• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3m3 minutes ago
The system is rigged. General Petraeus got in trouble for far less. Very very unfair! As usual, bad judgment.

I would ask if he actually knows what happened with Petraeus, but I don't think its a necessary question

Petraeus was just having some affair sex and letting his boo read his email, what's wrong with that??

What's kind of amazing is the market is almost completely recovered from the huge Brexit drip.

I think people saying that long term Brexit won't be too bad for international markets, but will devastate the UK is probably true.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3m3 minutes ago
The system is rigged. General Petraeus got in trouble for far less. Very very unfair! As usual, bad judgment.

I would ask if he actually knows what happened with Petraeus, but I don't think its a necessary question

God he is bad. He should be hyping the damning words but instead plays into the the "its rigged" which convinces nobody but people already voting for him

Not sure there's much to celebrate here; it was obvious she wouldn't be indicted. But having the FBI Director call you a liar, and accuse you of recklessness, is not a good thing.

Thank god for Trump and republican incompetence.

GutsOfThor

Not sure there's much to celebrate here; it was obvious she wouldn't be indicted. But having the FBI Director call you a liar, and accuse you of recklessness, is not a good thing.

I agree. There is nothing to celebrate here. She's very fortunate to be running against a moron and not an actual competent opponent.

Personally, if I didn't find this election so dire I would most likely vote for a third party.

Boke1879

Appointed by Bush at the very least. So it's going to be interesting to see the attacks on him by Trump and others.

They'll just use his talking points to attack her is all. Again short term I see it doing the most damage. But like I said. I think people are just tired of hearing about all this.

Where did he do this?

If your referring to her "no classified emails" that's not what clinton has been saying.

Comey said that the agencies told him that they were classified, which Clinton has repeatedly said. That the agencies disagree. And these were emails on the server, nowhere was it said that Clinton sent them.

Anyways. I still think its poor form for Comey to go out there and bash clinton with statements like "she should know" "extreamly reckless" and then say no indictment. It reeks of giving a bone to people who wanted an idictment

Emarv

A smart move would be to push back the RNC speaking lineup another day or two and let Clinton get the bad media cycle for a bit longer.

But Trump can't not make it about himself for 24 hours.

Slayven

Ha Goodman was trending for a hot second

Folks just touchdown dancing....sad

A smart move would be to push back the RNC speaking lineup another day or two and let Clinton get the bad media cycle for a bit longer.

But Trump can't not make it about himself for 24 hours.

Dude has no sense of timing. Bet it goes out at 8am tomorrow

I mean, Trump is already playing with fire considering he is going after a very respected FBi director.

I'm sure he's going to go after him for a while and not back off, because Trump

Slayven

Cenk Uygur ‏@cenkuygur 1m1 minute ago

It's over. @HillaryClinton is Democratic nominee. This is cemented as No Change vs Disastrous Change campaign. Well played establishment.
44 retweets 70 likes

"It is possible that hostile actors did gain access"

This statement IMO was outrageous by Comey.

What is the point of it besides to give ammo? He just said there is no evidence that they did. Hostile actors have already gotten into government emails before, so the statement could apply to pretty much every email server the gov't has including the FBI and CIA. Its possible!

"It is possible that hostile actors did gain access"

This statement IMO was outrageous by Comey.

What is the point of it besides to give ammo? He just said there is no evidence that they did. Hostile actors have already gotten into government emails before, so the statement could apply to pretty much every email server the gov't has including the FBI and CIA. Its possible!

Yeah some of the stuff was unnecessary, but I think they were just trying to lay everything out there so there could be no allegations they didn't check into everything. Of course now S4P is saying he did all of this because he really wanted to indict but the Obama admininstration made him back down. Of course if the Obama administration really had any say they would have had him say she did nothing wrong and they didn't find a single thing during the investigation.

Emarv

To me, all this signifies is that the FBI should do a security check of the entire State Dept (hell, probably all of Washington) to see the carelessness with which I'm sure the whole town transmits information.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
To me, all this signifies is that the FBI should do a security check of the entire State Dept (hell, probably all of Washington) to see the carelessness with which I'm sure the whole town transmits information.

Which should surprise fucking no one, since they have not kept up with technology.

I don't think anyone from the FBI or any oversight agency want's to open the door to the extremely smelly basement that has been unchecked for the last 15 years to see if grandma has indeed passed on or not.

VRMN

This strikes me as a situation where literally no one is happy. Democrats and Clinton supporters are pissed off at the tone of the conference and statements therein. Republicans and Clinton detractors are pissed off because there's no fire big enough to indict while the conference's tone indicated it's not nothing.

Teggy

speak of the devil

H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 5m5 minutes ago
I respect the FBI's decision but in a bizarre way I feel vindicated. Sad day for America and Democrats, and rule of law. BERNIE STILL FIGHTS

@matthewamiller
Once again, Clinton gets worse treatment than anyone else would. I can't remember an FBI press conference like that when charges declined.

While overall this isn't a great news cycle for Hillary Clinton, I remain confident that any minute now the Trump campaign will make some massively stupid unforced error that will steal the news cycle away from the FBI director's harsh words.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
@matthewamiller
Once again, Clinton gets worse treatment than anyone else would. I can't remember an FBI press conference like that when charges declined.

That may end up being a story that will get talked about as much as the decision.

pigeon

Banned

I don't think it really changes the state of the game. Who is this going to sway that didn't already think Hillary was a criminal?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
@matthewamiller

Pretty much. There's this odd dynamic where people feel the Clintons seem to feel the rules don't apply to them, but at the same time it's proven true time and again that they're basically held to a different standard than everyone else is. It's the craziest fucking thing you'll ever see in your life.

Where did he do this?

If your referring to her "no classified emails" that's not what clinton has been saying.

Comey said that the agencies told him that they were classified, which Clinton has repeatedly said. That the agencies disagree. And these were emails on the server, nowhere was it said that Clinton sent them.

Anyways. I still think its poor form for Comey to go out there and bash clinton with statements like "she should know" "extreamly reckless" and then say no indictment. It reeks of giving a bone to people who wanted an idictment

I was under the impression she did send some classified info through emails, including some that were made classified after the fact (and stored on the server). Looks like I might be mistaken then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom