• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drek

This is really happening.

Wow.

I wanted him as nominee. Badly. But the man is terrifying.
Would Cruz be less terrifying? Or Rubio with the Kochs effectively taking over the government?

The GOP has been hurtling towards a non-viable candidate and this year put up 16 of them. They happened to pick the most overtly vile of the bunch but at least he wears his villainy on his sleeve.

HylianTom

Banned
Would Cruz be less terrifying? Or Rubio with the Kochs effectively taking over the government?

The GOP has been hurtling towards a non-viable candidate and this year put up 16 of them. They happened to pick the most overtly vile of the bunch but at least he wears his villainy on his sleeve.

Good point. They'd each be uniquely nauseating. Cruz for his intransigence and clarity of mission. Rubio for his talent in fooling those who don't pay attention. Etc etc.

Diablos

No, I feel the same way. I'm not afraid of losing to him, I'm just profoundly disgusted right now and I'd feel better had I bet against him.
It's amazing what he has done. The media is obsessed with him, he's anywhere from 5 points behind Hillary to tied in polls and he has barely spent any money. He breaks all the rules, all the time and gets away with it.

He's legit scary.

Trump has pivoted from beginning the campaign by claiming that immigrants are coming to rape your white women to accepting the nomination while claiming that immigrants are coming to rape your white women.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Trump has pivoted from beginning the campaign by claiming that immigrants are coming to rape your white women to accepting the nomination while claiming that immigrants are coming to rape your white women.

tumblr_mh5fmkj58S1rycrkjo1_500.gif

The girl who was killed was killed by a drunk driving 19 year old. Tragic, of course, but it's not like he killed her in a robbery.

He's out on bail and fled abroad.

Holmes

Honestly I'm ok with Kaine. I look forward to seeing what he's got at the announcement rally and at his convention speech.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Honestly I'm ok with Kaine. I look forward to seeing what he's got at the announcement rally and at his convention speech.

He has the advantage that expectations are so low, they may need to call in James Cameron with his sub to find the bar.

Who wants to bet most of the media won't have anything to say about Trump's shrill, rhythm-less tone? Hillary gets knocked on this all the time, and understandably so, but I'm going to guess we won't hear any of that tonight about Trump.

Kaine is so safe he's actually un-safe. This is a brand election, old white dude is not what you want to try to sell when your competitor is Donald Trump.

Drek

Kaine is the safe pick, but you know what, I'd rather choose safe right now. He will also lock up Virginia, which is pretty much a near checkmate already.
Exactly. No room for risk here. Take VA off the map, have Kaine hit the Midwest, VA, and NC with uncle Joe, get him on as many Spanish language networks as possible. Work the body because Trump has a glass jaw, come early October he'll be down in the polls and will open himself up for the knockout punch.

Bowdz

Gratz to those who called Kaine. He's honestly a great choice who is experienced beyond reason and can help lock the race up by the time the polls close in VA. I guarantee that those Diablosing will be glad he was chosen come October and VA remains a solid blue state. I sincerely hope Kaine busts out Spanish tomorrow/Sat though and is on Telemundo/Univision every other week.

Bowdz

Exactly. No room for risk here. Take VA off the map, have Kaine hit the Midwest, VA, and NC with uncle Joe, get him on as many Spanish language networks as possible. Work the body because Trump has a glass jaw, come early October he'll be down in the polls and will open himself up for the knockout punch.

This x 1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom