• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenov

The thing that pisses me off more about the angle of the current questioning, is that it's all done in 20/20 hindsight about the State Department's IT practices in fucking 2008 -- as if email security was such a top central tenant at the time like it is now in 2016. It should have been more important, but obviously it was a widespread bureaucratic policy problem in the state department (and probably government as a whole) in 2008.

It's kinda hard for me because I'm on a cell phone. I'm not the only person that feels this way I know a dozen people like me who have alot of doubts about her. Not to worry I live in New Jersey so it's going to be a easy 14 for her.

You haven't explained at all what Trump or Johnson have in common politically with Obama or Bernie. You literally are willing to toy with people's lives because you dislike a politician. What about Hilarys actual policies makes you sick.

If you are really willing to apparently vote against everything Obama and Bernie stand for than cast a vote for a pure racist.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Jeez comeys description of these 3 emails is really showing how stupid this is.

this classified info is nothing.

There are questions about Clinton's judgement or intent but she didn't endanger national secrets or lives.

Yahoo news guys are saying that these Cs in parenthesis didnt even follow the format of labeling confidential info correctly. So she may not be at fault at all because the people labeling them as classified didnt label them correctly in the first place.

3phemeral

"I gave you dickheads EVERY. TALKING POINT. YOU. NEEDED. and you're still hauling me up here to grill me?"

Yahoo dude being interviewed is saying exactly this now. [paraphrased] "Comey clarified what he said during his announcement, which I believe was abusing his position; saying things that would be misconstrued, only to explain - in context - why that was incorrect to posit to begin with."

You haven't explained at all what Trump or Johnson have in common politically with Obama or Bernie. You literally are willing to toy with people's lives because you dislike a politician. What about Hilarys actual policies makes you sick.

If you are really willing to apparently vote against everything Obama and Bernie stand for than cast a vote for a pure racist.
I wonder what the common link between Obama, Bernie, Trump, and Johnson is that they do not have in common with Hillary.

Yahoo news guys are saying that these Cs in parenthesis didnt even follow the format of labeling confidential info correctly. So she may not be at fault at all because the people labeling them as classified didnt label them correctly in the first place.

Well for one they're suppose to be in the headers not in the body. Probably to prevent things like this from happening

bananas

Banned
It's kinda hard for me because I'm on a cell phone. I'm not the only person that feels this way I know a dozen people like me who have alot of doubts about her. Not to worry I live in New Jersey so it's going to be a easy 14 for her.
xTiTnmaRvpDflZmzzW.gif

Effect

How much longer is this suppose to go on. As good as it is to see republicans digging their own holes and losing any talking points they had is this needs to end.

3phemeral

Is this dude with the glasses on Yahoo actually suggesting that it's a legitimate criticism that Republican Comey is doing this because he loves the spotlight, became narcissistic, and wanted the fame from clearing Hillary fucking Clinton?

What Republican would do such a thing?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Yahoo dude being interviewed is saying exactly this now. [paraphrased] "Comey clarified what he said during his announcement, which I believe was abusing his position; saying things that would be misconstrued, only to explain - in context - why that was incorrect to posit to begin with."
Yep, they're pretty much destroying their own talking points. Republicans just can't help themselves.

KingK

I literally just found that gif to post but you beat me to it. Damn phone.

But yeah, I'm no Hillary fan but going from Obama to Bernie to Trump is batshit. If you really don't want to vote for Clinton, just don't vote or write in Obama or something to protest. I don't see anything wrong with that, but voting for someone objectively worse in every way because you don't like her makes no sense.

Can someone clarify this for me? I know there were 3 emails that were improperly marked as classified but what about those other 100? Are those the emails that were retroactively classified or were they correctly marked, or unmarked, or what?

Is this dude with the glasses on Yahoo actually suggesting that it's a legitimate criticism that Republican Comey is doing this because he loves the spotlight, became narcissistic, and wanted the fame from clearing Hillary fucking Clinton?

I thought the republicans actually like her?

Can someone clarify this for me? I know there were 3 emails that were improperly marked as classified but what about those other 100? Are those the emails that were retroactively classified or were they correctly marked, or unmarked, or what?

They were not marked whatsoever but contained classified information at the time.

Oh so now they want the FBI to investigate Hillary for perjury.

Yup. Which is stupid because Comey already said there wasn't evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt that Clinton knowingly received or sent classified e-mail using her unsecure e-mail server.

But you know how it is. If Clinton is found innocent of something, then it's time to start a new investigation into her guilt on *something*.

Jenov

I believe the issue is that within those other 100 emails there were conversations referencing top secret or classified info, like the drone program for instance.

I don't think I've seen that Hillary actually sent or received any properly marked classified materials in her emails. Seems it was was either an improperly marked (C) in a paragraph that was nested in a number of forwarded chain emails, or it was just general conversation referencing classified things, or it was retroactively classified. Doesn't seem to be very blatant, and it was very few (literally hundreds out of 30 thousands of emails).

I don't get this. This will have nowhere near the effect a Bernie endorsement would have with Hillary. Cruz fans aren't holding out, saying, "Well, if only he endorsed Trump. THEN I'll give him my vote instead of Hillary!"

Come on.

It's rather important. Cruz has a firm hold on a lot of very good conservative activists and grassroots organizers, plus Evangelical leaders. If Trump is willing to play ball, Cruz could do more for him than Sanders can for Hillary. Obviously Trump is going to lose badly regardless but perhaps Cruz can be convinced to bring his people into the fold. Trump's ground game is laughable.

I don't believe Cruz will go all out for Trump, personally.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's rather important. Cruz has a firm hold on a lot of very good conservative activists and grassroots organizers, plus Evangelical leaders. If Trump is willing to play ball, Cruz could do more for him than Sanders can for Hillary. Obviously Trump is going to lose badly regardless but perhaps Cruz can be convinced to bring his people into the fold. Trump's ground game is laughable.

I don't believe Cruz will go all out for Trump, personally.

Yup, Cruz could supply part of the ground game Trump is lacking.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

A narcissist? ;p

I dont think he's a narcissist, i believe the yahoo guy said self righteous which makes sense. this guy thought he was doing the right thing by laying out the facts, but he ended up fucking himself because he ended up inadvertently politicizing it.

Jenov

Comey: What you're reading in the media is not a accurate portrayal of the facts of the case.

Well gee Comey... don't you think you added a little bit of fuel there?

Comey: What you're reading in the media is not a accurate portrayal of the facts of the case.

Well gee Comey... don't you think you added a little bit of fuel there?

He was talking about the public facts of the Nishimura case, which a lot of people have pointed to, to show someone being prosecuted for something similar. Apparently Nishimura was much more clearly guilty than the public facts suggest.

3phemeral

A narcissist? ;p

I dont think he's a narcissist, i believe the yahoo guy said self righteous which makes sense. this guy thought he was doing the right thing by laying out the facts, but he ended up fucking himself because he ended up inadvertently politicizing it.

He did say self-righteous and I'm almost certain he said narcissistic. I couldn't rewind the feed on Yahoo's stream though. :)

The cases are very similar.

Actually they're not.

Well okay.
It actually went:

Congressman: "Do you know this case?"
Comey: "I'm very familiar. They're not similar. If you want me to go through to details, I will."
Congressman: "I read they're very similar."​

lol

And here's another quote from Comey calling this: "Celebrity hunting"

Owzers

We just really really wanted you to prosecute :(

I cried myself to sleep that night sir. I cried.

As a non-lawyer you have a hell of a case.

3phemeral

"Everyone wanted her to be indicted. Everyone wanted her to be guilty. Until you said 'however'. We finally got one here. You disappointed us! Why?!"

If we wanted something so badly, regardless if it's true or not, why couldn't you just give it to us?

Hanging the GOP's agenda laid out to bare. Just like that.

"I've only been here 18 months."

Oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom