• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

I don't think they expect anything to really happen with the nominee. Their goal is to embarrass the party at this point.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/omarosa-trump-team-225717

Omarosa named head of Trump's African American outreach

"I just spent an amazing weekend with African Americans for Trump, about 300 of them," she said. "I'm just wondering who they called because those numbers would be flawed according to the people who have come out to support, had an amazing faith-based service yet with African-Americans who support Donald Trump, had an amazing reception yesterday evening with African-Americans who support Trump. So I look at the data, but my reality is that I'm surrounded by people who to want see Donald Trump as the next president of the United States, who are African-American."
300!

Ed O'Keefe ‏@edatpost 32m32 minutes ago
Renegade delegate leaders say that party officials are now calling those that signed the document pressuring them to reconsider.

Ed O'Keefe ‏@edatpost 29m29 minutes ago
Delegates from the states that signed the petition "are getting bullied," according to @BeauCorrell, a leader of these renegade delegates

Ed O'Keefe ‏@edatpost 3m3 minutes ago
THE TALLY IS CLIMBING: Now told that delegates from at least 9, as many as 12 states have signed on to petition asking for rules vote.

pigeon

Banned
I will say the GOP is not at all behaving like they believe these polls. I don't even mean they're acting like he's going to lose, they're still acting like he's going to lose by 20.

Renegade delegate leaders say that party officials are now calling those that signed the document pressuring them to reconsider.

Delegates from the states that signed the petition "are getting bullied," according to @BeauCorrell, a leader of these renegade delegates

THE TALLY IS CLIMBING: Now told that delegates from at least 9, as many as 12 states have signed on to petition asking for rules vote.

Unity leveled up!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Holy shit, this might actually happen? MADNESS!! If they oust Trump then this is going to be in the bag. There's no way in hell Trump would take that lying down, I wonder if there's a third party with ballot access that would take him?

I'm a little confused on this. What's the difference between what Castro did here, and Perez campaigning for Clinton in New York with Bill for the primary or Vilsack campaigning for Clinton in Iowa?

Apparently it's because he was giving the interview as Secretary Castro and not Castro the person. Frankly the law is dumb because if you've got the guy in front of you you're going to ask the question, it's just a way to dodge questions you don't want to answer.

Q: does that mean ANy delegates or do they need a certain number from a given state?

Would they have to be Trump delegates that want a change or could it be any of them. I mean, there were delegates for other GOP candidates, did Trump just get them all when the others dropped out? I should know more about how this works.

I will say the GOP is not at all behaving like they believe these polls. I don't even mean they're acting like he's going to lose, they're still acting like he's going to lose by 20.

This is what I've been also confused about too.

However, they could easily just be thinking about the future of the party and what a Trump presidency would actually mean for their ability to ever win again in the next generation.

He has crippled the chosen leader Jeb Bush and neutered their future Obama Marco. Of course they are angry.

They're not going to oust Trump, but this turmoil is delicious. Like, literally delicious. Like, if I lick the screen of my laptop on which I am reading this, it tastes like pork belly with wild rice and asparagus.

Mmm mmm.

From what I can gather, this is to force a roll call on the rules package. Specifically, all they want is to unbind the delegates. (ie allow you to vote whomever you wish). They'd need to get, what, 20% or so to not vote Trump?

I doubt it happens, but it's something to follow.

Crocodile

Somebody tell those delegates to stop fucking around! They had months to try to nominate someone other than Trump and they failed. There is no need to burn Cleveland to the ground.

Teggy

Holy shit, this might actually happen? MADNESS!! If they oust Trump then this is going to be in the bag. There's no way in hell Trump would take that lying down, I wonder if there's a third party with ballot access that would take him?

All that might happen is that they might get to vote on whether to amend the convention rules. They would probably still lose that vote. But it would look bad.

studyguy

This ride is too wild. All this will amount to is the neverTrumpers getting a final bronze star they can show down the line that says LOOK HOW HARD I TRIED.

Jamie Dupree ‏@jamiedupree 3m3 minutes ago

GA delegates were told today that if you behave on the floor, you're fine - "you don't behave - you get taken out"

Stop Trump PAC ‏@StopTrumpPAC 4m4 minutes ago

Trump whip now to young female #NeverTrump delegate: You will pay a heavy price, don't ruin your life.

hawk2025

They actually played Station to Station by Bowie live at the RNC.

I figured nothing else could surprise me, but alas.

"It's too late"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom