• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1608

Banned
That was my reaction when I first saw it. Now that I know what it's supposed to be I don't see the swastika similarities as much.

Frankly I've been freaking out about the fascist tendencies of Trump the last few days so I'm primed to see something.
Hah, glad to see I wasn't alone!

And yes, this is such a shitty, hilarious logo. Befitting of two jokes not knowing what they're doing.

Looks like greenwald is trying to sick his followers on a mother jones writer and get him fired for stupid jokes because the left is attacked or something.

So out of the 3 big things you can't screw up:

1) VP pick;
2) Convention;
3) Debates;

He's already screwed one.

The Convention is probably going to be a horror show as the Party does everything they can to try and stonewall him. Then, when he has to debate Clinton she is going to tear him limb from limb. Really, picking a VP was the only thing he had a chance of doing well--and he fucked that all up.

Fuchsdh

DC suburbs getting more and more saturated, increasing house and rent prices, forcing people to move a bit more farther to get a decent priced place to live.

Yeah, but skipping over Fairfax? What's up with that?

(and yeah, no way I can afford to ever have a house in my old neighborhood. I wouldn't be so bummed about it except all the new $1 mil houses are massive ugly monstrosities.)

Farmboy

Christie would have been able to talk at least. Watching Pence handled RFRA fills me with glee waiting to see him during debates and interviews.

True, Christie would have at least been a formidable opponent for the Veep debate, perhaps even to the extent that it might have influenced Hillary. But he's pretty unpopular.

That looks like a logo for a fake university

trumpu_0.jpg

What good VP pick could he have made at this point? I can't think of any good pick that wouldn't turn him down

Not the VP pick per se, but the announcement and how amateur the entire campaign is (Saturday morning press conference, WTF). Give the 1st appearance together to 60 minutes or something.

Clinton campaign was more prepared for Pence than Trump was.

So out of the 3 big things you can't screw up:

1) VP pick;
2) Convention;
3) Debates;

He's already screwed one.

No, he has already screwed 1 & 2 assuming that schedule is correct.

If they spend a full night on Benghazi to open up this thing I predict the viewership is going to be much less than anticipated.

I hope he got the director of Loose Change to make a bunch of propaganda videos.

Holmes

Yeah, but skipping over Fairfax? What's up with that?

(and yeah, no way I can afford to ever have a house in my old neighborhood. I wouldn't be so bummed about it except all the new $1 mil houses are massive ugly monstrosities.)
I read some articles on real estate in NoVA last night after reading that post. I saw one that suggested buyers to try Stafford county. It's about an hour long commute to DC, which doesn't seem too crazy considering I'm in the Bay Area but maybe that's a lot for Virginia?

No, he has already screwed 1 & 2 assuming that schedule is correct.

If they spend a full night on Benghazi to open up this thing I predict the viewership is going to be much less than anticipated.

I hope he got the director of Loose Change to make a bunch of propaganda videos.

Convention stuff, outside of the major speeches, is catering to the base. Most in the conservative could spend the rest of their lives talking about Benghazi and emails, so I don't think he's lost the convention yet.

He's going to spend a lot of time on the defensive, with how opposite their positions are (TPP, NAFTA, etc.).

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Is that logo real!? Wow

What did you guys use internal polling for earlier in the cycle? Knowing where to target ground efforts, but just not concerning yourselves with the Win/Loss factor?

Where to target ground efforts and impacts of specific events primarily, as well as build up our own poll biases and precision metrics. I suspect other folks used them for other aspects as well.

Fuchsdh

I read some articles on real estate in NoVA last night after reading that post. I saw one that suggested buyers to try Stafford county. It's about an hour long commute to DC, which doesn't seem too crazy considering I'm in the Bay Area but maybe that's a lot for Virginia?

It's not a crazy-long commute, but definitely more than I'd want to do (I've only dealt with 30-40 minute commutes max in NoVA, and I definitely couldn't deal with a lot of my peer's time spent in a car.

I know some people who live in West Virginia and take the commuter train to DC. Since you can actually do something while you're on the train it doesn't seem as bad an option. I know some people with 90 minute to two hour commutes depending on traffic, from Woodbridge and Manassas and the like. Couldn't do that.

Traffic is only going to get worse, and I don't see any way despite the will of Fairfax and other big counties that routes like I66 can get widened in Arlington County. At the very least there are enough Arlington County citizens with pockets and friends in high places to put the kibosh, and in any case we should realize that widening streets and adding more lanes just kicks the can down the road with these infrastructure problems.

It's not a crazy-long commute, but definitely more than I'd want to do (I've only dealt with 30-40 minute commutes max in NoVA, and I definitely couldn't deal with a lot of my peer's time spent in a car.

I know some people who live in West Virginia and take the commuter train to DC. Since you can actually do something while you're on the train it doesn't seem as bad an option. I know some people with 90 minute to two hour commutes depending on traffic, from Woodbridge and Manassas and the like. Couldn't do that.

Traffic is only going to get worse, and I don't see any way despite the will of Fairfax and other big counties that routes like I66 can get widened in Arlington County. At the very least there are enough Arlington County citizens with pockets and friends in high places to put the kibosh, and in any case we should realize that widening streets and adding more lanes just kicks the can down the road with these infrastructure problems.

I've lived in Loudoun for 13 years (actually moved from Lowes Island right after Trump bought the country club down the road to another house in that area)

The only way I've survived here is that I only take jobs as far as maybe Reston or Chantilly. I'm currently doing a thing where I need to drive to Merrifield though and it's short term, but, it does blow.

Also, yeah, we're looking to move further west in Loudoun to get a newer/nicer place, so, I'm probably part of the problem, really. Still, a rural PA Dem at the end of the day though.

Almost went to the Hillary thing down the street yesterday, but, couldn't get out of work.

kirblar

The close-to-Fairfax part of Loudoun has a massive amount of construction- I just moved into a new place right across the Fairfax border. And now they have a metro line coming making for easier access.

Keep in mind a lot of the people living in the outer counties are actually commuting to Fairfax/Arl/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom