• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

itschris

Wilsongt

I used to think America was pretty good with pretty decent folks all around, but augh. This election has totally changed my perception that no, we are not a wonderful place to live.

Diablos

My fantasy: FBI recommends no indictment on July 4. Hillary then tweets "Let Freedom Ring" several hours later. Becomes the biggest tweet of all time overnight.

I would cream my pants

Big Ag spent hundreds of millions on lobbying and campaign contributions to stop GMO labeling laws. We can’t let them get away with it.

Go away.

Food companies believe they have a right to unlimited profits, but they don't think people have a right to know what's in the food they eat.

Time to slap a label on everything that includes dihydrogen monoxide.

The anti-GMO bill in the Senate is confusing, misleading and unenforceable. We must have higher standards than that for federal legislation.

Why

The Stabenow-Roberts anti-GMO bill contains huge loopholes in the labeling requirement. There’s not even a penalty for violating it.

I don't care.

I am proud that Vermont is first state to mandate GMO labeling. What I’m not proud of is the Senate bill trying to destroy this progress.

"Progress"

Sen. Roberts' GMO bill imposes no penalties whatsoever for violating the labeling requirement, making the law essentially meaningless.

Shut the fuck up.

The GMO legislation in Congress would create a confusing, misleading and unenforceable national standard for labeling GMOs. It cannot pass.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Big agriculture companies like Monsanto do not believe people have a right to know what's in the food they eat.

When will consumers have the right to know that dihydrogen monoxide is in their food.

It's not complicated. People want to know the quality of the food they're eating and what they're giving to their kids. #JustLabelIt

Stop

Hey, guess what, there are more fucking tweets from him about this in the last two days. This is only a sample!

Trump could balance it out by picking Newt "the palestinians are an invented people" Gingrich, and they could get their talking points From Time Immemorial, which was praised by Wiesel.
Well, ok, let's be honest, here. The Palestinians are an invented people. They are Arabs who live in a specific region that has mistreated them since 1948 but they are not really a distinct "people".

Honestly, though. Bernie Sanders was worth it if for no other reason than to give us the Larry David Bernie Sanders character.

"BernieSanders.com. Check it out! It's a MESS!"

I RSVP'd with Obama and Clinton's event this Tuesday in Charlotte. Has anyone here ever been to a similar event? How early should I arrive? The event starts at 1 pm.

Holmes

I RSVP'd with Obama and Clinton's event this Tuesday in Charlotte. Has anyone here ever been to a similar event? How early should I arrive? The event starts at 1 pm.
2-3 hours before the doors open. Bring water, but not in a bottle you like because you'll need to throw it out before entering.

I think he means native Americans.
Then, no, the exact OPPOSITE of native Americans. Native Americans are almost all distinct people who had their land raped from them and their people killed in the single worst genocide in human history. I sometimes wish King Phillip had succeeded in fighting off the English settlers and delaying English imperialism by a hundred years or so.

Gruco

Banned
So I missed the last few days, but are there any consequences to very obviously soliciting campaign donations from foreign nationals, and for coordinating with a super pac?

It's shockingly flagrant in this case. To the point where I can't imagine the FEC could shrug it off but then I dunno what could actually happen as a consequence.

Holmes

Thank you, good to know. This is my first time seeing the president, and possible future president, in person. I'm really excited!
Seeing Hillary in person was so different than seeing her in video. It was surreal. I can only imagine what seeing Obama will be like.

Diablos

We've gotten like 3 polls in a row that have close margins and CNN came out with a +5 last week when the last one they had was a +11. Why can't you all just accept that the race tightened?

ABC poll was 12+, and most others are around four to five points (ok so not 7+)
ABC was a while ago and also qualifies as an outlier. But if that outlier counts, why doesn't the Rasmussen count? You can't choose your outliers, you have to just accept all of the data and believe in large numbers. Huffpost is recording about +6 right now. I'd put it closer to +4.5. My prediction is about 3-4 point spread after the convention.

ABC was a while ago and also qualifies as an outlier. But if that outlier counts, why doesn't the Rasmussen count? You can't choose your outliers, you have to just accept all of the data and believe in large numbers. Huffpost is recording about +6 right now. I'd put it closer to +4.5. My prediction is about 3-4 point spread after the convention.

I guess for the same reasons you can decide that it's +4.5 based on whatever it is that led you to make that decision?

Also, the Ipsos poll is ranked A- by 538. So....ya.

Edit: I'd also encourage you to not use Realclearpolitics. They randomly exclude polls.

H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR
If "sources close to" DOJ or FBI knew everything, America wouldn't need the DOJ or FBI. Years of group think about to end. BERNIE WILL WIN!!

I worry for this man. I really, really do.

I guess for the same reasons you can decide that it's +4.5 based on whatever it is that led you to make that decision?

Also, the Ipsos poll is ranked A- by 538. So....ya.

Edit: I'd also encourage you to not use Realclearpolitics. They randomly exclude polls.
Ok, this is all true, but I really want it to be a deadbeat. Why can't you give me my dead heat?
Are you familiar with the book?
What book?

East Lake

Ok, this is all true, but I really want it to be a deadbeat. Why can't you give me my dead heat?

What book?
Gingrich and his fellow Republicans have sensed a potential softening in the Jewish vote. In 2008, only African-Americans were more solidly behind Barack Obama, who, according to exit polls, won seventy-eight per cent of the Jewish vote. But the Republicans are hoping to woo at least the more conservative sector of Jewish Americans—those who feel that Obama has been too hard on Benjamin Netanyahu. And, because Gingrich has a little learning and a darkly sophisticated memory for intellectual battle, he catered to his cause by employing the word “invented.” In this context, the word summons a 1984 bestseller that was once totemic on the Jewish right (and still is, for some): “From Time Immemorial: The Origins of the Arab-Jewish Conflict Over Palestine,” by Joan Peters.

Peters, who was not a historian, put forward a purportedly scholarly construction based on the notion, as Golda Meir famously put it, that there is “no such thing as a Palestinian people.” The book, which is an ideological tract disguised as history, made the demographic argument that most people who call themselves Palestinians have short roots in the territory and are Arabs who came from elsewhere. It suggests that the territory that is now Israel was all but “uninhabited” before the Zionist movement began. It was a book that implicitly made the argument that Palestine was a tabula rasa waiting for its Jewish revival; or, as the old slogan had it: “a land without a people for a people without a land.”

The book was not only a commercial success; it also won plaudits from Saul Bellow, Barbara Tuchman, Martin Peretz, Theodore H. White, Lucy Dawidowicz, Arthur Goldberg, and Elie Wiesel. For a time, it was wielded as a means to dismiss Palestinian claims on the land, and a means to be dismissive of Palestinians entirely. The book was thoroughly discredited by an Israeli historian, Yehoshua Porath, and many others who dismantled its pseudo-scholarship. Even some right-wing critics, like Daniel Pipes, who initially reviewed the book positively, later admitted that Peters’s work was shoddy and “ignores inconvenient facts.”

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/newt-the-jews-and-an-invented-people

The RETROACTIVE MOMENTUM means that the FBI PRIMARY isn't over and ALSO FRAUD! The INDICTMENT is going to happen because the POLITICAL REVOLUTION will not be stopped by $hillary Killton, Butcher of Benghazi, Deleter of Emails, Queen of Wall Street.

ALSO FRAUD!

Teggy

It's our new meme.

Bad news for Kay Hagan.
Fraud!!!
Hillary indictment incoming.

Our new title should be: Fraud Hagan alert: Kay's indictment of Clinton's fraudulent emails incoming.

I do wonder what he's going to do when it comes out there will be no indictment. I find it hard to believe he will just stop. He must have another magical path to victory for Bernie.

Wilsongt

I do wonder what he's going to do when it comes out there will be no indictment. I find it hard to believe he will just stop. He must have another magical path to victory for Bernie.

I wonder if he will pivot to Trump. There have been a few articles by other journalist written about him saying he comes off less as a Democrat and more as someone who is obsessively anti-Hillary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom