• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS

Banned
LCk7xYM.jpg

I need one of these for Philly for the convention

CCS

Banned
Serious talk though: Trump and Gingrich, most irresistibly attractive and sexy ticket ever?

:p

EDIT: Sorry for double post, thought I was editing

Bowdz

I only see Kirk and possibly toomey losing. If Clinton wins by 10+ than I can see the Senate going blue again as of now I see Clinton winning by 5.

Johnson? Ayotte?

IL, NH, and WI are almost guaranteed to turn blue. OH, FL, and PA will if Clinton carries those states. NC, AZ, and IA will if Clinton wins by double digits and win those states.

Emarv

I only see Kirk and possibly toomey losing. If Clinton wins by 10+ than I can see the Senate going blue again as of now I see Clinton winning by 5.

I'm not even sure why I'm debating here or what your state map is, but even by your simplistic "national numbers = senate numbers" theory, Obama beat Romney +4 and they retook the Senate in 2012. Not sure what you're seeing in your math.

ampere

Clinton is going to get nothing done the house isn't going to change much and the gop is only going to lose about 2 or 3 Senate races if that.

Hillary will be appointing 2 - 3 Supreme Court Justices, that along is pretty massive.

Her litmus test for appointees? They have to want to overturn Citizen's United. That should be right up the alley of a Bernie supporter!

Johnson? Ayotte?

IL, NH, and WI are almost guaranteed to turn blue. OH, FL, and PA will if Clinton carries those states. NC, AZ, and IA will if Clinton wins by double digits and win those states.
MO also has a great candidate on the Dem side, but the GOP incumbent is relatively noncontroversial and the state has had a right lean over the years so we'll see if a race shapes up there.

A big Clinton win (5 point margin or more) will likely give Dems 52+ seats in the Senate, I dunno why anyone would feel like Democrats would "only win 2 or 3 at most." 2 or 3 is practically guaranteed, IL/WI are slam dunks and NH/FL probably tilt our way at the moment.

Even if Dems don't win the House they'll likely close up the margin significantly and I could see things like the 2013 immigration reform bill or Clinton's big infrastructure plan making their way through Ryan's House. Especially within the first 100 days there will probably be a sense of "Well ok, we might as well try and work together" from the Republican leadership even if gridlock is almost guaranteed later on.

I don't know how I got this avatar exactly it was just given to me. Clinton is going to get nothing done the house isn't going to change much and the gop is only going to lose about 2 or 3 Senate races if that.

I'm gonna need receipts for that

Dems have a very good chance of getting majority this election in the senate.

It's honestly a little hard to believe just had badly the GOP fumbled with the Comey interview. Like, read the OT thread on the indictment and basically every single point against Clinton can now be refuted by just quoting Comey from today. It's incredible. We learned so much from this.

Kemal86

Hillary will be appointing 2 - 3 Supreme Court Justices, that along is pretty massive.

Her litmus test for appointees? They have to want to overturn Citizen's United. That should be right up the alley of a Bernie supporter!

It's become clear today that this is either a troll poster or someone who doesn't *Actually* give a shit about the platform, policy, or agenda of Bernie Sanders. They'd rather have President Trump. Just someone following the cult of personality surrounding Bernie with a severe case of FOMO.

That hearing was fucking agonizing to watch. Comey looked like he wanted to strangle someone. Republicans kept going in circles trying to catch him in a lie. It was disgraceful. I also can't believe how Hillary let herself get in this mess in the first place. Like wtf?

Wilsongt

It's honestly a little hard to believe just had badly the GOP fumbled with the Comey interview. Like, read the OT thread on the indictment and basically every single point against Clinton can now be refuted by just quoting Comey from today. It's incredible. We learned so much from this.

It just means we are going to need another probe.

I think the GOP got jealous of the Hamilton stars at the DNC and they want their own sketch.

I'm endorsing the theory that they got turned down by so many potential speakers they had to go all the way down the list to "guy who dresses up as George Washington to speak at Northeastern Ohio elementary schools as a side gig."

In an appearance on "Fox and Friends," co-host Steve Doocy asked [Eric] Trump how he felt about comments Senator Bob Corker (R-TN) made about his sister being the best choice for their father's running mate.

"I agree, right? She's got the beautiful looks. She's got -- she's smart. She's smart smart smart smart," [Eric] Trump said.

This whole family wants to fuck Ivanka and it's so fucking creepy.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
I'm not even sure why I'm debating here or what your state map is, but even by your simplistic "national numbers = senate numbers" theory, Obama beat Romney +4 and they retook the Senate in 2012. Not sure what you're seeing in your math.

I thought Democrats had control of the Senate after 2010 midterm elections even though they barely controlled it. In 2012 they added a few more seats. Maybe I might of been too conservative with my prediction I hadn't really looked at the poll numbers for Wisconsin or new Hampshire.

So, it's being reported that Jason Chafetz's congressional business cards have his Gmail address on them.

We should start a petition for the FBI to get all of his emails so we can see if he's mishandled Classified Information.

CCS

Banned
Hehe, good idea. I made one for each convention:

rKj6qQ1.jpg

gikPdPr.jpg

Of course, the map is still St. Louis, but that would be way too much effort for me to bother with!

Excellent work :)

The GOP are incapable of taking a win properly, thank god for that.

KingK

I thought Democrats had control of the Senate after 2010 midterm elections even though they barely controlled it. In 2012 they added a few more seats. Maybe I might of been too conservative with my prediction I hadn't really looked at the poll numbers for Wisconsin or new Hampshire.
The House isn't flipping but it's very possible for the Senate.

If you decide not to vote for president because you don't live in a swing state that's fine, but you should at least still vote for the local/downballot positions. And I would recommend writing someone in as opposed to not voting as a form of protest vote.

Bowdz

So, it's being reported that Jason Chafetz's congressional business cards have his Gmail address on them.

We should start a petition for the FBI to get all of his emails so we can see if he's mishandled Classified Information.

It was mentioned during the hearing that Congress people are not subject to the same laws as the executive branch. The Dems made a point of saying that during the hearing. One even said they wanted to introduce legislation that would bind Congress to the same laws and restrictions as the executive branch but that the GOP would shoot it down.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
The House isn't flipping but it's very possible for the Senate.

If you decide not to vote for president because you don't live in a swing state that's fine, but you should at least still vote for the local/downballot positions. And I would recommend writing someone in as opposed to not voting as a form of protest vote.

I live in New Jersey my vote is almost worthless anyway and I live in a heavy Republican area. I almost always vote Democrat expect for a couple of times that I regret. It's hard to get excited for this election when I don't like either candidate and usually I'm pumped up for presidential elections.

If it's Newt, then it's Warren. It would be criminal to deny the world that battle.
If it's a "non-traditional" or another person with low experience, I do hope she takes Perez. That would be a Palin-level gamble in any typical election, but, hey, might as well be bold if Trump wants to shoot himself in both feet at the same time.

Wilsongt

RNC speakers list is delayed because thy still haven't found enough people willing to speak. lol

Get Kim Davis to speak.

At least point, Republicans know they are fucked, but I don't think they care. They might lose the Senate, but still hold onto the house. They will continue to do what they did to Obama and just not do anything except probes and repeal the ACA. If you can win, just be obstructive and ineffectual and then blame Hillary for not going bringing unity.

So, is it confirmed that the House is gonna ask for a perjury investigation now, or was that just Chaffetz saying he wanted to, but nothing has happened yet? Because, I got jokes to make on Facebook, but they gotta be accurate, you know?

hawk2025

If I had a pretty sister, I would say she's beautiful. How is that creepy? I understand Trump's comments a while back being creepy, but this is ridiculous.

Are you serious?

Your first reply to whether or not your sister can run as a VP would be "she's got the beautiful looks"?

sphagnum

Banned
If I had a pretty sister, I would say she's beautiful. How is that creepy? I understand Trump's comments a while back being creepy, but this is ridiculous.

It's weird that his first instinct when asked if Ivanka should be VP is "She looks good."

thcsquad

Anyone else disappointed that Al Franken isnt spitting more fire about the election on Twitter? I assume he would be great at it, but his two account feeds are mostly boring stuff about how great his constituents are.

I read something in one of the recent vp articles about him that said this is because the Hillary campaign is keeping him on a leash. What would be the reason for that?

sphagnum

Banned
Anyone else disappointed that Al Franken isnt spitting more fire about the election on Twitter? I assume he would be great at it, but his two account feeds are mostly boring stuff about how great his constituents are.

I read something in one of the recent vp articles about him that said this is because the Hillary campaign is keeping him on a leash. What would be the reason for that?

He seems to be fairly reserved in general ever since becoming a Senator. I think he just wants to be taken seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom