• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to hammer this in like crazy.

Not only does it take the heat off the DNC, but the nominee of one of our major parties may be in cahoots with Russia. That's a big damn deal that should concern everyone, R D and I.

If this were 30-40 years ago, the intense scrutiny over this would practically disqualify a candidate.

I think the right will just focus on the fact that the Democrats are incapable of being trusted with secure information.

Even for someone without an ego it's probably pretty devastating how to DWS with how quickly this happened especially when it was done by an illegal hack by the Russians.

I don't think keeping the hack in the news does anyone any good even if it's fucking ludicrous that the Russian government is trying to influence our elections.

Teggy

I thought that because of the deal she would resign at the end of the convention but now was back to doing the opening closing gavel and also speaking?

Touchdown

Banned
They need to hammer this in like crazy.

the intense scrutiny over this would practically disqualify a candidate.

we've said this so many times before though and like herpes.....he's still going.

57b178ef6d.gif

ampere

Diablosing

Bams and Willy are speaking at the convention. It's gonna be good

And this fellow who some call... Tim? He's speaking too

Bowdz

Even for someone without an ego it's probably pretty devastating how to DWS with how quickly this happened especially when it was done by an illegal hack by the Russians.

Seriously. Two days ago, she was probably looking forward to the DNC and planning the rest of the year. This afternoon, she's done and in a somewhat competitive primary. It's a lot to take in.

ampere

It's a fine line that we're going to have to walk with this.

Do we keep it in the media by saying "Yup, it was Russia" or do we STFU about it and let it go? That's what we have to figure out.

CNN: "uh guys what does this even mean? I hope there's another plagiarism event, I understood that"

remist

Not sure if this is new or not, but NYT has confirmed that the DNC hacks were done by Russia.
Yea they're just repeating the findings of Crowdstrike, the firm the DNC hired to investigate the hacks. Also it's not completely accurate as the two groups are only suspected to be affiliated with Russian intelligence not actual agencies.

kess

Not sure if this is new or not, but NYT has confirmed that the DNC hacks were done by Russia.

It still blows my mind that Michael Flynn was the guy in charge of the Defense Intelligence Agency, the organization that was supposed to fight this kind of stuff.

Teggy

Well, we're off to a great start.

Luke Rudkowski‏ @Lukewearechange
A bunch of Bernie Supporters just took over the #DNCinPHL official welcome party calling for a roll call vote

jbug617

Banned
THERE IS NO CONVENTION

IT DOESNT START TIL TOMORROW

From what is being reported she feels that she deserves to be there for her hard work. She wants to open and close the convention. Also wants to make a short speech to the delegates (3-5minutes).

From what is being reported she feels that she deserves to be there for her hard work. She wants to open and close the convention. Also wants to make a short speech to the delegates (3-5minutes).

She's going to get booed by a shit ton of those delegates. As hard as this is she should not be speaking.

TopDreg

Further evidence that she shouldn't be DNC head. It's difficult to feel unjustly hated, but her role should be doing what she can to advance to the party as a whole. Her speaking is a bad idea.

GutsOfThor

As tempting as it is to tie the hacks to trump, I say let it go. There is no need to keep this shit in the news. Hell, repubs will probably start saying shit like, "Democrats can't even secure their own severs, how are they supposed to secure the country?"

Let it go!

Well, we're off to a great start.

Luke Rudkowski‏ @Lukewearechange
A bunch of Bernie Supporters just took over the #DNCinPHL official welcome party calling for a roll call vote

Fucking Christ.

TopDreg

As tempting as it is to tie the hacks to trump, I say let it go. There is no need to keep this shit in the news. Hell, repubs will probably start saying shit like, "Democrats can't even secure their own severs, how are they supposed to secure the country?"

Let it go!

What? Tying Trump to Russia is a fantastic, worthwhile thing to do, politically and for its social merit.

Dierce

Ugh. I'm going to sleep. I can't take this shit.

Don't worry about them. They were unreliable voters from the very beginning. They weren't going to vote for the democratic candidate in November, they are simply trying to cause a scene just because they weren't able to hijack the Democratic party. They are quite the <1%.

Boke1879

Don't worry about them. They were unreliable voters from the very beginning. They weren't going to vote for the democratic candidate in November, they are simply trying to cause a scene just because they weren't able to hijack the Democratic party. They are quite the <1%.

I think people are worried about the optics.

Makai

That wouldn't exactly be an outrageous statement to make.

Did you think I had I much higher opinion of other historical or existing forms of government for some reason?
Any political system you can devise will be classified as an oligarchy with your liberal definition. If it describes everything, it's not a useful word, so we need to give it a much more restricted definition - USA does not qualify.

remist

Hopefully this is a minority of Bernie supporters. They've done a great job getting practical changes to the platform, the DNC and the rules, but this close to the convention it starts to become counterproductive. Bernie should probably make a more public statement encouraging some tempering of the fervor.

Boke1879

Even so it was still bound to happen. In the end it will only feed into the 'burners' echo chamber and not go beyond that. They are unredeemable at this point so we must move on.

I get that. I think most were just expecting a lot of this to go off without any infighting.

You aren't going to make it are you?

Like, if I could go to sleep tomorrow and wake up on Friday, I would. No lie.

These are a bunch of privileged (mostly white, mostly male) people who don't have a god damn clue. None at all. Their fee-fees got hurt because they didn't get exactly what they felt entitled to (and there is a sense of entitlement about them, there's no question at all). They've never lived a life where their very existence wasn't in question because of who and what they are. Hell, this is probably the first time in their life they didn't get exactly what they wanted.

The alternative is LITERALLY a fascist. Like, this isn't "LOLOL Dubya is such a fascist guis..." We're talking an actual, honest to goodness fascist. And they're sit there bitching about TPP and whatever? And, for the first time in my life, I don't know how to engage with these people because they are seemingly incapable of compromising. They got almost every, single thing they wanted from the platform. They got their wish about superdelegates, even though most of them probably (and unfortunately) won't vote again.

And, ya, I'm pissy because, gosh dang it, Hillary earned this fucking nomination after all the shit she's been through. She earned it by working her ass off for votes and delegates and states. But it's just never freaking good enough.

I'm not saying we're going to lose, that's not my point. My point is after the shit show of last week this should be a slam dunk, no issue convention. But, again, it can't be because, of course not. We're liberals (supposedly) and we have to make shit way harder than it has to be.

(And this isn't all Bernie supporters. Not even a majority of them. I'm talking about the ones that are doing this stuff.)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I get that. I think most were just expecting a lot of this to go off without any infighting.

That's the danger of attacking the party you are running for with accusations of corruption. Sanders fucked up and considering the historic number of concessions he got, he better get his shit together.

po1337co said:
Aides to President Barack Obama urged him to get rid of the troublesome DNC chair last fall. He passed, figuring she was Hillary Clinton&#8217;s problem to solve.

Thanks obama!

After Obama&#8217;s 2012 victory, Messina and longtime political adviser Patrick Gaspard, who worked under Wasserman Schultz at the DNC, pressed the president to push her out, advising he tap former Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak as her replacement. Obama &#8211; who cared little for the party machinations &#8211; figured the move would be more trouble than it was worth and told his aides that he was OK having Wasserman Schultz serve as chairwoman until he left office. &#8220;It&#8217;s embarrassing that Obama left the problem for Hillary,&#8221; one former West Wing adviser told POLITICO.

well, that totally didn't bite the party in the ass, eh? Yes, im aware that this isn't new news, but gods does it still annoy me.

Boke1879

That's the danger of attacking the party you are running for with accusations of corruption. Sanders fucked up and considering the historic number of concessions he got, he better get his shit together.

I mean he already endorsed. I'm sure he'll reinforce that tomorrow and hopefully he'll throw in some language to his supporters about calming down.

Other than that this is the fringe and unfortunately they couldn't unite against a man like Trump.

royalan

Let it go!

Fucking Christ.

I think "letting this go" would be a mistake for one reason:

Wikileaks very, very likely has more emails.

They said they do. Jeff Weaver earlier today even noted that all the emails leaked only cover a small period of the primaries. And, I dunno, if I were trying to sabotage my opponent's elections, slowly leaking the emails over the course of their primary, thus guaranteeing it dominated the entire week, would make a whole lot of sense.

I do think this is something Dems need to stay ahead of like they did today.

Republicans aren't going to want to let this die.
Bernie holdouts aren't going to want to let this die.
The media won't want to let this die.
And Putin certainly won't want to let this die.

Tying this to Russia (and to Trump), makes this a much bigger deal than the DNC and provides a bit of cover.

I dunno, I guess we'll see how this week goes. But nobody should be surprised it this only the first email dump.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I mean he already endorsed. I'm sure he'll reinforce that tomorrow and hopefully he'll throw in some language to his supporters about calming down.

Other than that this is the fringe and unfortunately they couldn't unite against a man like Trump.

I'll admit that it's difficult to say if Sanders ran the clean campaign he promised said he would, that we would still be in this situation.
Edit: I can't find any directly said promises on the matter, so I edited. However, he did explicitly say he would run a positive campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom