• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernie sent a text saying not to protest.

Listen Sanders supporters at the convention aren't anything but true believers. Nobody is gonna care after the convention.

Fox318

Trump didn't fuck around though, they replaced delegates, had people manning aisles to shut people up.

If Hillary did that, it'd be a national fucking nightmare

They squashed the never Trumpers in meetings before the convention and placated to the establishment with his VP pick.

There hasn't really been any VISIBLE movement from the Clinton campaign to really court after those voters.

Then again unless she takes a stronger stance against Wall Street or Weed I don't see those people publicly changing their opinion on her.

Boke1879

They squashed the never Trumpers in meetings before the convention and placated to the establishment with his VP pick.

There hasn't really been any VISIBLE movement from the Clinton campaign to really court after those voters.

Then again unless she takes a stronger stance against Wall Street or Weed I don't see those people publicly changing their opinion on her.

They aren't going to do it anyway. They are called Bernie or Busters for a reason.

I don't know but I love it. Her face really sells it.

Wait what? Did you see all the 'concessions' they made on the platform?

Link

The Autumn Wind
How many clueless fucking young white guys are they going to interview about being Bernie or Busters?

Lol, whole week I watched the RNC wondering how much of a mess it would be with the infighting. Got nothing.

DNC is living up to all my expectations though.
Did you not pay attention to the RNC?

Sanders spent months saying they were fighting to change the platform. They get huge compromises on the minimum wage, college funding, and healthcare there. The DNC also compromised on the super-delegates. Why don't you admit that there is a portion of the Sanders base that actively wants Trump to win?

They aren't going to do it anyway. They are called Bernie or Busters for a reason.

yeah, the difference is the radicals won on the right, so the people who lost were the moderates and easily understand what's at stake for the most part. For the dems its completely opposite

Fox318

I don't know but I love it. Her face really sells it.

Wait what? Did you see all the 'concessions' they made on the platform?

That's why I said visible.

The Bernie people there will still vote for Hillary when the debates come and they hear Trump in a debate but right now its going to be a little awkward.

Fox318

Sanders spent months saying they were fighting to change the platform. They get huge compromises on the minimum wage, college funding, and healthcare there. The DNC also compromised on the super-delegates. Why don't you admit that there is a portion of the Sanders base that actively wants Trump to win?

Oh those people I think are just really bitter after the email news (and they probably have a right to be) but again they will hear that first debate things will change.

https://www.cpc.udel.edu/news/Pages/national-survey-public-opinion-on-clinton-and-trump.aspx

July%202016%20National%20Survey%20Figure%201.PNG

Nate says it is High Quality poll

gcubed

Fox318

You can tell none of the people on CNN or any other show have any idea what the DNC and its leadership are doing so they don't want to speak for them.

What a mess.

Oh those people I think are just really bitter after the email news (and they probably have a right to be) but again they will hear that first debate things will change.

I understand that we're talking about a minority here, but its clear that there is a faction of Sanders supporters that want to disrupt the convention. That's what they came to Philadelphia for. The email thing is a justification but you don't start interrupting the opening prayer because of a couple of nasty emails

TheFatOne

Just sad it's come to this. At any point in time Sanders could have helped calm this bullshit down. Dems also didn't handle the leaks as well as they should have. Immediately DWS should have resigned and and apology should have been made.

Just sad it's come to this. At any point in time Sanders could have helped calm this bullshit down. Dems also didn't handle the leaks as well as they should have. Immediately DWS should have resigned and and apology should have been made.

They didn't even acknowledge the hack at first.

I hope Sanders is happy with what he's caused. A huge group of clueless assholes.

I guess it should be no surprise that diehard idiolistic voters tend to be more stubborn and less informed, but it's frustrating. Instead of taking this election cycle as a win for their side and making sure they cement their progress, and the progress of the last decade, they are marginalizing themselves even further and risking a humungous step backwards.

TheFatOne

You can tell none of the people on CNN or any other show have any idea what the DNC and its leadership are doing so they don't want to speak for them.

What a mess.

These guys have been planning for this for a while now. The emails are just a justification they are now using. They always planned to be disruptive at the convention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom