• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manafort is saying that Portman is angry with Kasich for refusing to support Trump. Portman's people are denying this to anyone who will listen.

HAHAHAHA. It's day 1!

Watching CSPANs coverage because they're inside.

They just showed the oldest lookin 18 year old I've ever seen. People in the South must mature faster. I think it's the heat....

Good lord. I just encountered a guy who says that the name "Black Lives Matter" has been irreparably damaged by these recent cop killings and that they need to change their name if they want to continue to effectively spread their message.

I can't even

Good lord. I just encountered a guy who says that the name "Black Lives Matter" has been irreparably damaged by these recent cop killings and that they need to change their name if they want to continue to effectively spread their message.

I can't even

Not unlike when the Republican party became the Tea Party to win some elections in 2010.

Owzers

HylianTom

Banned
From the New York Times..

@GabrielSherman:
BREAKING: The Murdochs have decided to remove Roger Ailes, possibly within days. My latest:
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/murdochs-have-decided-to-remove-roger-ailes.html

Roger Ailes's tenure as the head of Fox News may be coming to an end. Rupert Murdoch and sons Lachlan and James — co-chairmen and CEO, respectively, of parent company 21st Century Fox — have settled on removing the 76-year-old executive, say two sources briefed on a sexual harassment investigation of Ailes being conducted by New York law firm Paul, Weiss. After reviewing the initial findings of the probe, James Murdoch is said to be arguing that Ailes should be presented with a choice this week to resign or face being fired. Lachlan is more aligned with their father, who thinks that no action should be taken until after the GOP convention this week. Another source confirms that all three are in agreement that Ailes needs to go.

Teggy

I think it's exceedingly obvious that my point was that this video, which was meant to assuage people who thought cops were not making proper decisions, in fact mollifies nothing because the videos circulating over the internet are of an entirely different, egregious nature.

Not as exceedingly obvious as you thought.

My mom is currently lecturing me about watching the convention for the first time ever on teevee in the 1960s.

Which is kinda awesome.

RINSE PUBIS!

dramatis

How Donald Trump Won [Vox]
TRUMP_COMIC1.0.jpg

The specific tactical modalities that took Trump from "well-known celebrity who polled well among Republicans" to "guy who beat a dozen established politicians and became the nominee" are worth recounting on their own terms. It’s a story of strong, innovative behavior on Trump’s part. But it's also a story of massive blundering on the part of the Republican establishment.

It's a tale in which, somewhat ironically, disciples of free market economics were brought down largely by collective action problems and an inability to coordinate.
A pretty thorough outline of how pretty much everything went down. Take a trip down memory lane, guys.

Wilsongt

Unsurprising, but fuck.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2016/07/18/3799229/texas-fetal-burial-abbott/

His tactic: Requiring abortion clinic staff to bury or cremate the remains of every abortion procedure that takes place in their facility.
Unlike past state anti-abortion laws, Abbott sidestepped the state legislature by simply proposing a new “rule” for the state health services agency. The public has just one month to comment on this rule before it could potentially go into effect — effectively cutting out months of debate and rewrites commonly found in legislature proceedings. This is a red flag to abortion advocates.

But totally about he health and safety of women. Right, guys?

Sianos

Oh bitch.

Party of inclusion and equal rights for all!!

"We had LGBT people on our rules committee, how could we possibly be bigoted?

Well, I mean, we did vote down all of their calls to not pass an amendment that ensures that gay children can be tortured with our blessing, but they were still there."

Teggy

Woman cards are back on sale today if anyone wants them. Are there any female posters in this thread at all, actually?

pigeon

Banned
Hot take: Hillary supporting Goldwater in '68 is really just evidence that the youth vote is dumb and more interested in change for its own sake than actual improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom