• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenov

Chaffetz is trying to insinuate that Hillary Clinton intentionally gave her lawyers classified information because they had the server. Its such a streeeeetch.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
GOP: Corrupt FBI director says "what?"

She could maybe run as a Democrat. I don't think she's tainted. I mean he's her dad. No matter how shitty, blood is blood. People would get over it.
How does she not get tainted at least a little? She's a grown-ass adult following his every footstep and backing his campaign fully? She's not a minor forced to travel with her parents. She's there on her own accord, supporting all of his bullshit.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Chaffetz is trying to insinuate that Hillary Clinton intentionally gave her lawyers classified information because they had the server. Its such a streeeeetch.
The worst part is you know Republicans and the conservative media are now coordinating this talking point as we speak.

TS-08

Why are they yelling at Comey over other issues that he was not investigating. He actually yelled "Prosecute him!" over a non-cleared person having classified information not realizing there are technicalities to his question that he's not understanding.

I'm glad Comey was as confused as I was about the assertion that her attorneys could be prosecuted for going through the emails without even knowing whether there was classified information when reviewing.

Bowdz

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...ght-chair-house-to-call-on-fbi-to-investigate

In a dramatic exchange Thursday between Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) and FBI Director James Comey, the House Oversight Committee chairman announced he will formally request the FBI to investigate whether Hillary Clinton lied under oath to Congress.

Comey was testifying before the committee regarding his agency’s investigation into Clinton’s use of a private email server during her time as secretary of State.
Chaffetz asked him if the FBI had determined in its investigation that Clinton had lied.

“We have no basis to conclude that she lied to the FBI,” Comey said.

“Did she lie to the public?” Chaffetz asked.

“That’s a question I’m not qualified to answer. I can speak about what she said to the FBI,” Comey responded.

The Utah Republican then asked if the FBI had investigated whether Clinton perjured herself when addressing the server while testifying to Congress.

“Not to my knowledge. I don’t think there’s been a referral from Congress,” Comey responded.

“Do you need a referral from Congress to investigate her statements under oath?” Chaffetz asked.

“We sure do,” Comey shot back.

“You’ll have one,” Chaffetz said with a laugh. “You’ll have one in the next few hours.”

The move could open a new legal vulnerability for Clinton, who in recent weeks escaped both the threat of a federal indictment and severe reprimand from the House Select Committee on Benghazi.

The FBI does not take it upon itself to investigate matters before Congress, Comey told lawmakers later in the hearing. Instead, it waits for a formal offer to open an inquiry before examining whether a crime may have occurred.

“We have respect for the legislative branch being a separate branch,” Comey said.

“We don’t watch on TV and say, ‘We ought to investigate that, Joe Smith said this in front of the committee,’” he added. “It requires the committee to say, ‘We think we have an issue here, would you all take a look at it?’”

If Clinton is found to have lied under oath while discussing the server — such as during an 11-hour hearing with the House Select Committee on Benghazi last year — she could be subject to felony charges of perjury, Comey hinted.

Breaking-Bad-Were-Done-When-I-Say-Were-Done.gif

Long Island has two Republican reps, not to mention Staten Island is more conservative than the rest of NYC. She could also run for district 18, which represents the upper Hudson Valley.

Sadly I could see her win here in District 18, because how it's split. It include Putnam which is....one of the most republican positive areas in southern NY (Romney won by 10% there), my part of Westchester which is white as shit and part of Rockland which leans slightly democrat though don't know the demographics of the part included in District 18.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sadly I could see her win here in District 18, because how it's split. It include Putnam which is....one of the most republican positive areas in southern NY (Romney won by 10% there), my part of Westchester which is white as shit and part of Rockland which leans slightly democrat though don't know the demographics of the part included in District 18.

The thing is do you really think she'd move to these areas? I don't.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
This hearing is like a section of some book where a character is on trial and smugly swats down all of the stupid arguments the prosecution makes with rebuttals showing how stupid they are

Only its real

So she gave, according to Comey, between 2 and 10 insecure people access to her server with classified docs. Knowingly.

Do you have to walk the intel to Moscow yourself for it to count as intent?

BokehKing

Banned
So she gave, according to Comey, between 2 and 10 insecure people access to her server with classified docs. Knowingly.

See hearing that made it sound like anyone can read classified information as long as you don't show it to Russia and [trump]CHINA[/trump]

So Johnson takes evenly from Clinton and Trump. Man once Bernie endorses and people realize they aren't voting for Jill Stein I think the margins could consistently be +10. But I'm glad the numbers are still relatively close across most polls before the RNC

I like the Bernie Stans who swear they're going to vote for Gary Johnson.

Gary Johnson wants to eliminate the income tax and replace it with a 23% VAT.

New Reuters/IPSOS biweekly poll is out (not their tracking poll). It's 7/2-7/6, so it has some post-email baked into it:

http://www.ipsos-na.com/download/pr.aspx?id=15725

Obama Approval:
Approve: 51 (+6)
Disapprove: 45

Hillary/Trump:
Hillary: 44 (+11, her biggest lead yet)
Trump: 33

Hillary/Trump/Johnson/Stein:
Hillary: 42 (+9)
Trump: 33
Johnson: 6
Stein: 4

Trump Favorables:
Favorable: 41 (-18)
Unfavorable: 59

Hillary Favorables:
Favorable: 45 (-10)
Unfavorable: 55

Congressional H2H:
Democrats: 46 (+11)
Republicans: 35

DOWN

Banned

She gave them access with the intent of sharing classified information and was aware there was classified information in the improperly marked content?

Another democrat president for republicans to hound and insinuate is not legitimate. Hope of the fever breaking is misplaced. I'm amazed Obama continues to peddle that idea.

The party is run by the far right. Maybe Hillary will get tax reform done but outside of that I can't see the republican base allowing their senators/congressman to do anything else with her.

Another democrat president for republicans to hound and insinuate is not legitimate. Hope of the fever breaking is misplaced. I'm amazed Obama continues to peddle that idea.

The party is run by the far right. Maybe Hillary will get tax reform done but outside of that I can't see the republican base allowing their senators/congressman to do anything else with her.

If Republicans block another immigration reform bill, they will lose Latinos just as hard and they will make up an even larger percentage of the population in 2020 and white people will be even less. Every 4 years that go by with the GOP either not doing anything or actively endorsing mass deporations for people that have been here for years will result in their eventual doom. I expect immigration reform to be passed within the first 6 months after republicans lose by more than 60 points with Latinos

Smellycat

Uhhhh, ummm, uuhhh

did they even prepare for this? Probably not since it was so rushed

Edit: hahaha that was hilarious. This guy spent all this time building up the question, and Comey's answer is "no" lol

Mrbob

That was an interesting response about the Clinton Foundation. Are the FBI investigating the Clintons for their foundation confirmed?

3phemeral

That was an interesting response about the Clinton Foundation. Are the FBI investigating the Clintons for their foundation confirmed?

Yeah, I didn't quite get that because I was typing another response. What was the question about the Clinton Foundation? I heard something along the lines of "Are you working with the Clinton Foundation" or "Are you receiving financial support from the Clinton Foundation?"

Were those the questions?

As opposed to her honestly not knowing there was classified info on there and intentionally not giving it to non-secure people wait i'm confused

If Republicans block another immigration reform bill, they will lose Latinos just as hard and they will make up an even larger percentage of the population in 2020 and white people will be even less. Every 4 years that go by with the GOP either not doing anything or actively endorsing mass deporations for people that have been here for years will result in their eventual doom.

It's worth noting that immigration reform isn't a magical wand for republicans. Passing it won't solve the party's structural and ideological problems with attracting Hispanic support. I agree that immigration reform won't be passed anytime soon, and it ties back into the issue of de-legitimizing presidents. Republicans say they can't pass reform now because Obama can't be trusted, won't enforce laws, breaks laws, etc. They'll use the same argument against Hillary.

Honestly I'm not sure democrats will pass reform even if they win the senate and house.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's rather important. Cruz has a firm hold on a lot of very good conservative activists and grassroots organizers, plus Evangelical leaders. If Trump is willing to play ball, Cruz could do more for him than Sanders can for Hillary. Obviously Trump is going to lose badly regardless but perhaps Cruz can be convinced to bring his people into the fold. Trump's ground game is laughable.

I don't believe Cruz will go all out for Trump, personally.

Yup, Cruz could supply part of the ground game Trump is lacking.

This makes more sense. Thanks.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
New Reuters/IPSOS biweekly poll is out (not their tracking poll). It's 7/2-7/6, so it has some post-email baked into it:

Trump Favorables:
Favorable: 41 (-18)
Unfavorable: 59

Oh look, it appears that the republican voters have all coalesced behind Trump once the primaries were over, just like many of us were saying would happen.

Republican numbers with hispanics pre-Trump were roughly what they were with black voters pre-Southern Strategy, right?

I wonder what would've happened if the GOP hadn't gone for the Southern Strategy. Would we have a rise of a George Wallace party for a while or was it inevitable that the racists would join with one of the two existing parties?

Mrbob

Yeah, I didn't quite get that because I was typing another response. What was the question about the Clinton Foundation? I heard something along the lines of "Are you working with the Clinton Foundation" or "Are you receiving financial support from the Clinton Foundation?"

Were those the questions?
I need to see those questions again too. If I remember right the question was asking in response to any link with the Clinton Foundation and Comey straight up said he wasn't going to answer the question. It was worded slightly differently and again he said he wouldn't answer the question. Strange since he has been transparent with everything else. You could see the chairmans eyes light up at his response but surprisingly didnt press the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom