Make America Infested With the Measles Again.

Dr. Jill Stein: The Polio Candidate

Dr. Jill Stein's cowardice here is just so legendary.

I don't know if we have an "official" stance, but I can tell you my personal stance at this point. According to the most recent review of vaccination policies across the globe, mandatory vaccination that doesn't allow for medical exemptions is practically unheard of. In most countries, people trust their regulatory agencies and have very high rates of vaccination through voluntary programs. In the US, however, regulatory agencies are routinely packed with corporate lobbyists and CEOs. So the foxes are guarding the chicken coop as usual in the US. So who wouldn't be skeptical? I think dropping vaccinations rates that can and must be fixed in order to get at the vaccination issue: the widespread distrust of the medical-indsutrial complex.

Vaccines in general have made a huge contribution to public health. Reducing or eliminating devastating diseases like small pox and polio. In Canada, where I happen to have some numbers, hundreds of annual death from measles and whooping cough were eliminated after vaccines were introduced. Still, vaccines should be treated like any medical procedure--each one needs to be tested and regulated by parties that do not have a financial interest in them. In an age when industry lobbyists and CEOs are routinely appointed to key regulatory positions through the notorious revolving door, its no wonder many Americans don't trust the FDA to be an unbiased source of sound advice. A Monsanto lobbyists and CEO like Michael Taylor, former high-ranking DEA official, should not decide what food is safe for you to eat. Same goes for vaccines and pharmaceuticals. We need to take the corporate influence out of government so people will trust our health authorities, and the rest of the government for that matter. End the revolving door. Appoint qualified professionals without a financial interest in the product being regulated. Create public funding of elections to stop the buying of elections by corporations and the super-rich.

For homeopathy, just because something is untested doesn't mean it's safe. By the same token, being "tested" and "reviewed" by agencies tied to big pharma and the chemical industry is also problematic. There's a lot of snake-oil in this system. We need research and licensing boards that are protected from conflicts of interest. They should not be limited by arbitrary definitions of what is "natural" or not.

https://np.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/4ixbr5/i_am_jill_stein_green_party_candidate_for/d31ydoe

One of the most spineless politicians I've ever seen. Hillary is a billion times tougher than her.

Zaid jilani's response to elie wiesel passing away?

Pointin out he supported Israel and warned against antisemitism.

On the day he passes and the republican presidential candidate is tweeting antisemitic tropes

Fuck the Intercept and their antisemitic conspiracy theories and signaling to the worse of the left.

kirblar

On the day he passes and the republican presidential candidate is tweeting antisemitic tropes

Fuck the Intercept and their antisemitic conspiracy theories and signaling to the worse of the left.
Today I realized part of what was going on with the Bernie/Trump crossover- there's certainly a small subset of voters that's going to see Bernie's "Wall Street" talk as a dogwhistle despite it clearly not being one.

ampere

Bernie Surrogate Killer Mike seems like a nice guy

Like many musicians, he has some good songs, but is fucking stupid

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmYfLJvWEAEONjO.jpg[IMG]

Honestly, though, Dr. "Hillary Clinton is a shitty mother" Jill "Obama committed treason with TPP" Stein is a terrible candidate and anyone voting for her is pretty stupid.[/QUOTE]

lol. Yeah I have a feeling most of those folks haven't even read Stein's awful platform

Honestly, though, Dr. "Hillary Clinton is a shitty mother" Jill "Obama committed treason with TPP" Stein is a terrible candidate and anyone voting for her is pretty stupid.
I saw there was a twitter user with the name MetsFan on there. Was confused for a second.... lol not me

Fuchsdh

Who bothers to listen to the Intercept about anything but issues relating to tech and surveillance? That's the only area they actually have any good content.

Who bothers to listen to the Intercept about anything but issues relating to tech and surveillance? That's the only area they actually have any good content.
I don't even thing that is good. They have a viewpoint and intentially only present information which fits that view. That's problematic. Greenwald had to back track and clarify a lot of his reporting on the NSA.

Thats not to say he lies but he's not a reporter, he's a prosecutor

Fuchsdh

Max Blumenthal has got thoughts. From his Twitter.

While I understand the sentiment, it kind of ignores the fact that being in something like the Holocaust might, you know, change your worldview pretty heavily.

It'd be like me criticizing the foreign policy positions of my contractor. I don't agree with a lot of them, but then again I wasn't smuggled out of Bulgaria to escape communism so I probably have a different worldview on that.

East Lake

Trump could balance it out by picking Newt "the palestinians are an invented people" Gingrich, and they could get their talking points From Time Immemorial, which was praised by Wiesel.

itschris

Edward Mejia Davis
‏@TeddyDavisCNN

Sources tell CNN's Evan Perez: expectation is that there will be announcement of no charges in Clinton email probe within next two weeks or so

Expectation is no charges will be brought against Clinton - so long as no wrongdoing emerged in today's interview

Donald J. Trump
‏@realDonaldTrump

It was just announced-by sources-that no charges will be brought against Crooked Hillary Clinton. Like I said, the system is totally rigged!

The FBI primary is almost over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom