• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ask him in exactly what situations has Obama made us look like pussies and if he actually has an answer ask him what was the better course of action. I mean you could also point out that we still have the greatest military in the world

Also that the rest of the world loves Obama.

royalan

Someone mentioned this on Twitter. For the first time in her life on the national stage, Hillary got to pick her partner instead of being the partner. That's got to feel good!

FILbL2U.gif

I am not well versed in debates(I get heated and start rambling) and therefore I come to you all looking for help. My friend was telling me how Obama has made the U.S. look like pussies in front of the entire world.
He said that Putin made Obama his bitch and that we are now disrespected around the world.

How do you refute this in a calm manner lol?

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/russia/gdp-growth
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/06/24/7-charts-on-how-the-world-views-president-obama/

DrMungo

Since Roger Ailes is out at Fox and Murdoch's sons hate Trump will that change the direction of Fox News. Especially for this election?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Since Roger Ailes is out at Fox and Murdoch's sons hate Trump will that change the direction of Fox News. Especially for this election?

I'm not hopeful, but his sons would prefer it to look more like Sky. Frankly that's not a whole lot better, but it's better than what we've got now. Then again if you look at all the money it's making I can't see them making any big moves on a fast time table. Maybe in 15 years FOX will be a decent news source.

Grief.exe

I'm not hopeful, but his sons would prefer it to look more like Sky. Frankly that's not a whole lot better, but it's better than what we've got now. Then again if you look at all the money it's making I can't see them making any big moves on a fast time table. Maybe in 15 years FOX will be a decent news source.

15 years, cable TV is dead along with their viewership... literally.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
15 years, cable TV is dead along with their viewership... literally.

Nah, that's not happening. So long as sports aren't on easily accessed streaming services, and cable channels keep producing high quality scripted shows, it's going nowhere. The offerings might get smaller, but a contraction would be normal considering the insane amount of choice currently available.

Grief.exe

Nah, that's not happening. So long as sports aren't on easily accessed streaming services, and cable channels keep producing high quality scripted shows, it's going nowhere. The offerings might get smaller, but a contraction would be normal considering the insane amount of choice currently available.

Keep in mind 15 years isa long time in the techworld.

Cable are already losingmillions of subscribers per year, many of these content companies already own the infrastructure. Just a matter of time.

Fox News "insider politcal analyst" claiming on Red Eye that the Democratic party has become the "party of Wall Street" and the "party of elitism". What planet do I live on?!

I am not well versed in debates(I get heated and start rambling) and therefore I come to you all looking for help. My friend was telling me how Obama has made the U.S. look like pussies in front of the entire world.
He said that Putin made Obama his bitch and that we are now disrespected around the world.

How do you refute this in a calm manner lol?

Tell that person that George W. Bush systematically destroyed our respect and integrity worldwide by bullying people with terrorism as a wedge, with the Iraq War after the UN Security Resolution FAILED, after fabricating evidence for the war, after backing out of Bill Clinton's Kyoto Agreement (climate change pact), etc. Obama and Hillary Clinton systematically rebuilt all of our relationships, restored international law's authority, initiated the important pivot to Asia (China WILL leave us in the dust if we do not doubletime on this), got us back on track for greenhouse gas reduction, and has proven to Americans that diplomacy works because of the Iran agreement.

When did we look like pussies? When we sanctioned North Korea over and over again? When we launched a record amount of drone strikes? When we invaded Pakistan illegally and killed Osama bin Laden? Yeah Putin made Obama such a bitch that we launched an economic war against him, plunged his economy into CHAOS, kicked them out of the G8, and levied crippling sanctions on them... so crippling that Russia couldn't even afford to buy bombs after a month long bombing run in Syria. LOL. No, pal, we made Putin our bitch because he thought Crimea and Syria were worth the trouble. They weren't. Sucks to be Russia right now, honestly.

I wonder if Obama knows full well about Trump's connections to Putin. If he does, he might be more likely to really, really stump hard for Clinton.

Bowdz

Some journalist should ask Trump to say something negative about Putin. Anything negative at all. I don't think I've heard Trump speak ill of Putin.

Sibylus

Banned
The first two responses were Jewish cartoons. They knew what their followers know.

I think the times and guardian have been decent with their leaks. I don't think we need data dumps (they also don't work as affectively). People need to vet their stories wiki is russian/anti us op at this point.

I agree. As much as I value what a wikileaks or intercept-type outlet can contribute on paper, I wasn't reading those leaks through the personal lenses of Greenwald or Assange. The times, guardian, WaPo etc tend to offer better analysis with a decidedly less extreme ideological bent.

Is Reddit and TYT the only place that is still BernieOrBust? Seems like Dailykos, TPM, Huffpo, etc have moved on.

r/Donald is mass downvoting any and all mentions of the Putin connection (this isn't actually allowed by reddit TOS), and on r/politics if something isn't at 50% by 3 hours it gets automatically deleted. It's not Bernie supporters.

Bowdz

Fox News "insider politcal analyst" claiming on Red Eye that the Democratic party has become the "party of Wall Street" and the "party of elitism". What planet do I live on?!

Tell that person that George W. Bush systematically destroyed our respect and integrity worldwide by bullying people with terrorism as a wedge, with the Iraq War after the UN Security Resolution FAILED, after fabricating evidence for the war, after backing out of Bill Clinton's Kyoto Agreement (climate change pact), etc. Obama and Hillary Clinton systematically rebuilt all of our relationships, restored international law's authority, initiated the important pivot to Asia (China WILL leave us in the dust if we do not doubletime on this), got us back on track for greenhouse gas reduction, and has proven to Americans that diplomacy works because of the Iran agreement.

When did we look like pussies? When we sanctioned North Korea over and over again? When we launched a record amount of drone strikes? When we invaded Pakistan illegally and killed Osama bin Laden? Yeah Putin made Obama such a bitch that we launched an economic war against him, plunged his economy into CHAOS, kicked them out of the G8, and levied crippling sanctions on them... so crippling that Russia couldn't even afford to buy bombs after a month long bombing run in Syria. LOL. No, pal, we made Putin our bitch because he thought Crimea and Syria were worth the trouble. They weren't. Sucks to be Russia right now, honestly.

10/10 post. Seriously.

I completely agree on all points and think all of this needs to be repeated as often as possible. People seem to forget how much Bush fucked up our standing in the world and the chaos that was the early 2000s (13 embassy attacks, 9/11, Madrid, London, Mumbai, Iraq War, Afghanistan War, Russian Invasion of Georgia, and a goddamn genocide in Darfur just on the foreign front). Even the worst flaws of the Obama administration look absolutely minor by comparison.

watershed

Banned
Between the fear and crazy of the RNC and hopefully a successful, hopeful DNC, I imagine Hillary's fundraising haul for July is going to be mammoth.

Wilsongt

Chris Steven's mother basically telling Trump to fuck off.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/23/politics/benghazi-ambassador-mother-trump-complaint/index.html

Washington (CNN)The mother of U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, who died during the 2012 Benghazi attacks, penned a short letter to the editor of The New York Times asking that Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and the GOP stop invoking her son's death.

"I know for certain that Chris would not have wanted his name or memory used in that connection," Mary Commanday wrote in the letter, which was published Saturday. "I hope that there will be an immediate and permanent stop to this opportunistic and cynical use by the campaign."

I agree. As much as I value what a wikileaks or intercept-type outlet can contribute on paper, I wasn't reading those leaks through the personal lenses of Greenwald or Assange. The times, guardian, WaPo etc tend to offer better analysis with a decidedly less extreme ideological bent.
And they still provided the original doc's for people to look at!

Sibylus

Banned
And they still provided the original doc's for people to look at!

Indeed. If leak outlets are to not be a trash fire in the future, they're going to have to take a page from classic news outlets and have more stringent standards for oversight, impartiality, and research. No more rabid ideologues running the show like their private megaphone.

Vahagn

I'm a troll account? That's a first.

Anti-semitism on the left, while disgusting, is generally more focused on the treatment of Palestinians - anti semitism on the right, which is far more pervasive is generally focused on nut job Zionist conspiracy theories and white supremacist language.

So it's more accurate to suggest that it's the far right that thinks that, then the far left.

Anti-semitism on the left, while disgusting, is generally more focused on the treatment of Palestinians - anti semitism on the right, which is far more pervasive is generally focused on nut job Zionist conspiracy theories and white supremacist language.

So it's more accurate to suggest that it's the far right that thinks that, then the far left.

evidence that no one clicks links anymore

woe is man, that we are steeped in such beastly ignorance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom