• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Andrea Mitchell just said she can confirm the Times article, that she has been told the Admiral has been vetted

Okay, my bad then.

In that case, I guess it's just Hillary preparing for every possibility. I really hope she doesn't pick him, because that seems like a straight up stupid move. But Hill loves to overprepare.

Okay, my bad then.

In that case, I guess it's just Hillary preparing for every possibility. I really hope she doesn't pick him, because that seems like a straight up stupid move. But Hill loves to overprepare.

I wonder if it's more of a push to send Trump towards his military pick because they would rather him than Pence or Newt (for some reason.)

Finally, it's over, now let's turn to the Republican platform battle:

Pro-Israel activist decries two-state solution. Gets standing O.
#GOPplatform

Hoff just offered amdmt to test: “just how far this committee is willing to go to avoid a single positive reference to the LGBT community”

Delegate Jim Bopp of Indiana responded saying Republicans reject "identity politics."

(In response to saying "ISIS targets gay people")

Platform committee votes to strip LGBT language in favor of 'All lives matter.' Amendment is approved.

CnLA68NVIAEkvv9.jpg

It's going well.

pigeon

Banned
I wonder if it's more of a push to send Trump towards his military pick because they would rather him than Pence or Newt (for some reason.)

Too many chess dimensions.

I doubt anybody thinks they can predict Trump's decision making process enough to influence it, and even so, why bother playing games when Trump is so far behind? The best thing to do when you're firmly in the lead is nothing stupid.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I doubt anybody thinks they can predict Trump's decision making process enough to influence it, and even so, why bother playing games when Trump is so far behind? The best thing to do when you're firmly in the lead is nothing stupid.

Eh, they lose nothing by giving it a shot. Plus if it works then they know they can mess with him every now and again.

29 for Trump seems not good.

you could argue that 41 for Clinton isn't either.

My guess, is that those "undecided" people probably don't like Clinton, but they wouldn't ever vote for Trump.

So you could either see a really low turnout voter wise, lots of "others", or a large swath of people swinging to Clinton near the end of the race simply because she is "the lesser of two evils".

If people were going to vote Trump over Clinton, they would have decided that by now. I can't see much swing of undecided people going to Trump later in the race when shit gets real and debates are actually happening.

you could argue that 41 for Clinton isn't either.

My guess, is that those "undecided" people probably don't like Clinton, but they wouldn't ever vote for Trump.

So you could either see a really low turnout voter wise, lots of "others", or a large swath of people swinging to Clinton near the end of the race simply because she is "the lesser of two evils".

41 is still in the standard range of where Trump and Hillary have usually been in the polls.

29 is Crying Jordan tier.

But, it's not like you're actually doing anything. Vetting isn't an ultra finite resource. I'm sure they didn't not vet a real candidate in exchange for the Admiral. It's weird we never heard is name until Flynn got some traction.

Slayven

Anyone read the new Jeb interviiew?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-a-major-league-sad-about-the-2016-election/

The tragedy of this though is that there isn't going to be a wall built. And Mexico's not going to pay for it. And there's not going to be a ban on Muslims. None of that, this was all, like, a alternative universe that he created. The reality is that's not going to happen and people are going to be deeply frustrated and the divides will grow in our country. And this extraordinary country, still the greatest country on the face of the earth, will continue to stagger instead of soar. And that's the heartbreaking part of this is I think people are going to really feel betrayed.

I don't want to guarantee Hillary crushes Trump in the debates, but I'm genuinely stumped as to how he could possibly do well against her.

I will be very interested to hear how he does debate prep for her. My recollection is that he did very little prep for the primary debates. It wouldn't surprise me if he thinks he can wing it, or just do a half-assed job practicing. Or maybe he'll have some bizarre hail-Mary strategy.

Meanwhile I hope Hillary does multiple prep opponents, like maybe a tag-team of Biden, Barney Frank, and Al Franken, since no one can really be Trump but Trump.

Yeah credit where credit is due Bernie did great today. The past few months were rough but I'm back to where I was in January, glad he ran to pull Hilary more openly leftward (even if many of her positions were always lets see how feasibly leftward we can go) and give her some campaign prep

Holmes

btw you all need to think about this as more than just moving polling numbers - it's also (and equally!) about getting more volunteers and donations from people who were already on board but not to that degree.

Jeb (maybe accidentally) implying it's a tragedy that there won't be a wall built or Muslims banned sure demonstrates why he's an all-time bad politician.

I saw it more as a not-so-blatant Brexit comparison, since as we all know, Farage and Boris have been backpedalling their campaign promises.

Jeb is saying that Trump has focused his campaign on promises he couldn't keep.

Holmes

Meh. Never like seeing disloyalty rewarded. A snake will always be a snake, and in a year or two I'd expect Sanders to begin shitting on President Hillary.
I have a different opinion than you. Well, first, I don't think Sanders was ever even loyal to Clinton so... yeah. Anyway, he did run a good campaign, and did get about 13 million votes. Yes, Clinton beat him comfortably, but Sanders energized people and brought more people into the process, so their voices and concerns deserved to be heard. Sanders deemed that they were, so he endorsed and vowed to work for Democrats in the fall. I think that's fair. Ultimately, it's Hillary Clinton at the top of the ticket and that's who people will be voting for.

Wilsongt

The Trump shitflow has started!

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump – Verified account ‏@realDonaldTrump

To all the Bernie voters who want to stop bad trade deals & global special interests, we welcome you with open arms. People first.

Emarv

Ended up napping through the endorsement but had the tv loud enough to hear. Had some gnarly Kev-level political dreams. Suffice it to say the climax had me having a knife fight with Kevin Nash when he found out I was a progressive.

Thanks a lot, Bernie.

One unusual finding in the poll is that Trump leads among voters under 50 years old in Iowa. In Monmouth polls conducted nationally and in other states, Clinton has held an advantage with younger voters. Specifically, 51% of Iowa voters under age 50 currently support Trump, compared to 32% for Clinton, 7% for Johnson, and 3% for Stein or another candidate. Among voters age 50 and older, Clinton has the edge with 50% support, compared to 38% for Trump, 4% for Johnson and 1% for Stein or another candidate.

That's kind of weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom