• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paskil

Just received my first Convention text from Hillary Campaign

Any guesses on what's going to drop from the Ceiling?
Answer:
2016-07-25.jpg

I bet they're all tied down and mistakenly filled with helium rather than air. Then when they go to drop them at coronation, they will just continue to float. DNC is in disarray. Mess!

Fox318

Bernie has lost control of what he started

If there was another candidate with more mainsteam appeal Bernie wouldn't have gotten as far as he did.

He was elevated because of the vacancy from other democrats and because of Hillary's bad numbers/30 years of political baggage.

This is the DNC's fault. Blame them. Add in that DWS resigned so fast, it gives them even more reason to believe it was completely rigged.

Consider peoples grievances. They are still on your side with a majority of the policy, but you have to also take care of the people that are on your side.

I don't think trump or his people know about this (including Manafort) but there's likely enough for Hillary to hit him on it and really scare people that he'll go soft on Russia.

I think that scares people in suburbia more than emails getting hacked (she looks like a victim).
Trump has probably enough latitude to escape the coming judgment, but no way no how he doesn't know and wasnt on board. He's a micromanaging asshole to the T.

pigeon

Banned
You need to chill lol

There's a reason Kev wanted to rename diablosing to cartoon_soldiering although personally I think they are different verbs.

Diablosing is when you display completely random anxiety about stuff that nobody is really thinking about (in fairness to Diablos himself he has cut way down on this).

Cartoon_soldiering is when you see a single tweet or comment and immediately extrapolate that out towards armageddon.

I will say, I think Bernie maybe didn't quite understand that after floating increasingly unrealistic scenarios, he deserves some fault for what's happening on the floor. Obviously, it's up to Hillary to win these voters over, but the ways in which Bernie struggled to lose gracefully definitely contributed to this.

Boke1879

At this point yall need to stop worrying about what this group of people will do. They will never be happy and if they are going to boo they were going to do it regardless.

Just accept whatever this brings but right now they look like immature children.

If there was another candidate with more mainsteam appeal Bernie wouldn't have gotten as far as he did.

He was elevated because of the vacancy from other democrats and because of Hillary's bad numbers/30 years of political baggage.

If only Martin O'Malley didn't screw up policing so badly in Baltimore that he was made into the villain of a wildly popular TV show.

Hopfrog

Well, on the one hand you have to give it to the die-hards - when they said the "revolution" is bigger than even Sanders they clearly meant it.

On the other hand, these are people who feel justified in attempting to derail the Democratic party by supporting hopeless third-party candidates when a reality-star carnival barker racist demagogue wannabe would be the likely beneficiary.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I will say, I think Bernie maybe didn't quite understand that after floating increasingly unrealistic scenarios, he deserves some fault for what's happening on the floor. Obviously, it's up to Hillary to win these voters over, but the ways in which Bernie struggled to lose gracefully definitely contributed to this.

Pretty much. He needed to start letting them down easy a lot sooner than he did.

Iolo

This is the DNC's fault. Blame them. Add in that DWS resigned so fast, it gives them even more reason to believe it was completely rigged.

Consider peoples grievances. They are still on your side with a majority of the policy, but you have to also take care of the people that are on your side.

I think it is evident that nothing will placate these particular people short of Bernie getting the nomination. Booing your own candidate is pretty low tbqh.

PBY

Banned
"They don't know your name is being put in nomination. That's the concern," says Jane Sanders on a hot mic at end of Bernie's remarks.

Fox318

I think it is evident that nothing will placate these particular people short of Bernie getting the nomination. Booing your own candidate is pretty low tbqh.

Then maybe Hillary should have just thrown the VP spot to him.

She took the advantage of a running mate who speaks Spanish and is from a swing state over somebody who clearly has a following.

Boke1879

"They don't know your name is being put in nomination. That's the concern," says Jane Sanders on a hot mic at end of Bernie's remarks.

Do they not realize they can give their delegates to Sanders but he's going to give them to Clinton?

Bernie already said he's giving his delegates to Clinton. So...?

She took the advantage of a running mate who speaks Spanish and is from a swing state over somebody who clearly has a following.

The VP spot is going to be someone who she needs to work with every single day, and I don't think either Hillary or Bernie would've wanted it.

Why would Hillary need to have someone who speaks Spanish when she is against DONALD TRUMP.

Boke1879

No she shouldn't have given the VP slot to Sanders to try and win over some holdouts. She needs someone she can actually work with and Kaine looks to be the man for the job.

pigeon

Banned
Meanwhile, Clinton and Trump are both pulling campaign funds out of Colorado.

Given the polls, I assume it is now a solid blue state.

Hopfrog

Trump less dangerous than Hillary.

The man is a walking constitutional crisis. People are out of their fucking minds.

I hate to be accused of pulling a "no true Scotsman," but no real progressive should believe that Trump is less dangerous than Hillary. He is completely unfit for office, and might be the only candidate for the presidency in my lifetime that I am truly afraid of inhabiting the office.

Fox318

Why would Hillary need to have someone who speaks Spanish when she is against DONALD TRUMP.

That's exactly why.

Two most important demographics in a major election like this are women and latinos.

Two most likely groups to switch and it usually decides the election.

Bernie already said he's giving his delegates to Clinton. So...?

The VP spot is going to be someone who she needs to work with every single day, and I don't think either Hillary or Bernie would've wanted it.

No she shouldn't have given the VP slot to Sanders to try and win over some holdouts. She needs someone she can actually work with and Kaine looks to be the man for the job.
VP spot is the single most powerless job in politics. Aside from Cheney at most its a glorified adviser.

Lets not forget the job is worth:

"Not worth a bucket of warm spit."

Dierce

A large number of these people Sanders brought in would probably have never considered voting Democratic and still never will. Nothing is gained or lost with their support which quite clearly consists of overwhelmingly white people who probably feel something is owed to them at the expense of defending minority rights.

It is a movement that is my opining is more about emotions than facts. Of course the optics are bad but they wont stick around for much longer.

Why would she need Bernie as VP when she is against Donald Trump?

Someone that got 46% of the vote/delegates is more use than someone that can speak Spanish. Now, I'm sure Kaine has many much attributes, but the speaking spanish part is what I found funny.

Boke1879

I hate to be accused of pulling a "no true Scotsman," but no real progressive should believe that Trump is less dangerous than Hillary. He is completely unfit for office, and might be the only candidate for the presidency in my lifetime that I am truly afraid of inhabiting the office.

This man can't be President. His NATO comments, his softeness on Putin and his rhetoric he spouts is dangerous.

Everyone should be making a concentrated effort to stop this man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom