• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
It's funny watching the GOP goofiness, but there's a little man inside my mind (think Herman's Head) saying, "c'mon, c'mon.. let's get to Clinton's VP pick already.."

Starting to see the same exaggerations about Republican disunity that I did with Bernie's disloyalty. This isn't mayhem at the convention. It's a bad convention and it's slightly unprecedented but people withhold endorsements all the time (as Gingrich noted, Romney never endorsed Reagan/Bush).

There is more to it than just Romney not endorsing:

- None of the bushes have endorsed Trump.

- You have a few republicans outright endorsing Hillary.

- Trump has a bad VP pick because every likable GOP member is refusing to be on the ticket.

- You have arguments during the platform pre-convention due to moderates and business types being sick of the homophobia.

- You even have GOP members either reluctantly endorsing Trump or outright refusing to talk about Trump.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=454037404743508&id=311808692299714

This video looks nothing like the videos I've seen over the past year. I've seen a man run away from cops and get shot. I've seen horrendously excessive use of force to subdue people. I've seen a kid get gunned down with a toy. I've seen people get shot for only the slightest suspicion of wrongdoing.

Cops make split second decisions about their own safety but in the age of cameras nobody needs to imagine what improper decision making looks like.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm going to assume Manafort is smarter than that and still hasn't convinced his boss that no, NM/OR/CT/NY/CA/etc are not battleground states.

To be fair if he was smart he wouldn't have jumped on the Trump train in the first place. He'd have done like all the other operatives in the party and stayed the hell away and let this thing run it's course.

I'm going to assume Manafort is smarter than that and still hasn't convinced his boss that no, NM/OR/CT/NY/CA/etc are not battleground states.

One internal poll in CT shows a tie, I'm guessing that's why he assumes CT will be competitive.

Lovely buttons (not):

CnqHrXXWAAEhHEx.jpg:large

thebloo

This video looks nothing like the videos I've seen over the past year. I've seen a man run away from cops and get shot. I've seen horrendously excessive use of force to subdue people. I've seen a kid get gunned down with a toy. I've seen people get shot for only the slightest suspicion of wrongdoing.

Cops make split second decisions about their own safety but in the age of cameras nobody needs to imagine what improper decision making looks like.

Were you expecting something else from the Police itself and Fox?

Maledict

To be fair if he was smart he wouldn't have jumped on the Trump train in the first place. He'd have done like all the other operatives in the party and stayed the hell away and let this thing run it's course.

He hasn't been a party operative for decades - the last time he was active was in the 90s. He's been propping up eastern dictators since then. For him this is a no lose campaign - he gets paid and doesn't care about the impact down the road because he's not in the game anymore.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He hasn't been a party operative for decades - the last time he was active was in the 90s. He's been propping up eastern dictators since then. For him this is a no lose campaign - he gets paid and doesn't care about the impact down the road because he's not in the game anymore.

That explains a lot actually.

He's an older political operative from a past era, it's not like he's ever going to find a better (political) job than this in the United States. He gets a very nice pay day, the potential for a book deal, and lots of info to give the Russians next year. Seems like a good deal to me.

Same with Jeff Weaver and Sanders' top guys. Yea you go down with the ship but if you're an older operative this is your last shot at making good money in this field.

Crocodile

Those buttons are gross. Especially the KFC one :/

attn cleveland-poligaf

why do i not eat at melt more often

I ate at the Cleveland Heights one yesterday. Great stuff as always but the sandwich cut the roof of my mouth something fierce. Thankfully the cells on the inside of your mouth/cheek heal super fast <3

Teggy

I'm not sure what your point is. Yes, it is a very hard job to make this one decision. BLM are complaining about the general way that Police treat black citizens. How about this bodycam footage?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1089079334464317&id=799539910084929

Wilsongt

Oh bitch.

At their convention this week, Republicans are set to approve a particularly anti-LGBT platform. It calls for overturning marriage equality, banning same-sex parenting, restricting transgender people’s access to bathrooms, and ensuring parents can force harmful conversion therapy on their LGBT kids. Party leaders, however, deny that it’s anti-LGBT at all.
Advertisement

On CNN Monday morning, Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin (R), co-chair of the Republicans’ platform committee, explained that their priority with those planks was to “make American great” and to “stand for the human rights of all people, not just one segment, one class, one race, one preference, but for all people in the United States.” Besides, she said, there were gay people on the committee, insisting, “We’re an inclusive party; we’re a big tent.”

Party of inclusion and equal rights for all!!

I'm not sure what your point is. Yes, it is a very hard job to make this one decision. BLM are complaining about the general way that Police treat black citizens. How about this bodycam footage?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1089079334464317&id=799539910084929
I think it's exceedingly obvious that my point was that this video, which was meant to assuage people who thought cops were not making proper decisions, in fact mollifies nothing because the videos circulating over the internet are of an entirely different, egregious nature.

Holmes

Is that Confessions ad going to play on TV?

Hopefully the Pence rollout and interview, along with Schwartz's revelations scare enough people.

Full disclosure: the DNC thread's preliminary title is "And Now, The Boring One"

I ate at the Cleveland Heights one yesterday. Great stuff as always but the sandwich cut the roof of my mouth something fierce. Thankfully the cells on the inside of your mouth/cheek heal super fast <3

I just ate at the one in Columbus yesterday as a bit of a self-reward for finally moving a bunch of shit out of my old house, and sweet damn the Cuban War Pig is delicious

also yeah I keep barely avoiding cutting my mouth when I eat there (which is mainly because of the texas toast, because I never have this issue at Thurman's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom