• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

It's cool, guys. I think all of your sisters are hot!

trumpeyebrows.gif

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
" JUST IN: Chaffetz office confirms to msnbc he's asking FBI for a NEW investigation of Clinton, on if she lied to Congress about email."

This time they'll get her!

But I thought this whole investigation was only about breaches to national security?

It's almost as if Republicans were after Clinton the whole time!

Revolver

He's repeating what Bob Corker just said about his sister in a confirmatory manner. "I don't know if I've met a more composed, brilliant and beautiful in every way person."

It wasn't a question about her being VP. They were asking for a response to the Corker comment above. No one watched the video obviously. Shocking /s

And then Corker probably implied that Harold Ford was out to hook up with her. I'll never forget him playing that crap.

Cross posting this.

Want to read two of the emails that were classified?

https://foia.state.gov/searchapp/DO...-2015-08637HCE10/DOC_0C05796118/C05796118.pdf

(C) Purpose of Call: To offer condolences on the passing of President Mutharika and congratulate President Banda on her recent swearing in.

https://foia.state.gov/searchapp/DOCUMENTS/HRCEmail_NovWeb/267/DOC_0C05791537/C05791537.pdf
(C) Purpose of Call: Joint Special Envoy (JSE) Kofi Annan has requested to speak with you. On August 2, UN Secretary General Ban announced that Annan has decided not to renew his mandate after it expires August 31.

SHE DID THIS IS AWFUL SHE DID IT THROW HER IN FOR LIFE

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
More or less nothing. They started an investigation, then stopped to avoid interfering with the FBI. Now it continues, and will all but certainly result in nothing notable happening.

shem935

Banned

Cross posting.

Yeah, to those freaking out, the case seems to be this: the State Dept started their (State) probe back when this email stuff began. Once the FBI started their (FBI) probe, State decided that, in order to not step on FBIs toes, they would postpone their (State) probe. Now that FBI is done with their (FBI) probe, State will finish doing their due diligence. This doesn't seem to be some continuation of the partisan witch hunt. Just the natural conclusion of the State Dept taking care of their lax email policies. Don't freak out.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
There's one thing from the Comey inquisition today that I hope is reported way more in the media.

Comey said (more than once I think) that if one of his staffers did something like this, under the worst case scenario of "extreme carelessness" (ignoring the possibility of criminal intent), they would be either suspended, fired, or have their security clearance permanently removed. None of which include actual criminal prosecution.

Someone on my wall just said they were surprised that 'they' hadn't killed Bernie yet.

I was like... erm... why would someone kill Bernie at this point? They told me to 'wise up'. I genuinely had no idea who the fuck they were talking about.

Apparently it's the Oligarchy. With a capital O. "The Corporate system, the fake media, the real loyalty of the politicians, Wall St., big Oil, private health insurance, the Fed, the military industrial complex..."

I should really just block this guy, but I hate to block people.

There's one thing from the Comey inquisition today that I hope is reported way more in the media.

Comey said (more than once I think) that if one of his staffers did something like this, under the worst case scenario of "extreme carelessness" (ignoring the possibility of criminal intent), they would be either suspended, fired, or have their security clearance permanently removed. None of which include actual criminal prosecution.

He also said, that if they no longer worked for the agency where they had classified access that they would be treated exactly as Clinton has.

Boke1879

Has Trump said anything about these shootings?

I sincerely hope not. As much as I love Trump incriminating himself this isn't a particular topic I want to hear him rant about. It would only anger me. He would only make up some baseless shit just to peddle to his base.

Is any of the "new media" any good? I've seen some good opinion pieces from, say, Vox, and I think the Guardian is a great resource but other than that I haven't really appreciated the quality of writing or the excessive editorialization sweeping the web.

Also, picture from a Confederate rally in Stone Valley (src: Shaun King). White man with a gun given unending patience.

11826055_900819319956987_2510234698297879509_n.jpg

pigeon

Banned
Someone on my wall just said they were surprised that 'they' hadn't killed Bernie yet.

I was like... erm... why would someone kill Bernie at this point? They told me to 'wise up'. I genuinely had no idea who the fuck they were talking about.

Apparently it's the Oligarchy. With a capital O. "The Corporate system, the fake media, the real loyalty of the politicians, Wall St., big Oil, private health insurance, the Fed, the military industrial complex..."

I should really just block this guy, but I hate to block people.

He also said, that if they no longer worked for the agency where they had classified access that they would be treated exactly as Clinton has.

You should point out that Bernie's behavior changed abruptly. Maybe they did kill him and they just replaced him.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Is any of the "new media" any good? I've seen some good opinion pieces from, say, Vox, and I think the Guardian is a great resource but other than that I haven't really appreciated the quality of writing or the excessive editorialization sweeping the web.

The Guardian's not new media, it was founded in 1818 by a group of radical Chartists and helped spark the Peterloo Massacre in 1821. It's older than every national US paper except the New York Post. :p Unless by new media you just mean "has stuff online not behind a paywall", in which case there's tonnes of good stuff in loads of places.

MOSCOW — An American foreign-policy adviser to Donald Trump chided the United States on Thursday for an “often-hypocritical focus on democratization, inequality, corruption and regime change” in its dealings with Russia, China and Central Asia.

Carter Page, an energy executive tapped by the presumptive Republican nominee’s campaign for his business experience in the former Soviet Union, told students and journalists gathered in a Moscow lecture hall that Washington had missed opportunities to work with leaders such as Russia’s Vladimir Putin and China’s Xi Jinping because it had ignored principles of “respect, equality and mutual benefit.”

Page’s remarks put him, like Trump, at sharp odds with the Obama administration and traditional Republican policy circles, which have viewed Russia in more adversarial terms over the war in Syria, the conflict in Ukraine and other issues. The bilateral relationship has soured to Cold War-era levels in recent years.

Page refused to comment specifically on the U.S. presidential election, his relationship with Trump or U.S. sanctions against Russia, saying he was in Russia as a “private citizen.” He gave a lecture titled “The Evolution of the World Economy: Trends and Potential,” in which he noted that Russia and China had achieved success in Central Asia, unlike the United States, by pursuing a respectful foreign policy based on mutual interest.

He generally avoided questions on U.S. foreign policy, but when one attendee asked him whether he really believed the United States was a “liberal, democratic society,” Page told him to “read between the lines.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...4a3d60-4380-11e6-a76d-3550dba926ac_story.html

Trump's Russia adviser is fucking hilarious. China and Russia are respectful?

Also, this reporter is brain dead:

Trump has not outlined a specific policy concerning Russia and the former Soviet Union, but he is broadly noninterventionist, questioning the need for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and calling for Europe to play a larger role in ensuring its security.

Yeah, Trump has called for invading and occupying Iraq and Syria while we drill for their oil, but sure.

Page wrote that the war in eastern Ukraine was “precipitated by U.S. meddling in the Maidan revolution,” a reference to the 2014 demonstrations that led to the ouster of President Viktor Yanukovych. U.S. officials have accused Russia of orchestrating the subsequent annexation of Crimea and of backing pro-Moscow separatists in eastern Ukraine.

Why can't more countries be respectful of presidents that use snipers against their own citizens? :(

The Guardian's not new media, it was founded in 1818 by a group of radical Chartists and helped spark the Peterloo Massacre in 1821. It's older than every national US paper except the New York Post. :p Unless by new media you just mean "has stuff online not behind a paywall", in which case there's tonnes of good stuff in loads of places.
Wow, I had no idea. Thank you for this tidbit. Being American I didn't know the Guardian was ever print and just associated them with the Prism story when that broke, so that was a bad assumption on my part. I don't mind paywalls, actually, I can afford a subscription. Just looking for a single, good source so I don't have to scavenge a few just to feel "rounded".

Wilsongt

Wow, I had no idea. Thank you for this tidbit. Being American I didn't know the Guardian was ever print and just associated them with the Prism story when that broke, so that was a bad assumption on my part. I don't mind paywalls, actually, I can afford a subscription. Just looking for a single, good source so I don't have to scavenge a few just to feel "rounded".

What got you juniored?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom