• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

I totally feel you.

I lost about 70% of my eye sight (Hard to quantify, but you know...) because I didn't have insurance. I was a college student, and ya..was completely shit out of luck. I'm in the process of trying to have two corneal transplants, but I keep getting infections and screwing it up.

Without the ACA, I wouldn't covered for my eye problems. Plus, two years ago, I had emergency surgery after nearly dying. So, ya, I have nothing but love for what the Democrats did. It's not perfect, but it's still a freaking win, you know?

Also, I hope you're feeling okay. :)

Pls don't die adam, you haven't been shown the way of pizza lovers yet.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Did the RNC announce their lineup yet?

LOL at "lineup." Fellow party members won't even say his name. My guess is it'll be Trump's family, Christie, Sessions, Carson, a couple others.

I totally feel you.

I lost about 70% of my eye sight (Hard to quantify, but you know...) because I didn't have insurance. I was a college student, and ya..was completely shit out of luck. I'm in the process of trying to have two corneal transplants, but I keep getting infections and screwing it up.

Without the ACA, I wouldn't covered for my eye problems. Plus, two years ago, I had emergency surgery after nearly dying. So, ya, I have nothing but love for what the Democrats did. It's not perfect, but it's still a freaking win, you know?

Also, I hope you're feeling okay. :)

Oh, I'm doing fine now. The surgery was for a removal of a strong case Gynecomastia that I had been dealing with for about 12 years. It's such a huge relief to finally get it over with.

Do any of the "I hate both choices!" "Douche vs. Turd!" people ever try to get political campaigns to start up for ranked choice voting or anything else that would help third and fourth parties thrive? Even Dr. Jill Stein is smart enough to understand that the voting system needs to change to help third-parties actually be relevant.

It feels like South Park "moderates" are just lazy people sometimes or are people that don't want to admit to having beliefs out of insecurity.

It does come off as really lazy and uninformed because you have options available in GEs if you think the main vote is bad no matter who you pick. Thinking that your only choice is between a douche and a turd is no excuse to ignore that there are also votes at the local level on the line.

Measley

I made the same point about Florida being the key to HRC's electoral college win weeks ago. Without it, Trump's fucked. And he's not winning FL. So he's fucked.

Xr5JDbH.png

She needs just one of OH/PA/VA/NC/CO or IA+NH to put her over the top.

She has Virginia in the bag. That northern VA advantage has increased in the last 4 years.

Also PA continues to be the GOP unicorn.

Have no idea how to feel about the Afghan war continuing.

Hillary should really run Trump's "not a lot of Evangelicals come from Cuba!" racist tirade Trump had against Cruz's dad as an ad.

East Lake

Is there any logical way to square these two statements?

-Cutting off trade will not harm poor nations
-Bill Clinton killed 500k Iraqis by cutting off foreign trade to Iraq

These are basically gospel among Bernie Stans on Twitter and they seem directly contradicting.
I think the problem is you have a strawman argument. One is that the iraq sanctions can be fairly characterized as cutting off trade. The other is that Bernie actually wants to cut off trade.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I find it ironic that a super-rich guy who inherited his fortune is complaining about our country being "rigged."

Holmes

I'm finally watching the Clinton/Obama rally and there's this guy in the audience that keeps replying to everything Obama says, like he's a preacher. It's cute. "Right now!" "Yes sir!" "Right!"

I think the problem is you have a strawman argument. One is that the iraq sanctions can be fairly characterized as cutting off trade. The other is that Bernie actually wants to cut off trade.

"You have to have standards," the senator [Bernie Sanders] said. "And what fair trade means to say that it is fair. It is roughly equivalent to the wages and environmental standards in the United States."

I don't think 1990s Iraq had roughly equivalent wages to the 1990s United States.

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/1/11139718/bernie-sanders-trade-global-poverty

thcsquad

You haven't bothered trying to disprove either of them. I won't comment on sanctions because I haven't read up on it, but in regards to trade: What is Bernie's plan for trade, if not to cut it off or heavily reduce it? It's easy to rail against trade deals, and avoid connecting the dots, but we're not going to prevent ourselves from losing manufacturing jobs to places like China unless we cut off trade.

Do any of the "I hate both choices!" "Douche vs. Turd!" people ever try to get political campaigns to start up for ranked choice voting or anything else that would help third and fourth parties thrive? Even Dr. Jill Stein is smart enough to understand that the voting system needs to change to help third-parties actually be relevant.

It feels like South Park "moderates" are just lazy people sometimes or are people that don't want to admit to having beliefs out of insecurity.

Sounds like my dad.

I got in an argument about it once, and he just got in a huff and kept on repeating the same thing over and over.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
On CNN, did the trump campaign spokesperson just say that corker saying he's not interested for VP is proof that trump is bringing the party together?

LOL

Alexandra JaffeVerified account
‏@ajjaffe
New: Cruz in negotiation for a speaking slot at the convention, 3 sources close to Trump & RNC tell me, @LACaldwellDC & @VaughnHillyard.

Well he does have a lot of delegates.

Looks like Joni Ernst also has a speaking slot.

studyguy

Katrina Pierson is the literal worst.

Well, sorry all 5 of you who chose Corker in the Veepstakes.

Pierson has to be a performance artist. No one can be that crazy in real life.

Also what the fuck is Cruz gonna say at the convention? It's always so strange to see the GOP eager to kiss ass after shitting on their opponents as savagely as possible for months.

East Lake

I mean, if every rich country cuts off trade to Palestine because Palestine has low wages, that's equivalent to every rich country not trading with Palestine because of sanctions.
So you're saying Bernie Sanders wants to ban exports and imports, and enforce that militarily through the UN, and that it would effectively be the same as reshoring manufacturing.

Just realized that Jodie Landon (from Daria) is the near prototype Hillary voter and that Daria Morgendorffer is the near prototype Bernie Stan and that there could (pretty easily) be an episode of the cartoon about Daria giving Jodie a hard time about this.

So you're saying Bernie Sanders wants to ban exports and imports, and enforce that militarily through the UN, and that it would effectively be the same as reshoring manufacturing.

"Only do trade with nations of comparable incomes" would seem like an idea to ban exports and imports from poor nations, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom