• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shem935

Banned
This heel turn on Kaine in the past 24 hours has been pretty amazing to watch and take part in. Good on Clinton for seeing the forest through the trees.

Trump will never back down or admit a mistake.

Or it's worse than that, and he's really a Putin shill.

kUDL7AF.gif

itschris

A reality TV star with 0 political experience is telling a senior member of the Senate that he's wrong on a political matter because he's a rookie?

I may not like McConnell at all or agree with him, like, ever, but I would never call him a rookie.

Just to clarify, McConnell is the one who said Trump made a rookie mistake re: NATO, and Trump responded to that by saying he (McConnell) is 100% wrong.

DrMungo

I think he is scared that if he is off this election his site is shut down. He has Clinton lower than everyone so on some level he has to justify why he thinks she is worse off.
I noticed this too. He still wiping he egg of his face. I don't mind because we need to stay vigilant

CNN random has their episode of "The Sixties" on involved the JFK assassination, and naturally it goes into how it turned into a disaster of a conspiracy.

Looking at that, you know, seeing all the varied types of lone gunman shooting massacres, it's always been the same. An American citizen, acting alone, legally obtained the weapon involved in the crime, was a bit of a weirdo but rarely raised any red flags, etc. They never actually have any help, and rarely credit any specific thing. You can dig up some personal opinions but never any solid proof. They just do it. The proper scientific and logical conclusion was the simplest one but countless millions refused to believe it could be that bland.
Or it's worse than that, and he's really a Putin shill.
Would be extremely entertaining if Trump has been a Putin plant all along and not a Clinton plant. Trump does seem like the sort of guy that would gladly make a deal with Putin for a few billion dollars cash, though. And, yes, I'll make it clear that I'm suggesting that Trump is the sort of person who might decide to sell out his own country for enough money. This is Trump we're talking about. Few people have his tier of money-grubbing personality and perpetually act so desperate for money.

Disclaimer: There's no way this is actually true, just like there's no chance he was ever actually a Clinton plant. It's just extremely amusing to think about.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
With each passing day, I become more worried about him ever being in the role as POTUS. He's insane. He can't let anything go. I fear he would go to war at the drop of a hat.

pigeon

Banned
Superdelegate compromise seems good. One thing Nate Cohn pointed out is that it is kind of weird that superdelegates can endorse so early. I would be okay with a change that makes superdelegates lose their vote if they endorse before the convention vote.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Superdelegate compromise seems good. One thing Nate Cohn pointed out is that it is kind of weird that superdelegates can endorse so early. I would be okay with a change that makes superdelegates lose their vote if they endorse before the convention vote.

The problem with that is a lot of them are elected officials and you'd basically be saying that they don't have the right to endorse. You'd be saying Senators and Congressmen couldn't endorse, which would defeat the purpose of superdelegates.

Eh no. Not feeling that at all. Endorsements, especially from officials in some states, give access to voter lists, fundraising and local party infrastructure. The system is not that broken. I'm fine with what they've agreed to. That's enough. This is IMO a solution looking for a problem.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The fact that he's this close (in the election) is scary though.

If the US were more white like the UK, he probably would win which is so damn sad.

We really need to spend less time on World History before the Industrial Revolution and more time on the world after it.

sphagnum

Banned
We really need to spend less time on World History before the Industrial Revolution and more time on the world after it.

I'd like to see some more time spent on prehistoric societies that demonstrate that humans can be egalitarian too but you know, people find that boring.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Quick, Someone call the national enquirer that has Ailes saying bad things about trump

or have them leak some "internal memo"

Can't tell if Gary Johnson's "gaffe" here is more about racism or him being on all the drugs.:

After his speech, Johnson wandered around the convention greeting voters and conducted a round of interviews. One reporter asked him about the lack of diversity in the Libertarian Party, which, as some people remember from college dorm-room discussions, tends to attract a disproportionate number of young white males. Johnson said that there was no diversity problem, and that the Party would do better in nonwhite communities as he became better known. A few minutes later, an aide directed him to a room in the convention center that was named for Harriet Tubman. “Who’s Harriet Tubman?” Johnson asked. (After the aide reminded him who Tubman was, Johnson recalled that she will appear on a new twenty-dollar bill.)

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/gary-johnson-the-third-party-candidate

So, just got a chance to listen to the Kaine/Hillary speech and it was actually pretty good. Kaine's got a sort of earnest sincerity about him that I find much more appealing than I thought I would. Dude is aight in my books.

That's not racism

Lololol

No, I meant that Gary Johnson is decently racist based on his ranting and raving about hijabs a few months ago, but I can't tell if it's having an influence here. It's not racist, just weird.

Would be interested to know which drugs Johnson has been taking throughout this campaign, lol.

sphagnum

Banned

I mean this is pretty well accepted so I'm not sure what's funny? There's very clear evidence for social stratification arising out of the agricultural revolution as states began to form and the shamans/priesthood form a ruling class with the chiefs/kings who own and distribute the surplus produced by the farmers, and this didn't occur, or occurred very little, prior to that. Even in some of the cultures of Old Europe prior to the Yamna intrusion there was plenty enough such that stratification was low, because when there's little to no scarcity that forces people to adopt economies based on exchange, there's little impulse for greed.

There's no living former Secretaries of State endorsing Trump yet, are there? It seems the living Republican ones like Condoleeza Rice, Colin Powell, James Baker, George Shultz, and Henry Kissinger are all either sitting this one out or indicating they won't endorse him. Has one of them actually offered Trump an actual endorsement yet?

CNN random has their episode of "The Sixties" on involved the JFK assassination, and naturally it goes into how it turned into a disaster of a conspiracy.
It's a hell of a coincidence that two of the most important liberals of their time, Bobby and Jack, died in an assassination attempts and Teddy almost died in a plane crash!

Someone mentioned this on Twitter. For the first time in her life on the national stage, Hillary got to pick her partner instead of being the partner. That's got to feel good!

GutsOfThor

I am not well versed in debates(I get heated and start rambling) and therefore I come to you all looking for help. My friend was telling me how Obama has made the U.S. look like pussies in front of the entire world.
He said that Putin made Obama his bitch and that we are now disrespected around the world.

How do you refute this in a calm manner lol?

Azzanadra

As much as I am for a unified party at this point, I do understand not voting/going third party. Hillary is a moral red line for some and fair enough, its their vote. A vote is, after all an endorsement and a candidate should earn that endorsement rather than expect you to fall in line. I probably would vote for her as someone who supported Bernie during the primaries (if I could), but I can see where those who won't are coming from. What I don't understand is people going from Bernie to Trump, other than voting whoever is anti-establishment and viable.... that's a very dangerous line of thought.

I am not well versed in debates(I get heated and start rambling) and therefore I come to you all looking for help. My friend was telling me how Obama has made the U.S. look like pussies in front of the entire world.
He said that Putin made Obama his bitch and that we are now disrespected around the world.

How do you refute this in a calm manner lol?

Ask him in exactly what situations has Obama made us look like pussies and if he actually has an answer ask him what was the better course of action. I mean you could also point out that we still have the greatest military in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom