• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

Query: Has the Trump campaign put out any opposition research out there?

They are really fucking bad at what they do. Sad!
Literally just the gifts "scandal".

I don't think there's really anything else you could possibly dig up against Kaine, but seriously.

Kid Heart

Loving the title change.

I didn't have a chance to catch the speech live, but it sounds like it was really good. I'll try to take a look at it once it's up online.

Bowdz

Mane the Putin jab is great, start pulling that up everyday.

Seriously. It is infuriating to hear the same Republicans that shit talked Obama for being to weak to Putin for 8 years praise Trump when he has only praised Putin and who's only contribution to the RNC platform was a pro Russian point about the Ukraine!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
They released a statement calling him a "career politician".

GOP.com has opposition research on Kaine.

https://www.gop.com/meet-tim-kaine/

That opposition research is basically "He's a moderate democrat!"

Jesus, is this guy actually that much of a boy scout that the worst thing they have on him is that he supports some positions that are not in line with the liberal wing of the Dem party? That might appeal to the GOPs own center right voters who don't like Trump?

Go home GOP, you're drunk.

GutsOfThor

Looks like she made an excellent choice. I was 100% completely wrong about this guy.

What exactly is this gifts deal with him though?

TheFatOne

First impression was very good. Can't underestimate his ability to speak fluent Spanish. It played very well with both of my parents and I think once he goes on the Spanish media tour is going to be well received nationally. That's something that just doesn't exist for republicans right now. A person who can reach out to the Hispanic community. Really good first impression and I'm looking forward to seeing/heading more.

That opposition research is basically "He's a moderate democrat!"

Jesus, is this guy actually that much of a boy scout that the worst thing they have on him is that he supports some positions that are not in line with the liberal wing of the Dem party? That might appeal to the GOPs own center right voters who don't like Trump?

Go home GOP, you're drunk.

Yeah lol, I actually got that link from someone who retweeted Mark Levin trashing it, "GOP attacking from the left".

diaspora

The GOP are attacking Kaine from the left.
f93dd7bca68652d0ffae532d6d261a29.jpg

bsp

That GOP website article is a fucking hoot. Their primary lane of attack is to say how moderate he is on the left.

edit: Kaine is the exact kind of Democrat my Independent-Republican father would love.

The GOP putting on that disaster of a convention and then saying Kaine is too moderate is hilarious. Do they realize that's how you drive independents to the opposition.

royalan

CNN said it's going to be hard for Kaine to top this speech next week.

It'll sure be hard. Kaine and Clinton did a damn good job lowering expectations. This speech was the perfect introduction and flipping of assumptions.

Next week he still needs to introduce himself, but I'd love to see him fold in more policy talk. Show that he's just a friendly face, but damn informed.

StoOgE

So the Trump/GOP plan is to go after Bernie supporters. That's literally all they have. Mess.

I'm also certain they will have good answers for policy disagreements between them.

Like the standard "Secretary Clinton and I both believe in the American worker, and while I am not happy with everything in the TPP, I think it will open up fair trade to American workers in Asia and help blunt Chinese power in the region and eventually force China into more fair trade deals which is why I support the law. Secretary Clinton wants to look at getting better protections for American workers in the agreement, and I think we have common ground there and will make sure blah blah blah blah"

Which is better than "I don't care"

Piecake

That GOP website article is a fucking hoot. Their primary lane of attack is to say how moderate he is on the left.

Going after the Bernie or Bust voters at the expense of the middle seems like a pretty stupid mistake, but hell, it is probably a very very good idea for the long term health of the GOP that Trump does lose badly.

Owzers

O_____O Trump supporter on cnn, i don't have to go watch Dora the explorer to understand what happened at the RNC or something.

^ she's doing great!

@matthewamiller
Twitter & cable yesterday: "Tim Kaine is boring."

Twitter & cable today: "That was the first time I've ever heard Tim Kaine speak."

Accurate

@morgan_murphy
feeling like Hillary would cover her test in class and Tim Kaine would let his dumb friends cheat off him. I like it. 😍

Also accurate.

@pourmecoffee
Kaine: We're going to defeat Trump. Also, I returned that paint sprayer. I hope you don't mind I went ahead and touched up your shed.

Accurate as well.

Oh my god this Trump supporter on CNN is so racist:

" I hope I don't have to brush up on Dora the Explorer the understand speeches and then whining about illegals taking so much money"

TheFatOne

Beautiful republican supporting idiot on CNN already calling out Kaine for speaking spanish. Please take the bait republicans because that shit will tank you for generations.

"The left" can go suck an egg.

I'm kind of sick of hearing about what "the left" want. "The left" having their feelings hurt.
"The left" having no one that represents them exclusively and perfectly.

"The left" in question being this exclusive self-defined club, that cares so so so so much about income inequality that they're willing to let a white nationalist nativist buffoon get anywhere near the White House, where he will without question make income inequality worse.

This is Post of the Year contender

StoOgE

Sean Spicer just tweeted directly to Bernie fans some old ads of Kaine saying he was conservative.

Remember when Mittens was trying to use Bill Clinton statements to attack Obama in 2012? Remember Bills speech at the DNC? How did that work out for him?

Bernie is gonna rip Trump a new one at the DNC and shut everyone the fuck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom