• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Further info on the hack
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/all-signs-point-to-russia-being-behind-the-dnc-hack

Not reacting politically to the DNC hack is setting a dangerous precedent. A foreign agency, exploiting Wikileaks and a cutthroat media marketplace, appears to be carefully planning and timing a high-stakes political campaign in the United States that could escalate next week, next fall, or next time. Trump, ironically, is right: the system is actually rigged.

Sounds exactly like what we're getting this week. Waving this off and treating it as if it's just some conspiracy is dangerous and plays directly into what Russia wants. Which is to antagonize and de-stabilize.

It's interesting. If this was another time, or the target Republican, there'd be discussions of cyber-war.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
You'll be fine. If you're worried donate what you can. Go out and campaign for her. let people know about early voting if possible. On election day remind everyone to go out and vote and what the stakes are. Hell start letting them know now.

If people can't make it to vote give them a ride to their polling place.

Sorry. Its just with how negative the OT has been lately, I think its starting to affect me. I dont have anywhere in real life to talk about this stuff.

Emarv

Something to remember before freaking it is, by any reasonable person, Trump and the GOP had a terrible convention last week in terms of optics. And somehow he still got a poll bump, because battlelines are drawn.

There will be some poor optics this week. There will be some dumb dumb screwups, but it won't matter. The poll fluctuations will still happen because the big speeches to motivate your base is what matters. Everything else is just for political junkies like us. The real road to swing independents starts later around debate season. Now is where we see what the parties do.

Boke1879

Sorry. Its just with how negative the OT has been lately, I think its starting to affect me. I dont have anywhere in real life to talk about this stuff.

I know but you have to remember. It's the internet. People thrive off negativity. Unfortunately in our country the media does as well and they all have agendas..for better or worse.

If you need to talk about anything. You can in here. You'll get some reassurance sure, but you'll also get nuanced responses.

Slayven

I think overall immersing yourself into political bullshit is not good for anyone. Especially at any given moment you can find something that either supports your view or doesn't. . I think everyone just needs to just pull back. a bit

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Like what would motivate dws to go in front of crowds she know will boo her? Lol. Obama should show up and shame those people.

thefro

I think overall immersing yourself into political bullshit is not good for anyone. Especially at any given moment you can find something that either supports your view or doesn't. . I think everyone just needs to just pull back. a bit

People shouldn't be depressed, but zoning out is almost as bad.

Folks are going to need to go to work so that we win this.

kingkitty

I think things will brighten up after the DNC + debates. However, if these leaks are indeed coordinated from Russia, then I figure they might drop something big (at least optics-wise) in late October or early November. One final gut punch.

Brinbe

I will say that DWS seriously needs to go away this week for the good of the party. Totally unneeded distraction. They have to know this, right? Frustrating.

CoN2UdgW8AAE7Sn.jpg:large

They've gone full circle!

Some of my most liberal friends sound like right-wingers these days. It's fucking disgusting. Weak minded fools.

Random17

I find it intensely silly that the Greens are pushing against Clinton so strongly. If there is anything more badly damaged under a Trump presidency, it would be environmental policy. Subsidies would disappear, more coal, less government research funding etc etc. A full blown climate change denier, not even a dog whistler, in the White House.

Also if Trump wins, say goodbye to anything Obama can't veto. These same progressives will watch everything they fought for get overturned. Still, that's no consolation. It's just irony.

Edit: Either I've gone mad or the world has gone mad.

I think things will brighten up after the DNC + debates. However, if these leaks are indeed coordinated from Russia, then I figure they might drop something big in late October or early November for the final gut punch.

I don't think they have anything major. They're only working from emails from within DNC staff, so what could possibly be in there?

They're just trying to stir up Bernie people, and will likely continue to drip feed in more emails about that stuff.

I also wouldn't be surprised if some emails get doctored or removed from context.

Boke1879

Time and again I've said it before. Dems, liberals and progressives can be their own worst fucking enemy.

Also Obama and the rest of the dems need to really call up DWS and say this isn't a good idea.

DrMungo

if its any comfort, the GE polls are only a surrogate marker.
Its always boils the electoral map
Trump needs all 3 - FL, OH, PA.

Or if he loses PA, but gets FL and OH, then he needs all 4 of NV, NH, IA, and NC (although thats probably a strong lean R) to muster up a tie (269-269)

If Clinton locks down FL then its almost a guaranteed victory

That being said, complacency is dangerous and we all need to vote.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
What did DWS do wrong other than have an opinion? (I'm referring strictly to this election).

PBY

Banned
Clinton campaign officials say @DWStweets still intends to gavel in the convention, despite boos at FL delegation breakfast this morning.
via Nancy Cordes

Fuck fuck fuck fuck. Email leaks, Bernie Bros, DWS, non college educated whites, RUSSIANS, Trump magic, Clinton unfavorables. WE'RE FUUUUUUUUCKED!!!!

Oh wait, what?

To be fair that just barely catches Comey's smackdown, so that poll is pretty useless as a current picture.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Between various polls/political news and reading threads about climate change and unsolved murders I am having a very hard time maintaining any level of positive emotion today.

Dierce

Time and again I've said it before. Dems, liberals and progressives can be their own worst fucking enemy.

Also Obama and the rest of the dems need to really call up DWS and say this isn't a good idea.

The one thing that keeps me sane in an environment of uncertainly is the fact that we are on the good side of history. We will fight to keep this world from being consumed by hatred and bigotry. We will fight to overcome injustices, prejudices and ignorance and in the end, we will win as we've always done.

Boke1879

The one thing that keeps me sane in an environment of uncertainly is the fact that we are on the good side of history. We will fight to keep this world from being consumed by hatred and bigotry. We will fight to overcome injustices, prejudices and ignorance and in the end, we will win as we've always done.

I agree and I do believe we'll win in November. But God DAMN we make shit harder than it needs to be. The party should at the very least be unified right now. We shouldn't have to deal with boo's and Bernie loyalists chanting "Lock her up!"

At this point those supporters should just vote Trump. They sound like republicans anyway or at the least don't mind if he's elected.

Crocodile

What did DWS do wrong other than have an opinion? (I'm referring strictly to this election).

Nothing as far as I can tell. Maybe a wonky debate schedule (that got amended anyway)? It's part of why this shit is so dumb. Morons want her head because of "feelings".

Wilsongt

“If @BernieSanders repudiates the Democratic Party that betrayed him, I'd welcome him into @GreenPartyUS to continue the revolution,” Stein posted on Twitter on Saturday afternoon.
Stein’s comments come in the wake of a massive leak of emails from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) this weekend that revealed party officials' plans to undermine Sanders's presidential campaign.

Go away, Jill.

Dierce

I agree and I do believe we'll win in November. But God DAMN we make shit harder than it needs to be. The party should at the very least be unified right now. We shouldn't have to deal with boo's and Bernie loyalists chanting "Lock her up!"

At this point those supporters should just vote Trump. They sound like republicans anyway or at the least don't mind if he's elected.
They are just individuals who were looking for a 'non-establishment' candidate. They were unsuccessful in hijacking the Democratic party and most likely will vote for orange turd just because they only want to send a message. It is indeed a dangerous mindset they have but there is nothing we can do about it. If just hearing orange turd talk is not enough to put them off than they are beyond hope.

Nothing as far as I can tell. Maybe a wonky debate schedule (that got amended anyway)? It's part of why this shit is so dumb. Morons want her head because of "feelings".

The primaries would have ended in March with NY and CA in Super Tuesday like they were in 2008 but I don't know how much control she had over that.

“If @BernieSanders repudiates the Democratic Party that betrayed him, I'd welcome him into @GreenPartyUS to continue the revolution,” Stein posted on Twitter on Saturday afternoon.
Stein’s comments come in the wake of a massive leak of emails from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) this weekend that revealed party officials' plans to undermine Sanders's presidential campaign.

Go away, Jill.

it's so great that Bernie hasn't never even looked at her direction. Everyone knows she's a dumpster fire.

dramatis

I wonder about that. There are many individuals preoccupied with optics and the 'fixing of the system' before thinking about addressing injustices.

Boke1879

LOL of all the speeches. I'm more worried about what Bill is going to say.

But one thing I give Bill. He knows how to give a speech in a way that hits with the everyday person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom