• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird how Stein isn't really going up despite apparently tapping into that berniebro anti-Hillary sentiment

Her popularity is online than in real life.

VP announcement?

Cnqj0r4WIAEHt9P.jpg:large

Teggy

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-sells-pills-that-make-alex-jones-crazed.html

Michelle Van Etten, Soon-to-Be RNC Star, Peddles Pills that Make Alex Jones ‘Crazed’

A marketer who sells pills based on pseudoscience just landed a primetime speaking slot at the RNC. Among her fans: Infowars’ Alex Jones, who says the supplements make him “crazed and aggressive.”

Michelle Van Etten was presented by the RNC in a Sunday evening press release as a “small business owner” who “employs over 100,000 people.” That’s roughly 1.5 times the number of employees Apple employs in the United States, making it a highly unlikely claim.

It's an MLM.

Hot take: Hillary supporting Goldwater in '68 is really just evidence that the youth vote is dumb and more interested in change for its own sake than actual improvement.
That's not true. She supported Goldwater in '64 and supported McCarthy in '68. She's also never been "dumb". She's been politically active since 14 and informed since 16. Considering Goldwater was not a change candidate, I think it's much more likely that she was a conservative because she was religious. Also, at 21 she became a national figure specifically because of her graduation speech. So unless you're talking about really, really young, Hillary Rodham Clinton is the perfect example of how to be a young person involved in politics.

gcubed

Running against an opponent whose negativity completely eclipses her own oughta help.

basically, standing on a stage next to Trump should help those unfavorables. Right now they are in two different unlikable worlds. When they are together 3 times and more focus is on them back and forth, i expect them to increase. Not to great levels, but to not terrible levels.

Economic message, specifically. We know she's announcing on Friday. If she's spending that weekend focusing on economics, it kind of makes sense, in a way.
That seems like a weird choice considering this election seems to becoming more about domestic and foreign security.

Weird how Stein isn't really going up despite apparently tapping into that berniebro anti-Hillary sentiment

Trying for the votes of disappointed Sanders supporters is a good strategy for the Green Party, but Stein absolutely does not have the finesse to pull it off.

Don't think it's possible to infer anything from the location and theme, could fit any pick.

But I'm sure the campaign is going to leak the name on Thursday, just to piss on Trump's parade.

Oh wait I see it now

On Friday, July 22, and Saturday, July 23, Hillary Clinton will campaign in Florida. On July, 22, Hillary Clinton will visit Orlando. Later hat day, she ill campaign at a rally at the Florida State Fairground in Tampa. On July 23, Clinton will campaign at a rally in South Florida. In Tampa and South Florida, Clinton will discuss her commitment to building an economy that works for all, not just those at the top.

Don't think it's possible to infer anything from the location and theme, could fit any pick.

But I'm sure the campaign is going to leak the name on Thursday, just to piss on Trump's parade.

Outside of it being Warren, leaking it on Thursday will result in it being swept under the rug

I read it as Perez. Since he's secretary of labor :p

But seriously that's her campaign theme since bernie left (and even before)

BTW I love this video from the Campaign "Dear Donald"

https://www.facebook.com/hillaryclinton/videos/1191323850924142/

Sure enough. Just seems like we know the pick is coming then, and to focus on economics heavily that weekend is interesting to me. As long as it's not Kaine.

I think it depends on who the pick is. If she goes for an interesting pick, I can see them playing it tight as hell.

She can't. It's baked in.

We're less than 4 months away. How is she going to undo such a huge avalanche of negativity?
In campaign circles, this is when you unleash the bear. Meaning you let the candidate go off-script and be their natural self. But judging by how Hillary's campaign is tightly focused and choreographed to hone in on Trump's problems, focus group tested messaging and advertising, and carefully reacting to issues of the day, I doubt her campaign lets her off the leash. Last time they did that she went on to praise Reagan for fighting AIDS. She is a terrific politician and negotiator, but is not a good campaigner.

Paid for by Hillary for America, a grassroots campaign of 1.5 million donors committed to electing Hillary Clinton (and keeping Donald Trump out of the White House).

Clinton is doing the same thing as bernie did with the disclaimer.

And "keeping Donald Trump out" must be doing really well with focus groups as motivating people.

I would think she would make a VP announcement on Monday/Tuesday to take advantage of a full-week press cycle?

Convention starts on Monday. She's already got that cycle. You do it on Friday to stop people from talking about the GOP, and you get the weekend through next week.
Clinton is doing the same thing as bernie did with the disclaimer.

And "keeping Donald Trump out" must be doing really well with focus groups as motivating people.

The first part has been in there for months and months. I think they added the Trump thing more recently.

Outside of it being Warren, leaking it on Thursday will result in it being swept under the rug

A leak is not a confirmation, it will steal some attention no matter who the name is. If they play it smart.
And she'll have the entire week focused on her.

I would think she would make a VP announcement on Monday/Tuesday to take advantage of a full-week press cycle?
Nope, as said swift attention from Republicans and get the media coverage pre-convention.

Holmes

Revealing the VP in that text message they want to send out on Thursday wouldn't be a bad idea because it'll give people something else to talk about on that day other than the RNC, so long as the main rally announcement is on Friday.

pigeon

Banned
Monmouth July polls: CO: C+13; NV: C+4; USA: C+3; IA: T+2

Per Cohn.

The huge stomping in Colorado continues to be hilarious.

Either NV polls are all just wrong (which is possible) or Trump is pulling a lot of unexpected support from gambling/organized crime.

Yes I don't like either Trump and I hate Clinton.

I'm not going to tell you what to do or how to think or how to be.

But on one side you've got a person leading the party who is a racist, misogynistic, xenophobe. A party who is putting in their platform that LGBT people don't have the right to equality in anything. A party that put in it's platform a policy supporting a parent's right to have their children tortured for being queer. A party that refuses to support a woman's right to choose what she does with her own body, irrespective of the potential health risks.

On the other hand, you "hate" Hillary Clinton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom