• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elizabeth Warren calling for big crackdowns on big tech means she can't be the veep. Clinton's in too deep with the banks and the technocrats. :/

Guess I was wrong about Newt and Warren.

Wilsongt

While the Hillary supporters are glad this is behind them, this is going to do nothing but make the anti-Hillary crowed even more insufferable.

I'm glad that Donald "I just keep accidentally retweeting NeoNazis" Trump is going to do a thing about how bad Hillary is with the internet and technology.

The way I see this stuff is in two ways. Either he really is accidentally tweeting neonazis, or he is doing it on purpose. Either way, shows aspects of his character.

Trump is such a mess.

Bowdz

Elizabeth Warren calling for big crackdowns on big tech means she can't be the veep. Clinton's in too deep with the banks and the technocrats. :/

Guess I was wrong about Newt and Warren.

Big tech is a good group to be bedfellows with TBH. For the most part they are for free speech, competitive markets, and are socially liberal. Elizabeth Warren is better in the Senate. Perez is the guy we want.

Bowdz

I'm not convinced he's got the tenacity to speak in debates.

I think he's a great guy, just seems like he can have trouble responding to stuff

He's not the best debater, but then again, I don't think any of the Dem candidates beyond Warren could hold their own against Christie or Gingrich. Perez is pretty damn good on the stump and can at least hold his own in the debate especially if Trump goes with Corker or Sessions.

Wilsongt

Trump has at least one outspoken fan:

Avid Donald Trump supporter and former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke was a big fan of the presumptive GOP nominee's controversial tweet over the weekend, which was widely read as anti-Semitic.

After the Trump camp pulled an anti-Hillary Clinton tweet that included a six-point star and posted an edited version, Duke tweeted Saturday that he welcomes the exposure of "the hidden hand."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/david-duke-loved-trump-star-tweet

Wilsongt

WELP!

H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 38m38 minutes ago

James Comey sounded almost like H. A. Goodman today, except Clinton escaped indictment. TOP SECRET intelligence on the server, etc. Guilty.
39 retweets 85 likes
H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 44m44 minutes ago

Hillary Bots, Clinton BARELY beats Trump in an average of polls, never keeps polling leads, and BARELY escaped FBI. Bernie STILL IN THIS!!!
49 retweets 99 likes
H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 53m53 minutes ago

Hillary Supporter: "Yippppeeee Clinton wasn't indicted!!!!" The rest of humanity: "Ummm... Hillary was allowed to run with 2 FBI probes???"

Oh boy.

H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 2h2 hours ago

Oh, I am definitely vindicated after today. TODAY PROVES GROSS NEGLIGENCE. Trust me, I don't need indictments to know HRC deserved them
115 retweets 223 likes

Dude needs some professional help.

HylianTom

Banned
WELP!

H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 38m38 minutes ago

James Comey sounded almost like H. A. Goodman today, except Clinton escaped indictment. TOP SECRET intelligence on the server, etc. Guilty.
39 retweets 85 likes
H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 44m44 minutes ago

Hillary Bots, Clinton BARELY beats Trump in an average of polls, never keeps polling leads, and BARELY escaped FBI. Bernie STILL IN THIS!!!
49 retweets 99 likes
H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 53m53 minutes ago

Hillary Supporter: "Yippppeeee Clinton wasn't indicted!!!!" The rest of humanity: "Ummm... Hillary was allowed to run with 2 FBI probes???"

Oh boy.

H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 2h2 hours ago

Oh, I am definitely vindicated after today. TODAY PROVES GROSS NEGLIGENCE. Trust me, I don't need indictments to know HRC deserved them
115 retweets 223 likes

Dude needs some professional help.

It helps to read these in an ever-increasingly frantic Daffy-Duck-giggling-in-a-straightjacket-being-hauled-to-the-looney-bin voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKLo-jzizdg

Big tech does not need to be coddled. They tend to be some of the better organizations in terms of the big industries, but that doesn't make them perfect

Wow Fox News and Republicans throwing Comey under the bus.

The man that is a staunch republican and has been confirmed for another 8 years. If he really thought there was enough for anything he would have went after it. I mean there was definitely a partisan tone to the press conference this morning. Why can't republicans take the wins they are offered. It's incredible

thefro

I wonder if Obama brings out the big pardon before the election, since you know Trump's going to be talking about how he will order Clinton prosecuted if he's elected.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Big tech does not need to be coddled. They tend to be some of the better organizations in terms of the big industries, but that doesn't make them perfect

But in a world of limited resources, I don't see them as a priority.

I wonder if Obama brings out the big pardon before the election, since you know Trump's going to be talking about how he will order Clinton prosecuted if he's elected.

That would just be stupid because it would imply guilt. If Trump did that it would be idiotic because you just had the director of the FBI saying no reasonable prosecutor would take this case. Trump would specifically have to find some crackpot AG that would take this

Boke1879

They are idiots. The dems just need to keep appearing united and keep rolling. Let the republicans and staunch Bernie supporters continue to look insane with all this.

itschris

Finally, the saga of the damn emails is over!

The Clinton campaign's reaction:

Any sigh of relief coming from Clinton’s Brooklyn headquarters was a wary one, as the campaign and its allies puzzled through their responses to the mixed-news announcement in the hours before she was scheduled to take off on Air Force One with Obama for their debut joint campaign rally. Elected officials and surrogates seeking guidance from campaign on how to respond didn't immediately get any. Even Correct The Record, a rapid response group dedicated to protecting Clinton, led its daily email blast with a headline previewing the North Carolina event, not about the emails, shortly after noon.

But the bottom line message from Clinton-aligned Democrats: with no indictment, this remains a political, not legal, headache. She can handle a political headache.

"We are pleased that the career officials handling this case have determined that no further action by the Department is appropriate,” said Clinton spokesman Brian Fallon. “As the Secretary has long said, it was a mistake to use her personal email and she would not do it again. We are glad that this matter is now resolved."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom