• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Anyone else disappointed that Al Franken isnt spitting more fire about the election on Twitter? I assume he would be great at it, but his two account feeds are mostly boring stuff about how great his constituents are.

I read something in one of the recent vp articles about him that said this is because the Hillary campaign is keeping him on a leash. What would be the reason for that?

Could be they don't want Trump turning to him and hitting him on being a comedian on SNL. It'd undercut the message that the Dems are totally serious and the GOP is a straight up clowncar dumpster fire. Now you and I know he's incredibly intelligent, but good luck explaining that to some random dude in Texas.

Emarv

My main problem with the Ivanka comments isn't the incestual nature of them, but the possible sexist ones. When commenting on someone's qualifications, your first point shouldn't be how hot she is. Yeah he followed up with "she's smart smart smart smart" or whatever, but geez. Way to keep up the idea that women foremost must be beautiful.

I have two sisters.

This is super weird. Deeply weird. To say nothing of the fact that it's not a VP qualification.

You mean there's no swimsuit competition?

Fuck. I wanted to see Newt in ... Actually, never mind. I regret this joke. Someone get me brain bleach.

Owzers

My main problem with the Ivanka comments isn't the incestual nature of them, but the possible sexist ones. When commenting on someone's qualifications, your first point shouldn't be how hot she is. Yeah he followed up with "she's smart smart smart smart" or whatever, but geez. Way to keep up the idea that women foremost must be beautiful.

What if he said she's smart and hot hot hot hot?

sphagnum

Banned
You mean there's no swimsuit competition?

Fuck. I wanted to see Newt in ... Actually, never mind. I regret this joke. Someone get me brain bleach.

Too late.

5mlV1kR.jpg

Well we saw that with his remarks about Fiorina and Rosie O'Donnell. Hinted at them being ugly and in the instance of O'Donnell a "cow".

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If it's Newt, then it's Warren. It would be criminal to deny the world that battle.
If it's a "non-traditional" or another person with low experience, I do hope she takes Perez. That would be a Palin-level gamble in any typical election, but, hey, might as well be bold if Trump wants to shoot himself in both feet at the same time.

THIS. Oh man that would be must see TV.

CCS

Banned
Christie not getting the job is hilarious.

Newt v Warren will be even more hilarious.

DUMPSTER FIRE POWER: OVER 9000

Effect

His first reaction, in a question that has absolutely nothing to do with looks, is to bring that up.

It's weird.

Don't they also do it fairly often as well? It feels like it. Like said it's that it's the first thing he said in addition to how often they talk about her like that.

Goodstyle

His first reaction, in a question that has absolutely nothing to do with looks, is to bring that up.

It's weird.

My thoughts as well. In another context, sure, but after a question like that? It's odd, especially in light of... questionable comments has father made about his sister before.

User1608

Banned
The tragic part, and we all know this, is Obama is right racism will never go away, especially on an institutional level. It may get better, but as long as humans exist with different skin pigmentation, it will always be there.

Yeah but Comey said Gmail is more secure than Clinton's server!

Take that liberals!

"And son, part of being a man is wanting to fuck Ivanka."

What pisses me off if that Congress can send confidential information via Gmail all day because this law doesn't apply to them.

studyguy

"How is your mom doing these days"
"Oh she's hot"

"I need to hire a new VP of finance, any candidates"
"Well my sister's a fox"

So what asset can you bring to the company they said before hiring and I told them I looked damn good in the mirror this morning.

Totally works my man ;)

Tarkus

It's weird.
He's repeating what Bob Corker just said about his sister in a confirmatory manner. "I don't know if I've met a more composed, brilliant and beautiful in every way person."

It wasn't a question about her being VP. They were asking for a response to the Corker comment above. No one watched the video obviously. Shocking /s

Iolo

He's repeating what Bob Corker just said about his sister in a confirmatory manner. "I don't know if I've met a more composed, brilliant and beautiful in every way person."

It wasn't a question about her being VP. They were asking for a response to the Corker comment above. No one watched the video obviously. Shocking /s

Sorry Missy... I mean, Mom.

Cross posting this.

Want to read two of the emails that were classified?

https://foia.state.gov/searchapp/DO...-2015-08637HCE10/DOC_0C05796118/C05796118.pdf

(C) Purpose of Call: To offer condolences on the passing of President Mutharika and congratulate President Banda on her recent swearing in.

https://foia.state.gov/searchapp/DOCUMENTS/HRCEmail_NovWeb/267/DOC_0C05791537/C05791537.pdf
(C) Purpose of Call: Joint Special Envoy (JSE) Kofi Annan has requested to speak with you. On August 2, UN Secretary General Ban announced that Annan has decided not to renew his mandate after it expires August 31.

Bowdz

Cross posting this.

https://foia.state.gov/searchapp/DO...-2015-08637HCE10/DOC_0C05796118/C05796118.pdf

(C) Purpose of Call: To offer condolences on the passing of President Mutharika and congratulate President Banda on her recent swearing in.

https://foia.state.gov/searchapp/DOCUMENTS/HRCEmail_NovWeb/267/DOC_0C05791537/C05791537.pdf
(C) Purpose of Call: Joint Special Envoy (JSE) Kofi Annan has requested to speak with you. On August 2, UN Secretary General Ban announced that Annan has decided not to renew his mandate after it expires August 31.

THE TRAITOROUS LIES OF KILLARY CLINTON MUST COME TO AN END!!!! SHE JEOPARDIZED OUR NATIONAL SECURITY!!!!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

There were three qualities mentioned in that statement, and Eric Trump chose to start with looks. *shrug*

ampere

Cross posting this.

Why isn't she in jail yet? Obviously this is an attempt at revealing US secrets to China

Bowdz

So, is it confirmed that the House is gonna ask for a perjury investigation now, or was that just Chaffetz saying he wanted to, but nothing has happened yet? Because, I got jokes to make on Facebook, but they gotta be accurate, you know?

I'm pretty sure Fox News said in the last hour that Chaffetz's office had already officially out in the request.

User1608

Banned
As an Iraq war veteran, I take Donald Trump's latest piece of bile personally. This man, by virtue of his electoral victories, is a serious candidate for President of the United States.
-
But in his admiration of Saddam Hussein, Donald Trump has crossed a previously inviolate line: praising the leadership of an enemy combatant directly responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American service members. Some of these service members, as well as the thousands who gave their lives in the years after Saddam Husseinm met his own deserved end, were my friends. All of them were ten times the men and women that Trump could ever hope to be.
https://m.facebook.com/SethMoultonForCongress/photos/a.270602479745362.1073741828.269499756522301/695745630564376/?type=3&source=48
My congressman is awesome. From earlier today.
Maybe we'll all end up looking like Brazilians.

I could go for that.
We'll hate each other over something else equally as or even more petty sadly, in that case. But yeah, seconded!

hawk2025

I mean, if you think that's a reasonable, non-creepy reaction to that statement, you do you.

I personally would never lead with that when talking about a sibling, but ok -- confirmatory or not.

mackaveli

Cross posting this.

You should make a thread about this. Shit is ridiculous.

pigeon

Banned

Even if you came up to me and said "your sister is very hot" there is no way I would respond "she IS super hot."

SO WEIRD

Tarkus

Even if you came up to me and said "your sister is very hot" there is no way I would respond "she IS super hot."

SO WEIRD
Calling your sister beautiful =/= calling her hot. Stahp.

I mean, if you think that's a reasonable, non-creepy reaction to that statement, you do you.

I personally would never lead with that when talking about a sibling, but ok -- confirmatory or not.
I wouldn't lead in with it either, but calling it creepy in that context is reaching a bit.

Anyway, move along. Let's not give this nonsense twitch reaction article anymore thought please.

Fuck...my eyes are burning...

Burning like Newt's pasty rolls of pure hatred masquerading as human flesh. This image does have one good use though; I can put it on my fridge as a reminder that if I don't take care of myself, I'll probably look even worse when I'm that age. It's my chilling portent of things to come to remind myself to eat kale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom