• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Well, it's a tracking poll, so that means they ask the same ppl over and over again. *If* they got the sample wrong, then that explains why.

A tracking poll doesn't mean they keep calling back the same people, it means that they take a small sample multiple times and keep publishing the rolling average.

Like the Gallup tracking poll only samples a few hundred people a day, but their topline figure is the 7-day rolling average.

This poll is actually not a tracking poll.

Dylan Byers from CNN Is saying that it doesn't mean he's the pick, just that the fact that he was being vetted was perceived as a conflict of interest by Fox News.

Crocodile

I couldn't watch the NH event but it seems to have gone well? That's encouraging to here :)

If its true Sanders still hasn't dropped that seems super weird to me though. He doesn't need the SS and he blocks himself from a convention speaking slot. The man does weird things.

As for this Newt VP news, IF TRUE

anigif_enhanced-29489-1407159049-4_preview.gif

Dylan Byers from CNN Is saying that it doesn't mean he's the pick, just that the fact that he was being vetted was perceived as a conflict of interest by Fox News.

Ah. Well back to Earth then.

Kusagari

He's been obviously vetted for weeks. Somehow it's a conflict of interest 2 days before the pick is to be announced?

Yeah, not buying it.

Emarv

I'm convinced Hillary sacrificed something to the Political Gods to get this election. Some Eyes Wide Shut behind the scenes ritual was done for her to get this ticket.

Newt Gingrich political positions:

-The president defying the Supreme Court is good if done for conservative principles and presidents should be able to dismantle courts they don't like. Judges should be subpoena'd for decisions the president doesn't like and should be arrested if they fail to comply.

-We should fire all janitors and replace them with child labor where children are paid with the lunches that we used to give them for free.

-Regime change is good.

-Taxes are bad.

It's hard to get a firm grasp on Newt's positions though since he hasn't had to vote on anything in decades and he changes his political statements by the day to appease whatever people he needs to appease. He clearly becomes crazier as the party does to stay within spheres of influence. He was pro cap and trade in 2007, he went from anti-TARP to pro-TARP within days. He's gone from anti-deportation and pro-trade to a Trump fluffer, etc.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm convinced Hillary sacrificed something to the Political Gods to get this election. Some Eyes Wide Shut behind the scenes ritual was done for her to get this ticket.

Nah, this is just the end result of the Southern Strategy. The GOP was always heading here, the fact that it's happening when they're facing their most hated enemy is what makes it truly magical.

Im really confused over Reuters

They have been having Clinton in the double digits for over a month now, they are extremely reliable iirc, why are they such an outlier?
Pollsters still haven't figured out the correct screens. This election is not a typical one. Trump complicates factors quite a bit and pollsters are having trouble identifying his base since the usual screens from 2012 dont seem to apply. I believe we will have better polling much later this election, probably after Labor Day.

Iolo

What are you guys talking about. Newt has been saying for days that the VP pick will come at the end of the week. Which it pretty much has to, considering the convention starts Monday! I could have predicted that, will I be VP?

There is zero reason to believe he's telegraphing the pick of himself as VP.

HylianTom

Banned
She's crawled through a 25-year tunnel of shit and has emerged a free, blessed woman.

Emarv

Don't think it's Newt, Fox just decided right now not to have him on air.

Farage to attend the GOP convention. Most twats in a room ever.

Honestly, this is one of my favorite possibilities. Fox suspends Newt because of possible VP things, meanwhile Lewandowski is on CNN every hour.

Clinton has asked Elizabeth Warren to speak at a primetime spot at the convention.

Currently, it's the first night but if she is selected as VP, it would obviously change.

Warren is getting a big stage.

Warren, Obama, Bill, Bernie, and Hillary all gonna get primetime speaking spots. I wonder if Biden is a bit on the outside looking in. Can they fit both him and Michelle!?!? Especially if Warren isn't the VP.

Emarv

Warren invited to speak on First Night at DNC convention, not later like usual VP picks. Still up in the air.

In an apparent sign that Senator Elizabeth Warren will not be named Hillary Clinton’s running mate, Ms. Warren was invited by Mrs. Clinton’s campaign on Tuesday to deliver a prime-time address on the first night of the Democratic convention this month — a marquee speaking slot but one that is earlier than vice-presidential picks typically appear.

Such nominees usually speak later in the convention week to build anticipation for the top of the ticket.

Two Democrats briefed on the invitation to Mrs. Warren, however, cautioned that Mrs. Clinton had not yet made a decision about a running mate and that asking Ms. Warren to take the stage on the first night did not preclude her from being tapped as the vice-presidential nominee.

Ms. Warren and other individuals who received invitations on Tuesday to address the Philadelphia convention were told that their speaking times were subject to change depending on who was selected for vice president, according to the two Democrats, one with ties to Mrs. Clinton and the other to Ms. Warren, who both spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss convention planning.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/13/us/politics/elizabeth-warren-hillary-clinton-vp.html

CnMLOX4XEAABKzD.jpg

"Mutually agreed" does not strike me as a normal suspension due to vetting.

"mutually agreed" is a nice way of saying "we suspended you."

Corporate speak and all that.

I'm not saying he's not the VP. Just saying this isn't some definite notice.

Honestly, if he was the VP choice for sure already, it would have leaked.

Warren invited to speak on First Night at DNC convention, not later like usual VP picks. Still up in the air.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/13/us/politics/elizabeth-warren-hillary-clinton-vp.html

As i mentioned, it was sent with a notice saying her or anyone's slot night be moved once the VP pick is made.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Clinton has asked Elizabeth Warren to speak at a primetime spot at the convention.

Currently, it's the first night but if she is selected as VP, it would obviously change.

Warren is getting a big stage.

Warren, Obama, Bill, Bernie, and Hillary all gonna get primetime speaking spots. I wonder if Biden is a bit on the outside looking in. Can they fit both him and Michelle!?!? Especially if Warren isn't the VP.

What if Biden is the VP?

Iolo

Honestly, this is one of my favorite possibilities. Fox suspends Newt because of possible VP things, meanwhile Lewandowski is on CNN every hour.

Yes, that is hilarious.

I don't understand why Fox would suspend him ahead of time. There's no need to do so until he is actually chosen, no matter what "intense speculation" is going on.

Yes, that is hilarious.

I don't understand why Fox would suspend him ahead of time. There's no need to do so until he is actually chosen, no matter what "intense speculation" is going on.

Probably because they want to avoid some legal things. There's probably something on the books somewhere guiding them.

Newt would be a hilarious choice...but then again so would all the other ones...

I'd love it to be Ivanka, though.

David Duke says he is getting ready to run for Congress.

The former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan and ex-candidate for Louisiana governor told The Daily Beast he is heavily leaning towards challenging Rep. Steve Scalise. Scalise is the No. 3 Republican in the House who reportedly once called himself “David Duke without the baggage” and spoke at a white nationalist group that Duke founded.

“I’ve very seriously set up an exploratory committee to run for the United States Congress against Steve Scalise,” Duke said. “I expect to make a decision in a few days” ahead of the July 22 ballot deadline.

Jesus Christ.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...st-the-republican-who-spoke-to-his-group.html

Holy fucking shit. There's going to be an actual white supremacist running for Congress the Dems can use to tar and feather the whole fucking party. What the hell did Hillary do in a past life to deserve this?

Um. She's had a really rough 25 years. This is her reward.

Holy fucking shit. There's going to be an actual white supremacist running for Congress the Dems can use to tar and feather the whole fucking party. What the hell did Hillary do in a past life to deserve this?
Free the slaves, probably.

New head canon, Hillary is the reincarnation of Abe Lincoln.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom