• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

Manafort and the others running the Titanic must be pissed.

Questions about Duke are definitely coming back on whether Trump supports him or not.

watershed

Banned
So now his speech is now past the media cycle.

Amazing.

WTF will he do during the DNC?
He will call in live to every network each night AND live tweet every speech. No doubt about it. He loves calling into shows and trying to upstage his opponents. He even did it during the RNC.

ampere

I'm still amazed at how Ivanka went onstage and pretended like she was speaking at the democratic convention.

It was like she had an old speech and replaced "Corey Booker" with "my dad"

(not sure if she actually gave any speeches for Corey, but she was supporting his campaign IIRC)

He will call in live to every network each night AND live tweet every speech. No doubt about it. He loves calling into shows and trying to upstage his opponents. He even did it during the RNC.

Democrats need to rub it in when the DNC gets better ratings than the RNC.

He'll go ballistic.

CNN expecting the VP announcement to come in the form of a text message today to supporters.

HylianTom

Banned
I'm snickering at Duke entering the race. For the rest of the campaign, Democrats can now casually slip-in the fact that the GOP has a former KKK Grand Wizard running for US Senate.

Kid Heart

That's exactly what I'm expecting as well. He knows how terrible his convention went, and will do everything in his power to try and make the DNC's look as bad through whatever means necessary. I just hope most of the major networks don't take his bait.

thefro

That's exactly what I'm expecting as well. He knows how terrible his convention went, and will do everything in his power to try and make the DNC's look as bad through whatever means necessary. I just hope most of the major networks don't take his bait.

They shouldn't let him call in. If he wants to appear via video that's fine.

Teggy

Where is Warren right now? Who is supposed to be at the Florida event today? Why is Hillary so good at keeping secrets? ;)

I'm snickering at Duke entering the race. For the rest of the campaign, Democrats can now casually slip-in the fact that the GOP has a former KKK Grand Wizard running for US Senate.
Yeah but Lincoln freed the slaves

So who's the REAL racists?

(You know it's funny that the GOP has to go so far back to find actual achievements for their party. Even if you like Reagan I think people are hard pressed to point to anything he did that might be recognized universally as a good thing)

Crocodile

I've pretty much been off the grid for the last 12 hours. What's this I'm hearing about Trump going in again on the Cruz-JFK story?

Because dems can lock up a huge voting bloc for years. Look how much support Bush got from Latino voters. Dems are lucky mittens and trump pretty much blew all that up. Why should I as a Latino continue to be politically active when one party shouts racist bullshit and the other offer lip service? Dems need to not take for granted the support they have right now. This isn't just about this election cycle it's about future elections as well.

So if a Latino/Latina isn't on the ticket the Dems are just playing lip service? Their outreach programs, the actual policies they intend to implement, etc. don't matter? I think "this person shares my ethnicity and I think better understands and speaks to my experiences" is a fine reason to vote for someone in a primary (where everyone tends to be relatively ideologically close) but when it comes to a general election, the differences between the candidates are fare enough apart that the choice or motivation shouldn't be hard.

Shouldn't you be politically active because racist bullshit is extremely bad and dangerous?

Yeah this really isn't hard. I don't get people sometimes.

This is that left wing echo chamber coming to the front again. Biden didn't destroy his soul. Most of the polls showed a narrow win for Biden in the debate at best, and indeed there was a lot of negative feedback on his performance and how mocking he was. Biden was great at rallying the base in the debate, but it was by no means a massive win nor did he 'steal his soul' - far from it. It picked the party back up after Obama's disasterous first debate, but it in absolutely no way harmed Ryan's long term political chances.

The above is either the right wing echo chamber or the enigma of the very serious people talking. Biden owned him badly and exposed the farce that he's a serious intellectual. Nowadays, Ryan has moved away from proposals full of asterisks to making deals with Obama on things like the omnibus. He's a joke. This is Mr. Trump's party now.

Crocodile

One of the local GAF Trump supporters just posted a thread in the OT on Kaine's support for deregulating financial institutions...

Didn't Trump talk about gutting Dodd-Frank in his speech or did I mishear/read things? Republicans are basically the epitome of deregulation.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Didn't Trump talk about gutting Dodd-Frank in his speech or did I mishear/read things? Republicans are basically the epitome of deregulation.

Still isnt a good look. Makes it seems like no matter who you vote for, if you care about finance regulation you are boned either way. Not exactly gonna make people excited to go vote for Hillary.

Teggy

Things that also happened:

RNC posted another white supremacist tweet on the scroll last night.

Trump said the National Enquirer should get a Pullitzer.

Kaine should not have been an option if Hillary was going to agree to the new Dem platform that they agreed on with Bernie.

I can envision Hillary pushing for the majority of policies within it..Like the public option, free college under 125k, glass steagal reinstatement, 15$ minimum wage... But not Kaine.

This fucking sucks.

Tom Perez is sec of labor. Nieto is Mexican presidente. Trump's been talking about labor going away to Mexico. Perez is at white house with the two presidents negotiating a deal that will result in a lot of jobs for both countries, and then Clinton's going to wave Perez around as her veep as evidence that her campaign has the assets necessary to bring jobs stateside without alienating Mexico.

From a Mod in the OT thread:

As a former regulatory liason for two giant banks, it's a good change of the rule.

Daily liquidity calculations are super arduous, cost lots of money, are not horribly accurate and don't offer much view into the bank that monthly calcs would provide.

But the optics of this are horrid because most americans are just going to see "going easy on wall st"

sangreal

It's not that silly to NOT want our huge companies suing small governments unfairly.

Even if I agreed with you, I just don't see why that is an American problem -- nobody is forcing those small governments to sign up for that and nobody is forcing them to stay in the TPP in the future if it's disastrous for them

Zeke

I've pretty much been off the grid for the last 12 hours. What's this I'm hearing about Trump going in again on the Cruz-JFK story?

So if a Latino/Latina isn't on the ticket the Dems are just playing lip service? Their outreach programs, the actual policies they intend to implement, etc. don't matter? I think "this person shares my ethnicity and I think better understands and speaks to my experiences" is a fine reason to vote for someone in a primary (where everyone tends to be relatively ideologically close) but when it comes to a general election, the differences between the candidates are fare enough apart that the choice or motivation shouldn't be hard.

Yeah this really isn't hard. I don't get people sometimes.
Nope not at all, my issue was that a poster said Kaine speaks Spanish so he checks a box and would automatically be able to excite Latinos. Again this isn't just about this election it's about future elections this is about locking in an ever growing voter bloc for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom