• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Then stop saying two month surge for one. you have already started diablosing so you don't get to say you've reserved that.

You're right. I need to take a step back. Has just been jarring to see the outcome (trump as the nominee) that some (including myself) were pulling for on the assumption that it was demographic suicide is so close in the short term. Think its important to understand what you posted that the country really is close to 50/50 split, regardless.

dramatis

One thing that I don't understand is why Clinton doesn't repudiate the accusations thrown at her. I remember when she was Secretary of State and had a nearly 70% approval rating but then the republicans launched a negative blitz against her due to the embassy attack which led to the email debacle. I don't remember her having a concentrated effort in defending herself against often times conspiratory accusations which could easily be countered as fringe bullshit. Hopefully she can quickly bring people in that can rapidly respond to new accusations.
What's the use of doing that? People will just twist her words.

HylianTom

Banned
AP: BREAKING: FBI confirms that it's investigating hack involving Democratic National Committee emails.

---

Also, Bernie's insiders/staff are working on convincing floor delegates to behave. Let's see how this goes over.

Fraud

Lock kev up
Judge-Angry-Gavel.jpg

Order, order! There will be order in this thread!

Iolo

Also, Bernie's insiders/staff are working on convincing floor delegates to behave. Let's see how this goes over.

We'll see. In the end Bernie is a politician but his delegates are true believers. This was always the danger in stringing them along.

Case in point:

Ben Smith ‏@BuzzFeedBen 5m5 minutes ago Philadelphia, PA

A challenge for the New York delegation, I'm told: restive Bernie supporters REALLY hate Cuomo.

This election has stopped being fun and has now become psychologically draining. It's to the point where if some all-powerful arbiter flew in and said they could end the 2016 election today, but the price to pay would be a Romney-level Republican being awarded the presidency, I'd probably be weak enough to consider it.

I picked a hell of a year to curtail drinking.

We'll see. In the end Bernie is a politician but his delegates are true believers. This was always the danger in stringing them along.

Case in point:
A lot of them are working families supporters.

I know some delegates. A lot of them aren't loyal Dems. They hate Hillary and want to bomb throw

effzee

For the life of me I don't get why Bernie and his supporters, including delegates, are acting like they actually won.

I see headlines and bottom line break news alerts how Bernie isn't happy with the Kaine pick or that his camp thinks its giving him the shaft.

Honestly WTF? This is the time to put aside the fact you lost and just work to get her elected. And now we have to hear about how you don't like the vp pick? It isn't up to you? Nor does she have to pick the candidate you like because you had a strong primary.

Man I really like Bernie and wished he was the candidate but this nonsense is too much now. Doesn't help that Hillary continues to do the dumbest things like now hiring DWS in her campaign.

WTF are the democrats doing?

gcubed

i have no doubt that Bernie is going to give an awesome speech tonight, i have no doubt that the machinations are going to go smoothly, i have doubt that there will be a good deal of fuckwits on the floor.

In-between convention polls are weird to freak out about.

Unless you're alarmed that Republicans were excited after a four day Klan rally in which they wanted so badly to execute HRC. I mean, that is alarming, but hey, people suck.

Now that my diablosing has died down some its actually a really good sign that both candidates are in NC today. Clinton going after a Romney state while Trump defends it is a much better indicator of where the race is today than some volatile polls.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Bernie is extremely anti-Trump. He knows how serious this is

Last week and the polling tightening probably pushed him to do the right thing. I'm glad he had a breaking point.

Seriously this is pretty much it. But I still don't think it moves people to Trump. The only thing I can see them having is her server ans possibily deleted emails.

That being said holding them till October is a big gamble and I have to think releasing them in the primary (they'd have had to have had them for 4 years!) Or right after would do more damge.

Idk what an October release does and if it moves people.

The DNC leaks were perfectly timed since they were hacked to late to really change the primary.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
The average person only heard about the plagiarism thing because that's all the news deemed important

The wikileaks stuff also was pretty common - but that's in lieu of the various major cyberbreaches we've had (Sony, Google, etc) the last couple of years.

The poll apparently didn't include any (or many) 18-34 year olds ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When they start voting consistently they will get more share

Fraud

Lock kev up

Seconded. Lock Kev up.

As for the polls, even Silver has openly said that the Election NowCast polls are specifically for people to panic over because people like panicking.

"Polls-plus is the most accurate, historically. But the now-cast is fun if you like to panic!"

I'll start worrying about the polls by Labor Day. Our goal is to have at least a 5 pt advantage (which is my current model for post DNC bump); and try to push it to 7 to prepare for the inevitable October surprise (which I think will be leaked Clinton server e-mails and the Goldman Sachs transcripts). We'll need a lot of help from Bernie and Warren to start solidifying that progressive hold to get through those (if those end up being what happens).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom