• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paskil

Damn, I am depressed now. I mean, the Germany thing is obviously awful and depressing on its own, and I'm probably selfish monster for hoping she would still announce, but...

Slayven

REVOLUTION! (She's not a direct descendant of the Electress of Hanover so doesn't count - but her children do).

Never say never

51G3RDBKC9L.jpg

Bowdz

This may sounds callous, but we shouldn't be basing our political moves based off of foreign events. It's one thing if it is a terror attack on our soil, but shit goes down around the globe EVERY DAY. We shouldn't shape our lives around terror attacks globallyor else we will give in to terror and never get anything done.

I know that the political optics dictate that this pushed back.

Crocodile

Not to be insensitive but I wonder how many fucked up things are going on in Africa or South America or wherever that we aren't stopping everything in our lives over. Like what's going on in Munich sounds awful but I have no idea what makes it so bad that our politics have to grind to a stop. Gives more credence than warranted to "the World is a hellscape" point of view.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
We've established precedence for permanent paralysis over news-worthy tragedies.

Kinsei

Banned
Not to be insensitive but I wonder how many fucked up things are going on in Africa or South America or wherever that we aren't stopping everything in our lives over. Like what's going on in Munich sounds awful but I have no idea what makes it so bad that our politics have to grind to a stop. Gives more credence than warranted to "the World is a hellscape" point of view.

I can see where you're coming from. I honestly think this has more to do with Trump delaying his announcement after the Nice attack than it does with the Munich attack. Hillary and her team don't want to give him any ammo.

I mean I get what you're saying but this is not an act of governance. It's political theater. There is no risk or damage to delay by a day. The media is not going to stop everything and focus on Tim Kaine. You play prevent defense. You give no one ammo to say look how power hungry that woman is. You hold on until tomorrow when this is in Germany will be more settled.

Those email leaks are ugly. They also give you a pretty good glimpse into how narratives are manufactured and the role liberal/conservative media plays in peddling the message.

Slacker

Yeah I completely understand the sentiment, but I don't like the idea that these assjacks can alter things going on here at home.

Iolo

It would be interesting if Wikileaks would leak some juicy internal Russian stuff, but they won't, since they are an agent of the Russian government.

Boke1879

the released the emails on a friday, during a terrorist attack?

Will anyone care come monday?

This attack, along with VP announcement and DNC next week means this probably gets little coverage.

Trump may mention it, but isn't this stuff he's been saying? It's not anything new really.

Reuters-Ipsos is the noisiest poll. 12 point shift in one week.

Something happened with who they were polling, since Obama's approval shifted from: (A51 /D45) to (A44/49). Making them join YouGov/Economist (who has never had Obama positive and as negative as -11 in late june) and Rasmussen to poll negatively for Obama.

Ondore

Surprise: The Washington Post will not endorse Trump under any circumstances.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...d823cc-4f4f-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html

DONALD J. TRUMP, until now a Republican problem, this week became a challenge the nation must confront and overcome. The real estate tycoon is uniquely unqualified to serve as president, in experience and temperament. He is mounting a campaign of snarl and sneer, not substance. To the extent he has views, they are wrong in their diagnosis of America’s problems and dangerous in their proposed solutions. Mr. Trump’s politics of denigration and division could strain the bonds that have held a diverse nation together. His contempt for constitutional norms might reveal the nation’s two-century-old experiment in checks and balances to be more fragile than we knew.

Dierce

Has WikiLeaks ever revealed any information about the assassinations of journalists in Russia or anything unflattering about Russia or Putin? Same with Snowden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom