• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

So basically this DNC leak is "DNC considered a few negative attacks against Bernie but decided it wasn't the right thing to do."

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
538 failed to predict who would win the NBA Finals, I wouldn't take their sports analogies too seriously.

heck, any sports analogy when it comes to politics should never be taken seriously

A free throw miss, lol we saw dozens of misses in Game 7 of ths NBA Finals

Them failing to predict the finals isn't why you should ignore the analogy. It should be ignored because it is bad.

Predicting the finals is based on past performance. if you could take a poll of a subset of players about how well they were intending to play that night, and it was almost always accurate, then they would do better :p

NPR is having a discussion on the gutting of the VRA, and the downward spiral of the ability to vote since the 2000 election.

If Hillary wins, anyway chance Section 5 gets restored?
It would probably have to be relegislated unless something related came before the Court again and they overturned it.

Emarv

idk, I think the DNC Wikileaks stuff is gonna be parroted by Trump people every day of the convention now. You can dismiss it if you want, but they won't.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Queen Elizabeth didn't have some Vice Queen waltzing around the palace and getting all in the way, so why should Queen Hillary?

Well, there's Vice Queen Charles and Vice Vice Queen William and Vice Vice Vice Queen George .....

.... and Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Queen Mia ...

... and so on. There's about five thousand of them (list last updated in 2011).

Slayven

Well, there's Vice Queen Charles and Vice Vice Queen William and Vice Vice Vice Queen George .....

.... and Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice Queen Mia ...

What would it take to make fergie queen?

Grexeno

The information would disseminate somehow. They said it would be this afternoon, there would need to be some kind of explanation. Even if a reason wasn't given for rescheduling the announcement.
I don't believe the Clinton campaign has ever said there would be a VP announcement today?

Teggy

idk, I think the DNC Wikileaks stuff is gonna be parroted by Trump people every day of the convention now. You can dismiss it if you want, but they won't.

Yeah, it will depend on how Bernie responds. They'll try to say things were rigged against him, but he has the ability to brush it aside.

Of course, maybe he's among a pile of paper right now seething.

Emarv

I largely agree with you guys. Wikileaks is terrible, the credit card/social security number thing is deplorable, and largely there is no huge scandal here.

I'm just saying, prepare yourself for every talk show Trump surrogate to shout corruption and rigged system from the rooftop this week.

itschris

aXwxqVB.jpg

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/756569432680435712

TheFatOne

I largely agree with you guys. Wikileaks is terrible, the credit card/social security number thing is deplorable, and largely there is no huge scandal here.

I'm just saying, prepare yourself for every talk show Trump surrogate to shout corruption and rigged system from the rooftop this week.

So a normal week is what you are telling us to watch out for then.

Grexeno

Maybe it's just that I've seen it repeated everywhere as a fact, but I was pretty sure we'd hear the name this afternoon and the first dual event would be tomorrow.
I don't believe they Clinton campaign ever said anything about a VP announcement today. I think that was just a rumor that got treated as fact.

If they are disciplined enough to stay on that message. Seems likely they might just spend the week talking about the National Enquirer's Pulitzer snubs.

No, no, they were lesser successors (ha!), not Vice Queen. Difference.

VRMN

They could have different videos prepared for each one. Obama had speeches, events, rollout plans etc. for Biden, Kaine and Bayh.

This is true. But at this point the decision has been made, so they probably wouldn't be looking for one of the not-VP's material.

I mean, tragedy strikes everyday everywhere in the world. I could see if it was a domestic issue.

Why hold any rally at all at this point? Seems like that would be just as inappropriate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom