• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiresias

"Everyone wanted her to be indicted. Everyone wanted her to be guilty. Until you said 'however'. We finally got one here. You disappointed us! Why?!"

If we wanted something so badly, regardless if it's true or not, why couldn't you just give it to us?

Hanging the GOP's agenda laid out to bare. Just like that.

"I've only been here 18 months."

Oops.

Wait is that an actual quote from one of the GOP members?

Tubie

I just don't understand why so many people in this thread is blindly supporting her. I really hope Bernie runs as a third party just to screw Clinton I despise her.

So your personal hatred of a person is more important to you than your own core beliefs (if you really did support Obama and Bernie). I can't even imagine how horrible it would be to live like this.

And who says we are blindly supporting her? She has pros and cons, but her pros far outweighs (at least in my opinion) the cons, specially with the supreme court in play for the first time since WWII.

Trump is basically all bad, there's no pros to voting for him.

3phemeral

Wait is that an actual quote from one of the GOP members?

Not exact but roughly. It was closer to "Everything you said implied she committed a crime until you said 'however.' We finally got one here."

[edit] Also, he did say everyone wanted a certain outcome and that his opening statements indicated that that's what he was going to do [indict her].

He essentially whined that he didn't get what he wanted.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
"I'm pretty sure you can't fire the president because we've tried."

Wow, dude.

anigif_enhanced-22811-1400169544-1.gif

Jenov

" I think you should have recommended that Clinton be prosecuted...."

LOL, you don't even have access to the evidence or case files, wtf

3phemeral

Comey's patience for being talked down to is amazing.

"As you know, [what Clinton did] should be a crime."

"As a Federal Prosecuter myself"

"Hillary Clinton is above the law" [despite the fact that Comey repeatedly said otherwise]

Ad nauseum. Ad infinitum.

"Der's lots of rooly dumb defen-DANTS."

[edit]

Question: "Why did you do what you did? What my interpretation of the FBI is supposed to be doing..."

Comey: "Everything I did, we do privately. What I decided to do is offer transparency to the people for the why of what I do...because this is an unprecedented situation."

[edit 2]:

Comey: "I've had to go the bathroom for about an hour."

Congressman: "Don't worry. We're about halfway done."

Link

The Autumn Wind
"Trust me, there are lots of people who don't know you can't kill other people."

Really, Gowdy?

Emarv

Bridget Bowman
‏@bridgetbhc
Ivanka Trump was in the meeting the GOP senators. Sen. Tillis said she was very impressive, and spoke to individual senators after the mtg

Emarv hot take prediction: Within the next 10 years, Ivanka Trump will run for Congress and win.

thebloo

From where? New York? You could pick a random Democrat up from off the street and they'd beat whatever Republican you put up.

She could maybe run as a Democrat. I don't think she's tainted. I mean he's her dad. No matter how shitty, blood is blood. People would get over it.

3phemeral

Comey clarifying that the deletion of these supposed incriminating emails was actually state department directed, that they went through the 60k emails in review to determine what should be kept. Then IT asked her, if she would like to keep any of her personal emails and she said no.

So, in other words, this perception that Clinton ominously hovered over her private server commanding her minions to wipe it clean is now no longer in play.

[edit]

GOP still trying that angle of getting Comey to declare her inadequate to trust presidential secrets by asking if they were in Hillary's shoes, how would they be prosecuted. Comey repeatedly replies that it would need to go under robust investigation in order to determine the security lapse and that you cannot make a judgment simply based off of that information.

[edit] The public now apparently demands her to suffer consequences, so I guess we must punish her regardless of what Comey's investigation uncovered.

She could maybe run as a Democrat. I don't think she's tainted. I mean he's her dad. No matter how shitty, blood is blood. People would get over it.

Long Island has two Republican reps, not to mention Staten Island is more conservative than the rest of NYC. She could also run for district 18, which represents the upper Hudson Valley.

Comey clarifying that the deletion of these supposed incriminating emails was actually state department directed, that they went through the 60k emails in review to determine what should be kept. Then IT asked her, which of her personal emails she would like to keep and she said no.

So, in other words, this perception that Clinton ominously hovered over her private server commanding her minions to wipe it clean is now no longer in play.

Is it any surprise that the mountain of bullshit that has been surrounding this with people pretending like they know far more than the FBI did is falling apart.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Comey clarifying that the deletion of these supposed incriminating emails was actually state department directed, that they went through the 60k emails in review to determine what should be kept. Then IT asked her, which of her personal emails she would like to keep and she said no.

Man I really really hope the media effectively translates this stuff to the mainstream. Just how stupid this all is

Teggy

Mischa Barton has something to say.

mischamazingI'm truly heart broken to watch videos like the #altonsterling execution. This may have been going on forever in the United States but thank god the pigs get caught on camera now. Its unthinkable and an embarrassment to America. The country I was brought up in. Somebody make change. We need gun control and unity. And a real President so think about that when this election is around the corner. The world is a precarious place right now.#stop #reflect and #act appropriately

Yes, that is quite literally the photo she chose to accompany her comments on the recent police shootings.

Goodstyle

Hillary specifically requests people NOT to send her classified versions of documents, and they send it anyways. State Department was a mess.

3phemeral

Why are they yelling at Comey over other issues that he was not investigating. He actually yelled "Prosecute him!" over a non-cleared person having classified information not realizing there are technicalities to his question that he's not understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom