• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2bVI6jd.jpg

Best thing about this is that Trump is an idiot who will draw attention to Gary Johnson by attacking Bush.

shem935

Banned
Well they wouldn't mail anything to a billing address. Did you also separately input your mailing address or check a box that said "mailing address is same as billing address"? It's possible that it could be stickers/magnets/buttons that they would send you if they want your mailing address, like lyrick said.

Hmm they didn't specify which it was, just generic address.

Fuck it I'm doing it.

I feel like Hillary is closer to Jeb's foreign policy positions than Johnson is.

I'm looking forward to seeing how all the high-profile GOP supporters like Jeb or like the folks at Red State who might support or endorse Johnson deal with the latter's positions on weed and abortion.

kirblar

I feel like Hillary is closer to Jeb's foreign policy positions than Johnson is.

I'm looking forward to seeing how all the high-profile GOP supporters like Jeb or like the folks at Red State who might support or endorse Johnson deal with the latter's positions on weed and abortion.
This is probably true, simply because there are a ton of unspoken rules for both major parties where they can't take a lot of positions even if they wanted to.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I really doubt Jeb gives a shit if people blame him. Not like he has a political future anyway, unlike Cruz.

For Jeb this is likely personal, Trump just picked on him endlessly during the primary. Anyone who didn't think Jeb would shank him at the first opportunity was nuts.

if its kaine I think hillary sees shoring up the black and latino vote as more important than bernie or busters.

I kind of disagree with this.

I think the selection of Kaine makes her confident in her numbers across the board. I do not see Kaine moving the needle with African American or Latino voters at all. Like, not even a little bit ,and not even in Virginia. It's the safe, "Everything is going to plan" pick. Which is totally, totally fine! But it's not a pick based on demographic advantages.

I kind of disagree with this.

I think the selection of Kaine makes her confident in her numbers across the board. I do not see Kaine moving the needle with African American or Latino voters at all. Like, not even a little bit ,and not even in Virginia. It's the safe, "Everything is going to plan" pick. Which is totally, totally fine! But it's not a pick based on demographic advantages.

He is widely liked by African Americans and Latinos within Virginia though.

Piecake

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/07/21/how-to-explain-xi-jinpings-mounting-foreign-policy-failures/

This is a really interesting article on Chinese foreign policy and its consequences for the region and America's foreign policy. Definitely recommend reading it in full.

No one, not even President Barack Obama, has done more to make the United States welcome in Asia than Chinese President Xi Jinping. Since 2012, Xi’s foreign policy has unraveled years of careful efforts on China’s part to persuade its Asian neighbors of the “win-win” benefits of China’s peaceful rise. Under Xi, Beijing has suffered a series of diplomatic setbacks so counterproductive that they raise serious questions about his foreign policy competence.

Perhaps the Politburo Standing Committee should reread the anonymous open letter by a party member that urged Xi to resign in March. The letter found Xi to be lacking “the abilities to lead the party and country into the future,” citing his counterproductive foreign policy as abandoning caution for “dangerous adventurism.”

It defies the imagination that Xi Jinping’s foreign policy has had the unintended consequence of promoting U.S. interests and strengthening Obama’s “rebalance” — success that the State Department or the Pentagon couldn’t match on their best day.

How to explain all this? After the 2008-2009 U.S. financial crisis, Chinese analysts mistakenly concluded that the United States was in terminal decline, and that China’s moment had come to undo a century of humiliation by asserting its influence rather than biding its time as it developed its economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom