• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I continue to argue that the Democrats don't do anywhere near enough to draw in the less educated.

Plumbob said:
You can live in a liberal enclave in the US

I'd love to, but we'll see. It's expensive to live in those areas and I'm a teacher in a 1-income household. I'm getting my Ph.D. in Education, though, so that might get me a professor job somewhere eventually.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 19m19 minutes ago
The new joke in town is that Russia leaked the disastrous DNC e-mails, which should never have been written (stupid), because Putin likes me

Yeah Donald, you're losing the media plot.

You can live in a liberal enclave in the US

That doesn't really help when there's a nation wide financial crash. You can hide in California, or New York, or Massachusetts and be shielded from most of the ridiculous social policies, but economically it's a bit harder for a state to completely isolate itself.

People are going to need to accept that half the country supports the kinds of things trump is saying. I know it's hard to imagine and it's been a little shocking but it's true.

I mean
It hasnt even been a decade since americans were running a concentration/torture camp off the coast (currently apparently downgraded to a prison of dubious legality). Shouldnt be hard to accept at all.

alternade

It is all on how this week goes for Hillary and DNC.

I don't trust BernieorBusters to stay quiet. Republicans always fall in line, Democrats tend not too.
I'm tired of their shit tbh. They just want to be selfish and throw the rest of us under the bus for what? A sore ego that their anointed one didn't get chosen. Makes me sick.

People are going to need to accept that half the country supports the kinds of things trump is saying. I know it's hard to imagine and it's been a little shocking but it's true.

We're still the same country that locked up a bunch of Japanese people in our own personal Law & Order camps, and a lot of these same Trump supporters think that's an idea we should bring back :c

Boke1879

I really hope Trump says something stupid after Michelle Obama gives her speech.

All in all people need to relax. Let's see what happens tonight and after this week. I think things will start to normalize.

After this the campaign truly begins.

Effect

So what are some of you doing to keep yourself distracted? Trying to throw myself into work today but once I'm done that could be when the problems start. Wondering if I should just go to bed early tonight.

DrMungo

I really hope Trump says something stupid after Michelle Obama gives her speech.

All in all people need to relax. Let's see what happens tonight and after this week. I think things will start to normalize.

After this the campaign truly begins.

This is true, although this will be the longest 3 months ever....
it just saddens me Trump can get a bounce after plagiarized speeches, no platform, and kangaroo show trials.

Vahagn

48% fuck!

If Hillary doesn't open up a 5-7 point lead after this convention we're going to be in a tough spot.

I really really really think she needs to stop being a nice person. People don't want nice, they want strong.

Call Trump a white supremacist neo Nazi, and do it every single day until the end of the vote. Use every single shooting done by white people and Trump's predictable silence as evidence that Trump would turn a blind eye to white mass murderers. Ask him why there's no Canadian wall, ask him why he won't go after Europeans that overstay their visas. Basically make it astoundingly clear that he's a racist while reiterating every day that democrats don't believe in racial profiling.

The fact that Trump got a dump after that horrible convention, and that horrendous speech, makes me absolutely disgusted at the American public. In a sane country, that would have made him lose 10 points, not gain. This is the filth that people want?

The fact that Trump got a dump after that horrible convention, and that horrendous speech, makes me absolutely disgusted at the American public. In a sane country, that would have made him lose 10 points, not gain. This is the filth that people want?

Uneducated college whites...yes that is what they want.

The whole convention was about how Trump can get more white people to vote for him.

DrMungo

48% fuck!

If Hillary doesn't open up a 5-7 point lead after this convention we're going to be in a tough spot.

I really really really think she needs to stop being a nice person. People don't want nice, they want strong.

Call Trump a white supremacist neo Nazi, and do it every single day until the end of the vote. Use every single shooting done by white people and Trump's predictable silence as evidence that Trump would turn a blind eye to white mass murderers. Ask him why there's no Canadian wall, ask him why he won't go after Europeans that overstay their visas. Basically make it astoundingly clear that he's a racist.

Seriously this has echoes of Kerry's campaign. Kerry got Swift-Boated and labeled a "flip-flopper" and people didn't trust him. He never fought back. He was long winded. He seems aloof. We didn't really know his personal story outside of his career. He has credentials up to his neck, but not enough people cared. He also only lost by 1 state effectively - Ohio, which was very close. Clinton is lucky that Trump causes a visceral disgust whereas GWB was seen a jolly and likable.

Diablos

Well a lot of it is GOPers realizing he's their only choice.

Plus a 4 point bump is modest at best. McCain got like 8-10.

So this poll in and of itself isn't a nightmare. What we need to know is:

1. Can Hillary come out of her convention at least relatively strong or will the Berniebros and/or Russian hack of the DNC squander that?

2. Are there any other leaks coming that could further damage the campaign and DNC?

3. Can she get a solid 4 pt. bounce at least?

4. Will Johnson/Stein become more or less relevant?

So what demographic is Trump doing so much better than Romney that it causes this polling?

By all accounts, Hillary seems to be matching or exceeding Obama's demographics, so I'm a little confused as to where Trump is getting these votes.

Kusagari

The whole thing is wildly out of whack because of third parties sucking up so much of the vote right now.

We all know they're not coming close to that much in November.

So what demographic is Trump doing so much better than Romney that it causes this polling?

By all accounts, Hillary seems to be matching or exceeding Obama's demographics, so I'm a little confused as to where Trump is getting these votes.

Uneducated college whites.

Also, why the fuck is DWS speaking at the convention. What the fuck is wrong with Dems and Clinton campaign.

The whole thing is wildly out of whack because of third parties sucking up so much of the vote right now.

We all know they're not coming close to that much in November.

This is not a normal election cycle. I wouldn't be surprised if neither Trump or Clinton cross 46-47%

The CNN polls has Trump winning non-college educated whites by 40 points. Which is what he'd need to actually pull it off.

Teggy

Robert CostaVerified account
‏@costareports
I'm told by a top Democrat that boos for DWS are expected to be heavy and coordinated... progressive delegates are hoping for a moment

Why is she still speaking?

‏@costareports
I'm told by a top Democrat that boos for DWS are expected to be heavy and coordinated... progressive delegates are hoping for a moment

DNC/Clinton Campaign are a bunch of

XwIIwSU.gif

Kusagari

‏@costareports

What the hell does this mean? They think her getting booed helps the party?

Brinbe

There are enough of those to mess up polling this badly?

Maybe nationally. They definitely are more inspired to GOTV for Trump than they were for McCain/Romney imo. It still remains to be seen how this plays in swing states though.

Again, running up the score in Alabama and the rest of GOP country doesn't mean shit.

If the Clinton campaign/Obama doesn't kick DWS out of the convention, then they pretty much deserve all the bad press they get.

Although WTF is DWS thinking. She has a primary in a month.

IT BEGINS

CoNmaIzW8AU8yZT.jpg:large

gcubed

One, DWS is a joke, and has been for her tenure that has only seen electoral failure. Get her off the stage and out of Philly.

Two, i don't miss poll-gaf

PBY

Banned
If the Clinton campaign/Obama doesn't kick DWS out of the convention, then they pretty much deserve all the bad press they get.

Although WTF is DWS thinking. She has a primary in a month.

IT BEGINS

CoNmaIzW8AU8yZT.jpg:large

One, DWS is a joke, and has been for her tenure that has only seen electoral failure. Get her off the stage and out of Philly.

Two, i don't miss poll-gaf
It kinda doesn't matter if she's joining the Clinton campaign

WTF IM DIABLOSING SO HARD BUT ALSO WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY HIRE HER

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/7054...e-supremacists-cheer-trump-convention-message

The well-dressed men who gathered in Cleveland's Ritz-Carlton bar after Donald Trump's speech accepting the Republican nomination for president prefer the term "Europeanists," ''alt-right," or even "white nationalists." They are also die-hard Trump supporters.

And far from hiding in chat rooms or under white sheets, they cheered the GOP presidential nominee from inside the Republican National Convention over the last week. While not official delegates, they nevertheless obtained credentials to attend the party's highest-profile quadrennial gathering.

Several gathered in the luxury hotel well after midnight following Trump's Thursday address, a fiery appeal they said helped push the Republican Party closer to their principles.

"I don't think people have fully recognized the degree to which he's transformed the party," said Richard Spencer, a clean-cut 38-year-old from Arlington, Virginia, who sipped Manhattans as he matter-of-factly called for removing African-Americans, Hispanics and Jews from the United States.

Like most in his group, Spencer said this year's convention was his first. On his social media accounts, he posted pictures of himself wearing a red Trump "Make America Great Again" hat at Quicken Loans Arena. And he says he hopes to attend future GOP conventions.

"Tons of people in the alt-right are here," he said, putting their numbers at the RNC this week in the dozens. "We feel an investment in the Trump campaign."

Boke1879

Just some advice for you all. Just relax. What is going to happen will happen. And nothing truly matters until election night. So just sit back and stop stressing out.

Is this what Diablosing feels like? I think I'm Diablosing.

I can generally handle the swings in politics pretty well but that CNN poll completely blew my mind. Spent an hour researching what its like living as an expat in Spain. If the race is close in a month I'm legit going to convert half of my savings into euros.

All because Clinton did not want to deal with having a state department email inbox.

No. Obama had fucking *nothing* and he had to give press conferences disavowing his anti-whitey Christian radicalism(??) and prove he was born in the fucking country.

They will always find something, or invent something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom