• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

parrotful

Neo Member
I didn't really care for it. Since it's only a minute long, it doesn't feel like the audience fully comprehends why this is such a grave issue. Feels way too rushed.

I hadn't actually seen the original until this came up. I agree with this. The original has a sort of contemplative, conversational quality with all of its pauses and repetitions that this one lacks, like there's a real person grappling with his decision. I realize that the pacing of modern day media is different, but I think it would have been a lot more effective to have it be more leisurely.

Were the random original frames at 00:03 and 00:39 intentional or did someone do a shitty job in the editing bay?

I didn't really care for it. Since it's only a minute long, it doesn't feel like the audience fully comprehends why this is such a grave issue. Feels way too rushed.

pretty obvious it was intentional, meant for people to do frame by frame to see what it was, and figure out it's the same dude from the previous ad

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
pretty obvious it was intentional, meant for people to do frame by frame to see what it was, and figure out it's the same dude from the previous ad

Then they did a pretty crappy job if it was going to be only 2 random instances in a 1 minute long video.

Then they did a pretty crappy job if it was going to be only 2 random instances in a 1 minute long video.

I think it's fine, especially at the start when the use the original title card and the first frame after the title card is him 50 years ago settling in his chair.

The second one is kinda random tho, should have just stuck with the first one. They used it as a bridge between topics, so I guess they thought it was the only other time they could do it or something.

Clinton campaign going for it, redoing one of the best ads ever. Love love love.

Still should have done a younger, new actor for a longer clip, though.
I'm sure they will, this one has a different meaning if you know the 1964 ad. Pretty amazing that they actually decided to use the ad, but it's not an effective ad since few people know the 1964 one.

Nice touch nevertheless for a political nerd.

Damn, Manifort said Kasich was embarrassing himself and his state by not going to the convention. Gotta love that party unity
No gaffe either, said it at least on two shows.

There are some very interesting things on different state ballots this year:

ColoradoCare, the most important one, which would bring Single Payer Healthcare for the residents of Colorado. It would be a first in the US
Recreational Marijuana in California, Massachusetts, Maine, Nevada
Medicinal Marijuana in Florida, Arkansas, Montana
Background check for gun purchases in Maine and Nevada
Large Capacity Ammunition ban in California

What are we expecting from those? Which ones are pretty much sure to pass, which ones are likely to pass or fail? Do we have an idea of where voters are leaning at this point?

They do your last paragraph later on in the cycle, it's still super early

Cnn just did a sit down with a bunch of people who are "undecided" or disgruntled with the choices. When asked if you had to choose between Trump or Clinton, who would you be more inclined to vote for?

Out of around 25 people, i would say around half or more said Clinton, while only two or three people voted Trump.

Like that twitter person said, Trumps ceiling is low, his floor is garbage tier, while Clinton's ceiling is easily another 10 to 15 points.

Wilsongt

Judge Jeannie is such a useless, useless woman.

Holy shit. Someone on Fox got dangerously close to saying blacks get pulled over more because they put themselves into those situations.

Damn, Manifort said Kasich was embarrassing himself and his state by not going to the convention. Gotta love that party unity

lol, attacking a Governor with + favorability ratings is a dumb idea,

if Trump wanted standard Republicans to vote for him, he may lose the more moderate ones who like Kasich

---

watching Monring Joe. The Children Watching TV ad just came up, LOL. "I don't remember!!!" . What a great ad

So according to this lady on CNN, Obama doesnt care about police officers the same way as the Minnesota/BR/ victims because he doesnt have tears in his eyes and didnt say their names.

oh lord

thefro

Video of Schwartz (Art of the Deal author) on "Good Morning America" today

ABC said:
“You know, it’s a terrifying thing. I haven’t slept a night through since Donald trump announced for president because I believe he is so insecure, so easily provoked and not -- not particularly, nearly as smart as people might imagine he is,” he said. “I do worry that with the nuclear codes he would end civilization as we know it.”

He continued, “This is a man who has more sociopathic tendencies than any candidate in my adult life that I’ve observed.”

Schwartz said he wrote “every word” of “The Art of the Deal,” Trump’s part memoir and part business advice book, which held the no. 1 spot on the New York Times’ bestseller list for 51 weeks.

“Donald trump made a few red marks when I handed him the manuscript, but that was it,” he said.

Unity leveled up!

Politics1.com ‏@Politics1com 1h1 hour ago
Kasich mgr John Weaver replies to Manafort: "Manafort too long with dictators, can't recognize values."

Newt Gingrich Says Bushes Acting 'Childishly' and Need to 'Get Over' Jeb's Loss
Newt Gingrich accused the Bush family of behaving “childishly” by skipping this week’s Republican National Convention and refusing to endorse Donald Trump.

The former speaker of the House, who was widely considered one of the top three vice presidential contenders for Trump, made the comments today on “Good Morning America” in Cleveland, where the convention kicks off.

“The reason people nominated Donald Trump is because they weren’t happy and, frankly, I think the Bushes are behaving childishly,” Gingrich told George Stephanopoulos on “GMA.” “Jeb lost. Get over it.”

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Democrats absolutely have to utilize Schwartz in ads this October. Have him point out how Trump is a fraud and claimed he wrote the book when he didn't, etc., etc.

nature boy said:
Newt Gingrich Says Bushes Acting 'Childishly' and Need to 'Get Over' Jeb's Loss

I still say before this thing is over, at least one of the Bush presidents basically says people need to vote for Hillary. Maybe not that exact wording, but heavily implies it.

Oh boy:
Politics1.com ‏@Politics1com 50m50 minutes ago
"I am listening and watching and coming to a decision" - Ted Cruz, saying he's getting there, but not yet ready to endorse Trump
Which means he will endorse.

Karen Tumulty ‏@ktumulty 2h2 hours ago
At Bloomberg breakfast, Manafort tells reporters that model for Trump's acceptance speech will be Nixon 68.
LAW AND ORDER.

And it looks like Trump will introduce Melania, so he will speak today.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Oh boy:

Which means he will endorse.

LAW AND ORDER.

And it looks like Trump will introduce Melania, so he will speak today.

As expected for Cruz. The guy has no spine.

Starting to see the same exaggerations about Republican disunity that I did with Bernie's disloyalty. This isn't mayhem at the convention. It's a bad convention and it's slightly unprecedented but people withhold endorsements all the time (as Gingrich noted, Romney never endorsed Reagan/Bush).

sphagnum

Banned
Clinton 1964 "Confessions of a Republican" ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLt9jO9QkAAoeF7SSQFHqPEyq2dqIA6hZD&v=oeYKFRV34kY

WOW WOW WOW

Did not expect it.

This is amazing. I know the guy's an actor but it's kind of funny to imagine that this character has been constantly thinking every election since 1964 "Ok, maybe we're going to fix the party this time - wait.....what the fuck? God dammit now I have to vote Democrat AGAIN."

On another note, not that this really concerns anyone, but I'm very annoyed that they finally blocked the internet at work. You'll probably be seeing me post even less here.

thebloo

This is amazing. I know the guy's an actor but it's kind of funny to imagine that this character has been constantly thinking every election since 1964 "Ok, maybe we're going to fix the party this time - wait.....what the fuck? God dammit now I have to vote Democrat AGAIN."

On another note, not that this really concerns anyone, but I'm very annoyed that they finally blocked the internet at work. You'll probably be seeing me post even less here.

Do you work in NK?

Jonathan Karl ‏@jonkarl 3h3 hours ago Chinato
"Once the American people accept Donald Trump as somebody who can be president, the race is over" - Paul Manafort

Jonathan Karl ‏@jonkarl 3h3 hours ago Cleveland, OH
Big map? Paul Manafort claims there are about 20 battleground states including CT, OR, WI, MI, PA, NM. @bpolitics breakfast

Jonathan Karl ‏@jonkarl 3h3 hours ago Cleveland, OH
Manafort: "New Mexico is coming back in play and that's even before we fix the Hispanic problem" @bpolitics breakfast

Politics1.com ‏@Politics1com Jul 17
"I’m just hoping for a bounce" - RNC Reince Preibus, setting the bar very low for convention expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom