• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

This Trump shitshow is so good. And the best part is it's not even a rally. It's supposed to be a short statement to volunteers!

For real? Where, on twitter? Like what in the hell does this win him? @_o
In a televised Thank You event for his supporters in Cleveland on MSNBC/CNN/etc right now that should have ended five minutes ago (he was talking about the Supreme Court and how it was the final thing he was going to say) but still dragging on cause he doesn't know how to wrap it up.

Edit: Okay, now he just did. But yeah, it's crazy. He just can't let it go. He can't let anything go.

Amir0x

Banned
He's probably just miffed about the non-endorsement and wants to keep beating up on him to show how Cruz shouldn't be trusted or something.

I am sure that's true, since he was muzzled and couldn't mention it during his acceptance speech.

But... how stupid can he be? Cruz is already universally hated and defeated this cycle. He plays to nonsense conspiracies that turn off independents/moderates again, and wins absolutely nothing in return by strengthening his only core base of grotesque white bigots. Which he doesn't need to strengthen, since they're soulless vessels without true ideology who favor winning and racism over anything to do with American values. No other candidate is going to cater to them, so why shore up that flank?

Because Trump is a sociopath and a narcissist and is incapable of letting things go. Truly the only answer.

In a Thank You event in Cleveland on MSNBC/CNN right now that's still dragging on cause he doesn't know how to wrap it up.

Christ almighty...

Trump defending the National Enquirer?

This is surreal. Is his doing this shit on purpose to steal the attention from the VP pick?

There's pretty strong ties between Trump and the Enquirer. It's why they basically put out propaganda for him. Referring to Clinton as "Crooked Hillary," hit pieces on every candidate other than Trump (e.g. the Cruz infidelity story). I'd be surprised if Trump didn't defend the Enquirer.

Teggy

Ivanka's affiliate link to her dress was to Macy's, the same store Trump told his followers to boycott because they stopped selling his ties.

Brinbe

Trump basically stepped all over his own morning news cycle to dredge up this Cruz stuff. Now THAT will be the news LOL. At least until the veep announcement. GOOD JOB, MORAN.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oof I like Warren a lot but her comment on Colbert last night about Trump sounding like a dictator of a country "you can't find on a map" rubbed me the wrong way

I am sure that's true, since he was muzzled and couldn't mention it during his acceptance speech.

But... how stupid can he be? Cruz is already universally hated and defeated this cycle. He plays to nonsense conspiracies that turn off independents/moderates again, and wins absolutely nothing in return by strengthening his only core base of grotesque white bigots. Which he doesn't need to strengthen, since they're soulless vessels without true ideology who favor winning and racism over anything to do with American values. No other candidate is going to cater to them, so why shore up that flank?

Because Trump is a sociopath and a narcissist and is incapable of letting things go. Truly the only answer.

Christ almighty...
It was amazing. He spend like five minutes trying to defend his comments on Heidi and Raphael and just going on and on about it, but spent like 20 seconds talking about Pence and trying to sell him and only letting him up in front for a very brief instance before Pence just immediately handed things back to him after only giving the most boring, plain remarks. He cares more about Ted Cruz than he does selling his own running mate. He just can't let anything go. He's incapable of it.

Dan Merica ‏@danmericaCNN 5m5 minutes ago
Tom Perez, a Clinton VP finalist, is currently at the White House with Obama and Mexican President Pena Nieto.

guess hes out then

Trump basically stepped all over his own morning news cycle to dredge up this Cruz stuff. Now THAT will be the news LOL. At least until the veep announcement. GOOD JOB, MORAN.

I can't believe people were trying to spin the Cruz speech as some sort of 11th dimensional chess on Trump's part.

It was amazing. He spend like five minutes trying to defend his comments on Heidi and Raphael and just going on and on about it, but spent like 20 seconds talking about Pence and trying to sell him and only letting him up in front for a very brief instance before Pence just immediately handed things back to him after only giving the most boring, plain remarks. He cares more about Ted Cruz than he does selling his own running mate. He just can't let anything go. He's incapable of it.

One of my favorite aspects of this cycle is how Trump's ego forces him to keep negative stories about himself in the news.

Jeels

Yup, he doesn't care about getting the job or even the country. This is all one big ego game to him. Why else focus on that other than the convention itself or the issues?

sphagnum

Banned
Common sense.

*rimshot*

I suppose he's made the calculation that now is the best time for him to run because he can try to piggyback off of Trump's momentum. I don't know anything about local Louisiana politics but considering the zeitgeist I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a lot of headway.

From TPM's story on Trump's presser:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-rehashes-ted-cruz-fights

"Somebody got booed the hell out of a place by thousands and thousands of people," Trump said. "There wasn't one person in the room -- not one. And then they said there may not be unity. Unity? There wasn't one person in the room, including the Texas delegation, right? Honestly, he may have ruined his political career. I feel so badly. I feel so badly."

As bad as he claimed to feel, Trump made it clear he does not need Cruz on his side to win the presidency.

"You know, he'll come and endorse over the next little while," he said. "He'll — because he has no choice. But I don't want his endorsement. What difference does it make? And I don't want his endorsement. I have such great -- I don't want his endorsement. Just -- Ted, stay home, relax, enjoy yourself."

"Again, I don't want his endorsement," he said. "If he gives it, I will not accept it. Just so you understand. If he gives it -- I will not accept it."

Iolo

Maybe instead of flying every possible VP pick to Florida to confuse us... none of the picks will fly there and they will appear remotely! The suspense is terrible! I hope it'll last.

Boke1879

He can't even stay on message for more than a day. He just HAD to attack Cruz. I mean Trump reading from a. Script isn't even good but off the cuff? He can't help himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom