• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Makes no sense to announce tonight.

Announce before the rally tomorrow.

Announce now so the people going to the rally know what to expect.

Don't wait until right before the rally to announce that you're choosing the human equivalent of a communion wafer as your running mate.

HylianTom

Banned
Oh man - Judge Curiel has green-lit the Trump U case to proceed.

Awaiting reaction from Trump in 3.. 2.. 1..

===

And I'm wondering if the Clinton Team saw something in overnight research that told them they don't need to disrupt the ongoing reactions to Trump's speech.

Iolo

Just an interesting note about the Reuters/Ipsos poll.

The Reuters/Ipsos poll was conducted in English in all 50 states with 1,036 likely voters.

Regardless of the demographics, it's really noisy.

Announce now so the people going to the rally know what to expect.

Don't wait until right before the rally to announce that you're choosing the human equivalent of a communion wafer as your running mate.

giphy.gif

Just an interesting note about the Reuters/Ipsos poll.

Regardless of the demographics, it's really noisy.

An online poll that's English only, I can see why they oversample Democrats in their sample to try and make up for what are clear deficiencies. You think a 65 year old Hispanic woman that speaks Spanish primarily and doesn't use a computer will be lost in this poll?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Welcome to the debates bro

That certainly increases his chances of hitting the threshold, not sure though. If Cruz also got behind him for this election, it would be enough. But I don't think Jeb! has the clout to push him that far.

Welcome to the debates bro
Jeb Bush received less than 1% of the vote in the GOP primary.

I realize that's not terribly accurate because Jeb dropped out after 3 states. So let's look at those.

2% in Iowa, 10% in NH, 7% in SC.

I'm not sure what clout he has to push Johnson into the debates but I can't imagine it's much.

Tonight would be before the rally.

It makes perfect sense. It allows people to prepare for tomorrow. Kaine would need to cancel a fundraiser for example, better to do it tonight than 20 minutes before.

If they're serious about the rollout, don't announce on a Friday night lol. That's dead media hour. If their rollout is limited to social media, then yeah any hour is acceptable.

Everyone knows tomorrow's the joint appearance, and any serious media outlet already has a report prepared on all the rumored candidates.

I also think team Hillary is waiting for more information regarding the Munich attack. They dont want to announce Kaine and then be upstage with another attack or police capturing them/finding motive. It's a wise move wrt news coverage. They're glad they didn't announce it this morning because it was bound to have gotten overshadowed by Munich.

Yeah we are totally getting Johnson in the debates. Hillary is going to have her work cut out for her.

Like seriously how the heck could anyone manage trying to debate Johnson and Trump at the same time.

watershed

Banned
Jeb's endorsement seems ill-calculated. How will this help him in the post-Trump GOP? He'll probably never run again but he can still have a visible role in whatever is next. Endorsing outside of the party seems like a mistake.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Jeb's endorsement seems ill-calculated. How will this help him in the post-Trump GOP? He'll probably never run again but he can still have a visible role in whatever is next. Endorsing outside of the party seems like a mistake.

He probably assumes the party will move toward Johnson in the aftermath of Trump.

Yeah we are totally getting Johnson in the debates. Hillary is going to have her work cut out for her.

Like seriously how the heck could anyone manage trying to debate Johnson and Trump at the same time.
Judging by his behavior so far, I think Johnson would spend more time attacking Trump.

But yes, having another alternative might not be too favorable to her. But then again it might be! You could just hit Johnson on his loonier positions.

Johnson won't be in the debates.

Biggest issue is how many debates there will be.

Emarv

Why would the media want Johnson there? They want Hillary vs Trump. There would need to be overwhelming support for Johnson in all polls for them to even think of allowing him.

The best thing a Jeb endorsement could do is maybe pull away small percentage points in certain swing states, like Florida, but even that seems unlikely soooooo *shrug*

THAT COULD MAKE JOHNSON GO FROM 14% TO 15%. FUCK.

😃

tumblr_inline_nycqgvwxop1td9d1u_500.gif

Also, can we, like, you know, for a second talk about what Trump said about defeating his enemies? Like, I know he's 99% being Trump and whatever, but with the Nazi shit from last night. COME ON BRO. UGH.

My Facebook is relatively tame politically, all things considered, and I never really share random FB comments here because who cares, but a friend of mine shared that photo of Sanders watching Trump's speech, and someone commented:

"I'm sorry but I just can't with anything Bernie says anymore. He is a huge sellout."

Just didn't expect to see a real one in the wild, you know?

Trump cancels after 1 because waaaaahhhh.

Clinton gets the next two to herself.

Trump returns for the third one because his poll numbers massively plummet, it doesn't help much.
Hes probably gonna skip all 3. Watch him cook up a nothing burger and lob it at the media and paint them as an arm of Democrats just before the first one.

Trump cancels after 1 because waaaaahhhh.

Clinton gets the next two to herself.

Trump returns for the third one because his poll numbers massively plummet, it doesn't help much.
Lol he can't skip debates.

Influence the themes and format, yeah he's going to play hard but he can't skip the agreed debates.

Trump debating anyone 1 on 1 could never go well. You cannot expect to spout one liners and survive up there. I honestly can't think of a single way those things will go well. It's going to get massive ratings though just to see the tone of it.

Boke1879

Trump debating anyone 1 on 1 could never go well. You cannot expect to spout one liners and survive up there.

Yea from time to time the moderators will let the debate get a bit heated, but he can't get away with saying shit like "crooked Hillary" all night.

He'll have to talk about policy and debate that and honestly I'm not sure he can handle that.

Diablos

I'm not paying 10 cents to get a fucking message that it's tim kaine
Lol

Honestly Kaine is fine.

I would have preferred someone Hispanic. But I'm over it. Hopefully, Kaine doesn't get bogged down In a scandal that may be looming. She can't afford that after the FBI shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom