• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

I don't know if she would actually recuse herself if that scenario came to pass.

Also, #itshappening

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/752955749953921026

tumblr_nuh7kzcC971rgddu0o1_400.gif

Trump decided that Flynn's ranting about how Venezuela was about to nuke us was too confusing because Trump doesn't know where Venezuela is. So Trump goes with Newt.

Newt Gingrich just said on Hannity that Republicans are not present in the conversation about violence against black people and thus don't really have any legitimacy in the discussion.

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/752955749953921026
@brianstelter
"Fox News Channel has mutually agreed to suspend its contributor agreement" with Newt Gingrich "effective immediately." Story TK.

Coincidence?

Jk, it's because Newt's the pick.

So if Trump goes with Newt. Does that raise her chances of picking Warren? Or is that wishful thinking?

Warren is the only person on the shortlist who can spit fire and call out Newt

I think she would be a lock if he picks Newt, all women ticket vs Trump and fucking Newt

holy shit

Looking at this list, it's also no wonder the Whigs died out. All their guys are at the bottom.

With a couple of exceptions, the presidents in the years leading up to the Civil War are poorly regarded. Negative opinions of Harrison are a little unfair, in that he wasn't really president for long enough to have much of a legacy. Tyler wasn't much of a supporter of the Whig agenda, he basically just joined the party because of his opposition to Andrew Jackson (this was one of the problems the Whigs had, in that they were more unified by their opposition to Democrats than by their support for anything). He had no base of support in Congress, but he did establish the precedent that the Vice President becomes the President (and not merely Acting President) upon a vacancy in the presidency.

One of the biggest factors in the Whig's collapse was their inability to offer a coherent position on slavery.

thebloo

W wasn't insane. He was just incompetent.

Is it odd that pretty much every that worked with him describes him as a smart man? I mean, yeah, you can't really go "POTUS is dumb as rocks", but a lot of people have anecdotally said he was not stupid at all.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Why did Ginsburg do that? Seriously a bush v gore scenario could be bad.

I think this is a peek into her confidence regarding November's outcome, but it doesn't at all make her comments any better.

RBG isn't so silly as to do this without really good cause, and without risk to the Court. I reluctantly conclude that she is either planning retirement or nearing death, more probably the latter. Can't see any other sane reason for it.

RBG isn't so silly as to do this without really good cause, and without risk to the Court. I reluctantly conclude that she is either planning retirement or nearing death, more probably the latter. Can't see any other sane reason for it.

Oh no, if Ruth dies before the election that would be unfortunate.

Geg

I remember people saying that Republicans were trying to discourage Trump from going with the general guy as his vp, but what did they think about Gingrich?

Is it odd that pretty much every that worked with him describes him as a smart man? I mean, yeah, you can't really go "POTUS is dumb as rocks", but a lot of people have anecdotally said he was not stupid at all.

I always got the impression W lacked intellectual curiosity rather than a median IQ. He wasn't a particularly scholarly or wonkish president and seemed unconcerned by that.

I remember people saying that Republicans were trying to discourage Trump from going with the general guy as his vp, but what did they think about Gingrich?

We've reached the point where "bottom of the barrel" is overselling the depth of the barrel.

Nobody is disputing that W was an awful President.

The issue stem from me calling him a "sane Republican" compared to those of today in terms of politics.

I really don't see how a case can be made otherwise.

Also, don't think this means anything regarding Newt as the VP. Don't read too much into it.

The issue stem from me calling him a "sane Republican" compared to those of today in terms of politics.

Also, don't think this means anything regarding Newt as the VP. Don't read too much into it.

why wouldn't it be? Newt has been on the shortlist for a while now, why would he just happen to suspend his relationship with FoxNews on the eve of Trumps VP announcement?

Newt just quit his job at Fox News and said that Trump is going to announce his VP tomorrow or the day after. I don't know how else to read that.

olympia

the rnc committee is hilariously awkward since it's made up a bunch of delegates who wear shit like sparkly red white and blue hats

So.. I don't know his history, but why is Newt seen as a poor VP pick?

-Disciplined for numerous ethics violations.
-Last 20 years of GOP politics after he was replaced as Speaker have been a series of Ben Carson esque scams. He still owes $4M in loans from his last presidential campaign.
-Divorced his wife for getting cancer, had numerous affairs.

Before getting into policy, he's just the fucking scummiest guy around.

Im really confused over Reuters

They have been having Clinton in the double digits for over a month now, they are extremely reliable iirc, why are they such an outlier?

Well, it's a tracking poll, so that means they ask the same ppl over and over again. *If* they got the sample wrong, then that explains why.

Jeels

Wow Newt gonna be going after a Clinton once again. He's going to be the attack dog and it will be like the 90's. There will be so much bullshit thrown.

I kind of want Clinton to pick Warren now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom