• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
She just made a number of fairly significant leftward policy shifts; getting a military VP, projecting strength at a point where the American public as a whole is increasingly nervous about foreign affairs, isn't a bad idea.

Right, because Hillary is already so far left on foreign policy and needs a hawk to balance things out.

Wilsongt

H. A. Goodman
H. A. Goodman – ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR

We all love Bernie Sanders, but there's a truly remarkable woman in the race named @DrJillStein THE MOVEMENT LIVES, STRONGER THAN EVER.
10:15 AM - 12 Jul 2016
61 RETWEETS100 LIKES

That pivot to Stein.

"Hillary guilty of purjury. Jill Stein wins."

"Please hang on, Jill. Indictment incoming on Clinton Foundation."

" Jill Stein is the only one who can beat Trump. Here's why."

A military person as her VP is not what the left wants to see.
out of all the Presidential candidates in recent history, she doesn't need to pick one like that. She is supposed to be the most experienced in Foreign Affairs.

Hillary should get a policy wonk as Veep who will be good at sharing the work load on domestic issues.

Right, because Hillary is already so far left on foreign policy and needs a hawk to balance things out.

Setting aside that military does not necessarily equal hawk, yeah; solidifying the perception that she's got a strong (read: militaristic) foreign policy outlook isn't the worst thing in the world right now. It's a big part of why Trump hasn't benefited much/at all from the instability.

H. A. Goodman
H. A. Goodman – ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR

We all love Bernie Sanders, but there's a truly remarkable woman in the race named @DrJillStein THE MOVEMENT LIVES, STRONGER THAN EVER.
10:15 AM - 12 Jul 2016
61 RETWEETS100 LIKES

That pivot to Stein.

"Hillary guilty of purjury. Jill Stein wins."

"Please hang on, Jill. Indictment incoming on Clinton Foundation."

" Jill Stein is the only one who can beat Trump. Here's why."

It's kind of amusing how much H.A. Goodman pretends to like Bernie Sanders, when in actuality he's just another of his many vessels through which he voices anti-Hillary sentiment. Jill Stein will be his next one.

Wilsongt

It's kind of amusing how much H.A. Goodman pretends to like Bernie Sanders, when in actuality he's just another of his many vessels through which he voices anti-Hillary sentiment. Jill Stein will be his next one.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/jill-stein-no-bernie-sanders-endorsement-225417

If you don't want to vote for a war monger or racist billionaire, there are more options. The political revolution will keep going," Stein tweeted in the hour preceding Sanders' announcement alongside Clinton in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

In another tweet, Stein wrote, "While Trump praises dictators, Hillary takes their money. Remind us again of Saudi Arabia's human rights record?"
As Sanders began speaking, Stein offered her own hashtags to disaffected Bernie backers. "The revolution continues with those who will fight for a government that represents all of us--not just the 1%. #HillNo #JillYes," Stein wrote.

People are so Anti-Hillary they are just so willing to throw the election to the tangerine toupee. And then they won't even blame themselves for being petulent children.

Anecdotally, it seems to have moved over the last rational holdouts in my Facebook feed. the only haters left are chemtrail-believing-loose-change-watchers

The dude was a Rand Paul supporter as late as 2013! That's just about as far as you can go, ideologically. Hahaha was never a supporter of anyone's policy; he's just a visible example of people who vote based on personality alone.

Holmes

#ImWithHerFeelABern
tumblr_inline_o4kvcvKqj81tb0ry4_500.gif

Jeb (maybe accidentally) implying it's a tragedy that there won't be a wall built or Muslims banned sure demonstrates why he's an all-time bad politician.
It's true it's not a good way to say it, but it's intellectually dishonest to say that's what he was implying. He's saying it's a tragedy that people are being sold things that will never happen and that will divide the country further.

But I understand your point that a better politician would say it in a way that couldn't be misconstrued.

Excellent.

Incidentally, I saw someone (presumably) get mixed up and call Bernie an old coon for endorsing Clinton. Fairly sure they got the wrong word there.
I know someone who keeps thinking of Ben Carson when I am talking about Bernie Sanders, so maybe?

spock

Just thought I would drop some anecdotal notes from here in NH. I'm really starting to get a little concerned with Trump support. More and more people seems to be backing this fucking guy. Its also sad/funny/shadey a chunk of it is closest support. Some folks will make a certain comment about Trump or against Hillary to see where you stand before they start talking more positively about Trump. Next thing you know theres going to be some kind of secret handshake or some shit, lol.

But yea folks, these closet Trump supporters are real and should not be taken lightly. I have a feeling there numbers are larger than folks anticipate.

Clinton + 7, Bennet +6 in Colorado

who's poll

Just thought I would drop some anecdotal notes from here in NH. I'm really starting to get a little concerned with Trump support. More and more people seems to be backing this fucking guy. Its also sad/funny/shadey a chunk of it is closest support. Some folks will make a certain comment about Trump or against Hillary to see where you stand before they start talking more positively about Trump. Next thing you know theres going to be some kind of secret handshake or some shit, lol.

But yea folks, these closet Trump supporters are real and should not be taken lightly. I have a feeling there numbers are larger than folks anticipate.

Depends where you live. I'm in Mass and literally I see Trump signs everywhere, but that's because of the region and ethnic population (WHITE PEOPLE)

While I'm sure the Bradley Effect applies with Trump, a lot of the polls show Hillary only having to get at least 20% of undecideds to make Trump unable to get the popular vote.

Obviously it's the electoral votes that matter, but we all know that Ds have the advantage in the electoral college.

Diablos

Holy shit. Bernie finally does it. Not sure why he won't drop out formally, but ok dude.

Guns at the RNC in protest -- BAD IDEA. I really hope nothing crazy happens.

Wtf @ Iowa polling. I wish Johnson and Stein weren't on the ballot, anywhere.

spock

While I'm sure the Bradley Effect applies with Trump, a lot of the polls show Hillary only having to get at least 20% of undecideds to make Trump unable to get the popular vote.

Obviously it's the electoral votes that matter, but we all know that Ds have the advantage in the electoral college.

Thats my hope. I was a Bernie fan but no way I'm voting for Trump and I try to move people away from him (carefully) when I can. I just honestly dont like this growing support. It is indeed white folks. Also I notice theres this strong negative association between Hillary and military (nothing new and most know why). This seems to be one of the talking points the Trump supporters really like to stand on while ignoring everything else.

I forgot to mention these are past Obama voters which is what really has been making me take notice.

Jorah Sanders

Jorah doesn't work though.

I'm leaning towards "Grey (Haired) Worm", because Khaleesi was thought to be a sellout in Astopor, but instead ended up getting Unsullied support by taking a progressive platform on slavery.

Thats my hope. I was a Bernie fan but no way I'm voting for Trump and I try to move people away from him (carefully) when I can. I just honestly dont like this growing support. It is indeed white folks. Also I notice theres this strong negative association between Hillary and military (nothing new and most know why). This seems to be one of the talking points the Trump supporters really like to stand on while ignoring everything else.

I forgot to mention these are past Obama voters which is what really has been making me take notice.

If you are having trouble with Obama voters, just focus on these things:

- Obama has endorsed Hillary and will be actively campaigning for her (and a popular sitting president doing that hasn't happened for a long time).

- Trump isn't just pretending to be a racist, but has been a racist since at least the 80s (inform them on the Central Park Five).

- Challenge them by asking if they are willing to tell minority groups to their face that they are voting for Trump. Basically, make them acknowledge that they know deep down inside they are giving the finger to minority groups by voting Trump.

For the ones that weren't Obama voters, don't focus on trying to convince them to vote Hillary. Focus on just convincing them to vote for Johnson. That's what I successfully did with my conservative mother.

I thought Bradley effect was only for White vs non-White candidates? And also, given that Obama won both his elections more or less in line with poll numbers I thought the entire notion of a "Bradley Affect" was discredited, or at least no longer true anymore.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I thought Bradley effect was only for White vs non-White candidates? And also, given that Obama won both his elections more or less in line with poll numbers I thought the entire notion of a "Bradley Affect" was discredited, or at least no longer true anymore.

Given Trump's blatant racism and the GOP's (supposed) willingness to fall in line, it wouldn't be shocking if it were a thing this time around. I'm not sure it will be, but I wouldn't discount it out of hand.

I was screaming yesterday listening to NPR about a 28 year old female Trump supporter from a swing Pennsylvania county. Her parents are lifelong democrats and this lady thinks Trump has the right mindset about terrorism. Like no one is doing anything about it but at least Trump is serious. And that he was fiscal conservative and pro-life. And what about his racist stuff, well, she called him "intense at times". I wanted to strangle somebody after hearing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom