• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on Hassan for tying Ayotte and Trump together but she's gotta do more on that than just abortion.
I think she tailored her speech to local issues in New Hampshire. His Muslim ban and the the Wall are the worst but I think abortion and women rights' issues resonate more with the electorate there.

Holmes

Jeanne Shaheen comes off to me as the sort of person that, wherever you go in New Hampshire, she'd say "I know a family member/friend here." She's full of New Hampshire stories.

So is Bernie going to drop here because he has to officially drop to get the speaker slot right?

He cannot be an active candidate and get a primetime slot, right. I'm not sure what he actually has to do to be considered no longer active, though. From a DNC rules perspective, at least.

kingkitty

Earlier I was cynical about Christie's vp chances...but I'm sensing momentum. Newt seems dead in the water. That general doesn't really fit with what Trump is supposedly looking for in a vp candidate. Christie is close. I can feel it.

Buying Trump all those mcdonald value meals might finally pay off.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Trump has been doing pretty good since last Thurs. I'm telling you, this is neo-Trump. This election is not over.
Think about it this way: Hillary just had a god awful week, while Trump managed to not have any big fuckups, and she's still up by 3 points.

pigeon

Banned
What did Flynn say in a interview that would making him a nogo for vp?

Couple days ago he said he's pro-choice.

Apparently he said a bunch of insane things today also, but just being pro-choice makes him a no go as GOP VP. People are already doubtful of Trump's commitment to Sparkle Motion as it is.

HylianTom

Banned
I have to be honest.. I'm taken aback at RBG on Trump. Wowza.

CNN: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Trump: 'He is a faker,' should share tax returns
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/12/politics/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-donald-trump-faker/index.html

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's well-known candor was on display in her chambers late Monday, when she declined to retreat from her earlier criticism of Donald Trump and even elaborated on it.

"He is a faker," she said of the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, going point by point, as if presenting a legal brief. "He has no consistency about him. He says whatever comes into his head at the moment. He really has an ego. ... How has he gotten away with not turning over his tax returns? The press seems to be very gentle with him on that."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom